34 votesIn Progress · AdminFergus Hammond (Product Manager, Video & Audio Cloud Workflows, Adobe DVA) responded
We have determined the underlying cause of this issue and we're working on a fix for it. I don't have a date when it will be fixed but when I do, I will share it here.David Scott supported this idea ·
An error occurred while saving the commentDavid Scott commented
Hi amazing bug fixing people - I'm having the same issue.
Mac Pro 2019.
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
2x AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB
OSX Catalina 10.15.7
Increasingly experienced various issues across multiple short projects including but not limited to:
Error retrieving frames, so audio plays on but picture freezes
Unable to access resource 'S - when trying to save
Error compiling movie
I have tried various versions of PP 2020 2021 2022 - same result.
I've have totally uninstalled and reinstalled deleting preferences - same result.
In fact I've:
1. Moved the entire project to the second raid - made no difference
2. Cleared PP cache - made no difference
3. Reset PP preferences - made no difference
4. Created a new project and imported the one which was failing - made no difference
5. When I found I could not export an H264 or ProRes without it freezing (a 90sec timeline), I exported and reimported a TAGA sequence and exported and reimported a WAV, combined them and then successfully exported the H264.
6. Ran hardware diagnostics - no errors
7. Tested all drives with Disc Warrior - no errors
I work as a freelance video editor on my own equipment.
This is becoming highly embarashing with my clients and I need a fix soon PLEASE!
I know its hard when you cant replicate it.... prehaps an engineer would like to screen share with me...?
Thanks for all you do!