Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Behavior Strength Percentage

An overall "Strength" parameter for behaviors. I have some eyebrows that are going to high in my position take. Just take the behavior strength down to compensate.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we don’t have a “global” strength setting for behaviors, eyebrow strength is a parameter in face behavior. See your properties panel.

2. Isolate Parameters When Selected

When a take is selected in the timeline, just the parameters for the clip(s) are shown, eliminating the hunt for the specified parameter.

Deselect clip(s) to show all parameters.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we have CYCLE LAYERS be automatically the same way the EYELID behavior is added (by typing it)?

I find that adding the CYCLE LAYERS takes the most time (besides assigning MIDI triggers to multiple hand positions) after importing. It can also be a challenge to explain this to a client when passing off work.

WHAT IF:
    In Illustrator or Photoshop, you could just write "CYCLE LAYERS" and the behavior would already be added? You could even give us a letter to add for "hold on last layer" "cycle once" and "when trigger released" [Or give us the ability to change the default of CYCLE LAYERS in ACA].

THANK YOU!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, to the point below, we’ve added search filtering in the puppet panel in the Version 2.1 release that went live on April 3rd, 2019. Check it out!

4. Smoother animations.

You could add more functionalities for smoothing animations, for example mouth animations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm, does the menu bar say “Version 2.0” or “Version 2.0.1”?

If it says “Version 1.1”, “Version 1.1.1”, or “Version 1.5”, what is your OS version? Here are the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html

If it says “Version 1.0.6” or earlier, you are using the Beta or Preview version of Character Animator. There is a separate “Character Animator CC” entry in the Creative Cloud application to install, separate from “Character Animator CC (Beta)”.

6. Cinema 4D

Character Animator could has an interoperability with Cinema 4D to animate 3D models with Character Animator. This can be the next union level between ADOBE and MAXON, like is happening with After Effects/Illustrator with Cinema 4D.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teleprompter Feature - Separate Tab or Onion Skin Over Scene

It would be great to have a Teleprompter feature that prompts the person speaking with a visual text of a speech or script.

This could take the form of a Teleprompter tab or an onion skin over the scene as it's being recorded (that is, the script is superimposed over the scene as it's recorded).

Since I do most of my recordings on an iMac, I could see undocking the Teleprompter tab and placing it at the upper middle of the Desktop, just below there the built-in web cam is located. Or, reading the text as is scrolls by while…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Folders in Trigger Panel

When there are a lot of triggers/swap sets on a puppet, working in the trigger panel gets unwieldy, It would help if we could create folders in which to put triggers already made, just like we can create folders in the Project panel to tidy it up when it gets crowded.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New behavior: kneel

Hello, it would be great if there was a knee flexion for the puppets in the behavior. Then she could squat down and pick something up from the ground. This behavior should then start from a trigger so that the "go" behavior can be interrupted. I hope I explained that understandably :)
    Best regards
    Gabi

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [BUG] puppet walks off screen

Hello there,

if I change the timeline, the puppet will be lost.

Could you please solve this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19-nbBMItjpKVtPmi9pZnB5sX75VzQJFg

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Dennis

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Nested Swap Sets

Can we have NESTED SWAP SETS?

When I hit "Generate Controls," it tells me I have 496 triggers. I love that the program can handle this BUT really, a lot of these are repeats from one head position or body position to the next. Adding a swap set for hands, on multiple arm positions is what created this giant tedious day (496!) with my MIDI controller.

If the Swap Sets could understand that two same-named arm positions with same-name hand positions are the same, you would TOTALLY SAVE US SO MUCH TIME!!

Also, if swap sets could be nested in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enabling record for a take should not discard other property values set up for recordings

If you have say three properties armed (red dot on) and you set up all the draggers etc, then you decide to arm the "trigger" behavior as well, it loses all the other values you set up for armed behavior properties (e.g. all the drags you set up ready for the record are reset). I don't think arming or disarming a property should reset values for other properties (especially draggers). It should only reset a specific property if the "arm" (record) button is turned off for that property.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include motion blur on the Transform Panel!

Include Motion Blur on the Transform Panel so it's possible to have the character waving his arms and get the blurred effect within Character Animator.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trigger control improvement

In the control section for triggers, in layout you can drag the icons to where you want, and you can even drag one icon on top of another, but, when you press it, it still only triggers one of the icons. It would be great if you could layer icons on top of each other, and then you only have to press the one to trigger them all at once. The reason for this is because if you create a trigger group, all the actions in that group has to be the same lengh in frames, otherwise it causes bits…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Walking triggered by keyboard

Hello, if you could wipe out the "walking" through the keyboard, you could use multiple gaits for a puppet. She could then walk normally, walk or walk very slowly. For streaming, it would be easier to give the character more dynamic.
    Best regards
    Gabi

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choose anti-aliasing options

I want to be able to link dynamically with after effects, but the linked animation has blurry edges and not hard pixels that I need.

For instance part of the aesthetic is that my animations are low resolution, with pixilated edges. I cannot use character animator unless there is an option to export or link using a "draft" quality, such as in AE. Please give us a hard pixel export option (no anti aliasing)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Global setting to control resolution etc to speed up performance

While editing and streaming, performance is very important. For people with lower powered computers, things can become sluggish. It would be great to have a global setting that adjusted settings like resolution of images created (if that speed things up), mesh density (if that speeds things up), and so forth. Then while editing/streaming, the setting can be cranked back to what the computer supports. When doing a media export, the setting can be set back to full resolution where it does not have to be real-time display. (Just go grab a coffee for the final render.) But the setting should…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quick Behaviors and Auto Rigging

Wishlist, with Create Trigger dropzone - Would be great if there was one that created both a Trigger and add Cycle Layers Behavior.

Would also love a way to set Cycle Layers, Triggers, Bones, and Attach from layer names in Illustrator and Photoshop. (Similar to independent.)

Sometimes I have to restructure my puppet and it’s tough having to re-rig when plans change.

Inverse kinematics – Similar to the after effects riggin plugin DUIK, adding more realistic control to limbs. Makes them only bend one way

Love any shortcuts that keep things from becoming repetitive.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have the scale and both X and Y anchors be easy set and stay without recording

The scale and anchor points now are set but won't remain unless you record them. If you touch any other behavior before recording, they disappear, causing you to have to re-enter them. These are so basic to where a character is in a scene and need to just have them inputed in an easier and more stable fashion, such as typing in a box.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Walk behavior should work with only one profile

As far as I can tell, if you have Frontal and Right Profile the puppet will not switch from frontal to the profile when you use the arrow key. You have to create Left Profile as well for the flipping from “Frontal” to “Right Profile”. If the right profile is the default (like walkbot), then walking works. So it is not the walk behavior that seems to be the problem, but rather the code to decide to flip from the default profile to the walk direction profile refuses to work without Left and Right profiles both defined (and rigged sensibly).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base