Yes Adobe.... we need the ability to save Track Effect presets and reorder effects.
Not having this simple feature is a huge oversight so please escalate this request.
As we look at our current captions workflow, we will use this feedback to keep us informed
Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.
Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.
We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status
There is also an issue with how Premiere links to the SRT file.
If you make changes to an SRT file outside of Premiere, or wish to link to an updated file, the changes do not appear in Premiere. The only way is to rename the SRT file to something different, re-import and replace the original caption track on the timeline.
Trying to use 'Make Offline' and 'Link Media' (or 'Replace Footaqe') do not work.
Through discussion it seems that Premiere must create some kind of cached version of the SRT upon import based upon the filename. Clearing the main cache doesn't force it to rebuild, only re-importing a new file with a different name works.
I can also confirm that Captions are no longer exporting from the latest version of AME (Version 13.1.5 Build 35).
I can confirm that captions can now be exported from AME (Version 13.1 Build 173).
Cannot believe the issues with Captions, in particular the fact AME can't render Captions, has existed for so long! Come on Adobe.
A small point that might help peoplewith one of the issues. If you need to make changes to the formatting of all captions, Right-Click in the in-out area of the Captions window and choose 'Select All'. Any changes you make will now affect the entire caption file.
I've just spent an hour on the phone with Adobe Support on the same issue.
To clarify the issue as I see it:
1. SRT imported into Premiere
2. Changes made to SRT file externally (or a replacement SRT file supplied)
3. Unlink original SRT file in Premiere and Relink or Replace with new SRT file.
4. Captions do not update.
The only way I can get the captions to update is by renaming the SRT file with a different name, reimporting the file and replacing it on the timeline.
Through discussion with Adobe support it seems that Premiere must create some kind of cached version of the SRT upon import based upon the filename. Clearing the main cache doesn't force it to rebuild, only reimporting a new file with a different name works.
I've asked support to pass on their findings to the engineering team but I guess we'll just have to see if they deem this important enough to look into!