Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable hinge effects on a dragger.

I am trying to make rope arms, where when you grab the hand the arm dangles from a hinge on the hand and from the shoulder. This is impossible however because when you grab something, that part remains fixed in a certain position. This creates some weird bending on the arm by the hand. (The hand always points downwards). This could be usefull for all sorts of stuff.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Magnets Hinge and Weld - none great (add friction to hinge?)

I had a balloon on a string. Dangles turn off the string (created a separate issue for that one). Without dangle the balloon would either sway from side to side with no way to stop it (there was no “friction” setting on the hinge to slow it down), or using weld it would be a firm stick with no dynamic feel to the balloon at all.

I think Hinge would be more useful if there was a friction or damping setting to slowly reduce the swaying effect of “hinge” today. Otherwise hinge is not that useful - things just keep…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. программа в реальности не работает

уже неделю пытаюсь хоть что-то минимальное получить, но так и никакого результата. Хотел просто чуть-чуть анимировать рисунки в детской книжке сделанной в Indesign для электронной версии. Чтобы не делал, но фон остается черным. Результат совсем никакой.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Здравствуйте, боюсь, мне нужно лучшее понимание вопроса. Проблема в том, что вы пытаетесь работать напрямую с документом InDesign? CharacterAnimator предназначен для работы с документами Photoshop и Illustrator. Пожалуйста, заархивируйте ваш файл и отправьте сообщение, и мы посмотрим, сможем ли мы помочь. Благодарю.

5. Eye gaze and Face input source as webcam or X/Y positions

Eye gaze and Face can only use the webcam as inputs. It would be good to allow another mode where X/Y properties control which direction the face is facing (controls parallax) and which way the eyes are looking.

In my case I want to hook up to an external MIDI source so can use HTC Vive VR equipment to control eye gaze and parallax. I could possibly use Transform behaviors with a lot of care, but its tricky as you need to get the transform for both eyes correct (calibration is hard). It also means the puppet can be used…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BACKSPACE BUTTON NEXT TO THE PLAY BUTTON

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator and Audition should have this button, as Cinema 4D has. It's a great tool to do an inverted reproduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. отвратительно. не работает

не работает. даже просто попытки импорта файла ai в качестве марионетке вызывает падение программы. импорт этой же картинки в формате psd но сама картинка не появляется. совершенно бесполезная программа. невозможно даже начать работать.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Can you please provide more information? The problems you describe are not ones that we commonly see, but perhaps we have misunderstood something in the translation.

As I understand it, your issues are:

1. Importing Ai file causes app to crash
    2. Importing PSD results in no image present.

Could you please zip your project file and post?

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [BUG] Audio hardware change causes freezing and crashing

Switching audio hardware from inline speakers to bluetooth headset causes CH to freeze and crash when recording and during playback even though the audio hardware setting preference is updated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Concept one to motion

If you can record full face movements, why not record full body motion like motion capture with no need to push buttons to walk , run or jump?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Layer Colors to CA

Photoshop/Illustrator Layer colors to Character Animator.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I found a bug when you switch PC's

When I Switched PC's and Switched my Ip's I was able to register charecter animator for a second trial when I already used my trial before.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scale exports to different sizes (vector based projects)

It would be nice to scale the entire scene (and all its sub-scenes/puppets) to any scale. For example, I have a master scene which contains many puppets and everything is in vector. I am working in a 1920x1080 resolution and everything is made for this resolution. It would be nice though since everything is in vector to be able to scale the project up to 4k for example (same aspect ratio) and now have a 4k vector animation of this too done very easily. 4k+ is very slow in character animator to work with which is why I use 1920x1080.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. default puppet position option

I think this would be very helpful!
    the basic position in which we design the character is almost never a default position for it. So you always need to start with one dragger recording of a default position, and than on top of that additional dragger recordings.

it would be great if we could build one or maybe even a number of "default" body positions and choose without needing to record it with a different dragger!

hope i explained it properly :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scale Track Height (Premiere Style)

Would be nice to be able to scale the track size vertically in the timeline like Premiere's behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the default be the last thing you did, rather than the pre-set default

Please change the default setting to what you did previously, rather than some pre-determined default. It is so irritating to constantly have to go back, un check the red buttons, etc.

For instance, in recording a walk behavior, you have to go back to the beginning, so your characters are in the correct place, then you have to make sure to fix the body speed so that they actually record. If you want to record it over again, you AGAIN have to go back re-do the body speed.

There should be a default to what you just did and then…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pixel mask on a group

Working on an illustrator's existing character, I wanted to ease my pain and use a layer mask on the group of faces.

Except it only works layer by layer. (one mask, one layer) whereas Photoshop proposes also the "one group, one mask" option.

I don't know if it would be possible to add that.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. camera

I tried CC last year and stopped using it when I started having webcam issues. A year later, I still have issues with it. I have a Logitech C922 and Blackmagic Capture Recorder. At first, I got the "Camera Busy" with NO other applications running. I tested it, I opened OBS and the C922 turned on no problem. I closed OBS, restarted, went to Device Manager disabled Blackmagic, restarted, opened CC and still the same issue "Camera Busy".

Yes, I went to the 'Switch camera' option, yes I 'Default Camera' too, still same issue. I performed another test, closed CC…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hand puppet (Muppet) input

After Effects and premiere have VR display preview. But what about putting those hand trackers (oculus touch, vive wand) to good use? They have analog triggers, buttons and joysticks plus 3D positional and rotational tracking. I can't help but think that all of that real time data could be used in a more traditional pupeteering way.

You don't really need the output to be in VR or even 3D. Just use the input controlers as is like how Henson and co used for their Muppets.

Would probably easier as input for some of us than the webcam setups

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base