Find and Connect error
Find and Connect bug.
I created a video a few weeks ago and had to since collect my raw content on a different external drive. I was asked to revisit and edit an old video, which of course, now had broken links to the clips. I attempted to "find and connect" within the clip bin, which worked for one clip, but when I tried the followingc lip, it updated the previous, which also changed clips in the timeline.
For example, in my bin i had 0016.mp4. 0017.mp4, 0019.mp4.
All three are broken links. I performed "find and connect" on 0016.mp4, it looks good.
I then tried the same on 0017.mp4. But instead, 0016 was updated with 0017's content. 0017's content replaced 0016 in the bin and timeline. I didn't notice the exchange right away, but 0017 in the bin still shows a broken link. I tried again and it remained broken. I move on and try "find and connect" on 0019. This again replaces 0016 in bin and timeline, but also fills 0019. So 0016 and 0019 are now linked to the same 0019 content in the bin and timeline. Trying again, I was able to re-link 0017".
There are no options to simply replace 0016 on its own because there is no broken link to replace.
Suggestion, auto-populate broken links within the same relative folders, like Illustrator does.