Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug report, I cannot pin my characters to the ground.

Bug report. My characters will not pin to the ground and I cannot find a solution, I've been stuck for days.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you have Fixed-tagged handles (e.g., created with the Pin tool) on the mesh that the legs/feet are on? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the puppet’s structure (layers list with the group that contains the Fixed handles selected) in the Puppet panel?

2. "joysticks and sliders" like option in character animator!

this would be a game changer for CH. something like this after effect script: https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/#

for controlling facial expression non-live, maybe even the rigging system can improve the live option, this really gives a 3d illustion to 2d animations, and it seems pretty simple in after effects.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export nulls from Character Animator to After Effects

Just getting rolling with CA so please forgive if my terminology is way off. It seems to me it'd be very helpful if we could create Nulls in CA that we could export to AE. Then we'd be able to use the nulls in AE to attach objects, use as emitters, center points for effects... all kinds wacky of stuff.

I'd think we should also be able to assign these nulls in CA to our eye's performances and any draggable handles.

Dogging CA so far... thanks for the cool tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More mouth constants. "Th", "K", "P", "Ch", etc.

Complex mouths look pretty bad when synced to audio, and it becomes very noticeable that some sounds don't have proper lip pronunciations such as "Th", "Z", "K", "P", and "Wh".

Getting the 12 essentials would be a massive improvement and allow for more complex designs.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Rear and 3/4 views

Hello,

It would be great if CA would support Rear and 3/4 views of characters along with walk and run cycles for movement.

Thanks,
    Rajnesh

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Walk Behaviour: Add hip sway walk behaviour & walk forward behaviour like Wonder boy

Hi,
    1. As most of my characters are woman, I'd love to be able to give them a hip sway to their walk behaviour.
    2. Would be great if you can have a Walk Front behaviour like Wonder Boy. Also include a hip sway with this behaviour.
    Thanks

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For #1, the just-released Version 2.0 has support for separate Left/Right Hip tags and a Hip Sway parameter in the Walk behavior that can move the handles to simulate hip sway, more so for quarter-drawn characters. See this tutorial for more information: youtube.com/watch?v=b1GLkNVVEGk

7. Incorpation with Fuse?

Maybe be able to animated characters made in Adobe Fuse with Character Animator?

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Getting dangle and collision effects to work together.

To have objects that dangle be able to collide properly with other objects when they dangle. At the current time the object just appears to be dangling but actually stays in the same spot.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2520232

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Webcam using my own phone (using Droidcam or IP Webcam)

My webcam is messed up (very blurry because i put on a tape on it before)

I want to suggest if I can use my phone as a webcam. Droidcam is what I use (using USB), I hope Character Animator detects it too although I know that it is not listed in the 'Camera' or 'Imaging devices' in Device Manager.

I am really hoping for this to be added.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send raw characterizer captures to Photoshop

Characterizer system is awesome but, it has trouble recognizing and masking a couple of things like beards and certain skin tones even with lighting.The capture process is incredibly useful though and it would be awesome to be able to send those initial captures to photoshop to do things like edit what is masked out, manually draw faces based on the captures, and manipulate the captures themselves.
    OR
    at a minimum add a step between the captures and characterization where you can tell characterizer what it should see as face, head hair, facial hair, etc. Similar to the process when adding…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stream via Instagram Live

I want to stream my character on Instagram Live.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to create Scripts to Character Animator, is it possible?

Where is SDK documentation? CEP PANELS? JSX add-ons?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add additional Mouths

I want to be able to add a mouths with smug and sad to my animation. Right now you are set to the provided number of mouth expressions.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Connecting face triggers to other elements - or - Creating emotion sets

The problem i'm having right now with creating different emotion sets (sad, confused, happy etc.) is that it's something very basic and important, yet time consuming and complicated to do on a live performance.

my idea is:
    if we could somehow for example, connect between the "smile" behavior that the camera tracks from the face, and connect it to other elements created for a smile set like eyebrows, eyes, cheeks etc. which will be triggered automatically.

if you make a sad/smile/surprised face, the camera detects it and automatically triggers sad eyes, eyebrows, maybe even body poses!

basic emotions that are…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Criador de Caracteres

Inicio o Criador de Caracteres em meu mac, ele fala a primeira frase para fazer uma expressão neutra e para por aí.

Há algo que possa fazer para corrigir este erro ?

Obrigado

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DOUBLE CLICK TO RESET THE SLIDERS

Premiere Pro has an option to reset the sliders of Lumetri Color when you hit twice on them.

Your developing team could add this functionality to all the sliders of all the effects of all the Adobe video & audio apps.

It could be awesome ;)

TKS, Adobe

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Develop a web API

It would be amazing to be able to implement the puppets inside a website, can we have this please?! :D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Parenting to Dragger etc.

Would be nice to be able to parent items to a null or dragger. For instance if I want to parent both pupils to dragger, I could then just move the dragger around to control them.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manual Multiple Images Option for Characterizer

Characterizer offers 3 way of building a puppet:

1) Automatic Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions

2) Manual Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions (but instructions are more detailed and numerous)

3) Image where you submit one single image with minimalistic rigging

I am suggesting that Characterizer should offer a fourth option that sounds quite simple to me which is:

4) Manual multiple images where you can enter several images or photos following the same instructions as Manual Webcam but instead of having to sit yourself…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base