166 votesUnder Review · 87 comments · Premiere Pro » Essential Graphics · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentSome User commented
Hello there, I finally got time to do this.
Let's compare my workflows of the most simple edit I have to do every week. One is in CC2018, one is in CC2016. (I don't have the latter one cause it seems you can't get it now through the Creative Cloud which is honestly annoying)
What I want to do:
1. Import an mp4 file.
2. Put text on it.
3. Put different text on another frame of the clip.
4. Copy the same text and paste it on a third frame of the same clip so that the latter ones display the same text.
In CC2018: https://youtu.be/1UNHaiLT_Pg
As you can see, there are a few problems.
1. I can't use presets easily. I need to make a new text field, delete the actual text from it, then apply an effects preset on it.
1.1. It's much SLOWER than in CC2016 where you could press Ctrl+T, "use preset" and then just select a preset and you're done.
1.2. And you have to save text presets in your effects presets which get messy very fast.
2. If you want to have the same text on two different parts of your project, you have to link specifically the texts you want to have linked. In my video example I have 3 different pieces of text which are not in sync with each other. That's bad.
So in CC2016 the workflow would be:
2. Click on button "Use preset". (which got REMOVED COMPLETELY even from the LEGACY TITLER since CC2017, see here: http://snap.ashampoo.com/uploads/2018-12-12/SQDPPyhzg2S4WD53DBLIJyvyEf9imJda2GPL0WFgSYCk60GBbskllAEqFDYsN4SJ.png)
3. Edit text.
4. Close (now legacy) titler.
5. Drag the text whereever you want it to be.
If you want an unlinked copy, you doubleclick the text and use "create copy with current preset" or however the button is called.
If you want a linked copy, you just drag the text from your workspace on another spot of the project, now you have two linked texts (if you edit one, the other one will change).
As you can see, my whole workflow is basically broken since CC2017. Please bring back my good old presets in the legacy titler (the "official" workaround presented to me by Adobe is annoying, too) and woe you delete the legacy titler completely!