Cross-Application Workflows

Welcome to the Adobe Cross-Application Workflow feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Adobe Cross-Application Workflow team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Community Forum.

How can we improve our cross-application workflows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UBUNTU/GNU/LINUX

You could make Creative Cloud compatible with UBUNTU/LINUX and another one free operating system.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SHORTCUT TO THE QUEUE OF MEDIA ENCODER

After Effects has Ctrl+Alt+M for Media Encoder.

Premiere Pro could have the same shortcut option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shared render queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MORE VFX FUNCTIONALITIES

After Effects is really fantastic to create motion graphics, but maybe it should be better for creating cinematography visual effects as Nuke or Fusion.

Maybe this could be possible if your team developes tools for VFX, like #ProjectFastMask, #ProjectCloak, a remarkable improvement of the CINEWARE effect or accelerates the Cycore effects of After Effects.

TKS ;)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. buy Black Magic Design

The new DaVinci Resolve 16 is really useful for almost all the disciplines of video post production.
    That is why a lot of people are leaving Adobe video and audio apps. So, what is the solution for that?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dynamic Link  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New program: managing SoMe accounts; image sizes, text lengths, schedule postings.

New program: managing SoMe accounts; editing and adjusting image sizes, text lengths, schedule postings to each Social media, and each of my accounts.

The different social media uses different image sizes, text lengths, film lengths, and it is a hassle to manage. I need something that helps me do that! This program should also be able to autopost/schedule postings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DOUBLE CLICK TO RESET THE SLIDERS

Premiere Pro has an option to reset the sliders of Lumetri Color when you hit twice on them.

Your developing team could add this functionality to all the sliders of all the effects of all the Adobe video & audio apps.

It could be awesome ;)

TKS, Adobe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ADOBE SENSEI SOUND EFFECTS

Hey! You should use your Adobe Sensei (machine learning) to generate new and advanced sound effects natively inside Audition. You could combine that with new possible tools, such as advanced oscillators for a more precise and parametric control ;)

https://experiments.withgoogle.com/ai/sound-maker/view/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Creative Cloud Libraries/Assets on Microsoft Azure in addition to AWS

I don't know if this is possible/planned. But if an organization cannot use Creative Cloud Libraries due to restrictions on cloud technology, there should be an option to use Microsoft's solution instead of AWS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to log in to Creative Cloud and Sign out other computers once, not with each app

When I switch computers and 'log out, and sign off of computer X' so I can use CC on computer B..., A: We should only have to do that once, and not each time I open another CC app, i.e. render with M.E..
    and B:... when I do sign in (again), it shouldn't force me to save AE changes and quit the app. just so I can relaunch it. I haven't noticed this with PS and AI, but happens every day with DVA apps: AE, M.E. and I think premier. Even signing in and logging out from the CC control…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. combine HARD keyframes and SOFT keyframes individually.

You could add the functionality to switch a standard keyframe to a polynomial curve keyframe individually (such as After Effects and Premiere Pro does), not only having the current way of switching all the keyframes from one mode to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add OFX support for true cross-platform/cross-software workflows

Cross-application/cross-software support should not be limited to Adobe products but include third-party software, too, such as DaVinci, etc. As such, what would be great is if all these tools could start conforming to a common standard when it comes to effects so that effects can be properly accessed across software and only require one set of binaries per effect that are then shared. This would also ensure that an effect wasn't translated into another vendor's effect that then may have a different implementation and may cause visual and/or audible differences.

One such possibility would be to finally start including OFX…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More audio felxibility in MOGRT's

Mogrt files don't support multiple audio files.
    I'd like to be able to make a Mogrt file with serveral audio files, and checkboxes to select wich one to play. So the editor, in Premiere, can choose what audio file he wants to have. Videobumpers may have various audio files, so why make one mogrt for every piece of audio if you could just make one where you could choose any one of them?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Motion Graphics Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SUB MULTI-TRACKS (MULTI-TRACKS INSIDE MULTI-TRACKS)

You could add the awesome option of including multi-tracks inside other multi-tracks parametrically, such as After Effects does with its pre-compositions inside compositions ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Node-based editing

Layers provide a very inflexible two-dimensional editing paradigm and isn't very conducive to sharing data within a project. Instead of simply allowing node-based editing, Adobe appear to invite their own hacks such as Smart Objects for Photoshop, for example, but these still feel clunky to work with and still don't offer the flexibility that nodes do.

What is needed is an alternative view that is node-based an allows data to flow any way a user wants and without data duplication. This should be optional workflow within all Adobe tools, but at least in Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and even…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. favorite fonts available across all apps

if I choose some favorite fonts in, say, After Effects, it would be great that when I open Illustrator, those fonts still appear as favorite in that app... or in any other Adobe app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fonts/Typekit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media encoder panel in AE and Premiere

As media encoder is becoming the main output for Ae and Pr and as media encoder'UI is quite simple it would help not waste too much time to have a panel inside the other apps that can control AME and show its state, renderqueue etc...

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shared render queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere Dissolves no longer create Opacity keyframes in After Effects

In the past, you could create a video in Premiere Pro and add in typical Cross Dissolves. Then, when you send the clips through to dynamic link, all of the dissolves would be converted into Opacity keyframes.

This has not worked for a large number of previous versions.

Was this feature removed? If so, why? Can it be added back? Is this a bug?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dynamic Link  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FINER ZOOM

You could add a finer zoom in the viewport, such as in Photoshop or Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Easier motion graphics font color change

When creating a Motion Graphics Template in AE to use in Premiere, if you want the font color to be changeable, you currently have to add an RGB Color Animator. It would be much more convenient to have the option to enable the option to change font color through the Source Text Properties, the same way you can enable font size or faux styles.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Motion Graphics Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create Video Transition Templates in After Effects to Use In Premiere Pro

A lot of us just stick to basic dissolves, but if you watch any show on TLC, you'll notice lots of custom video transitions. Lens flares, complex animations, and more. You could argue that these transitions are tacky and garrish, but sometimes, if used correctly, can really add to a production.

The current way to do transitions like these is to send the head and tail of each video clip to After Effects and do the transition there. The only problem is that this isn't flexible, and if you want to roll the edit or trim some frames, you have…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Motion Graphics Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base