Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how can I restore stream section

my stream section is blank, I've created my puppet on record section but as soon as I click stream it becomes blank. please assist to restore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want the same reproducibility in the recording of physical property behaviors as in the recording.

I recorded a scene in which a puppet flows in the wind using the physical properties behavior. However, when I play it back, it does not behave the same. Each time I play it back, the behavior is different.
    I hope that the next version will have the same behavior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix Dynamic Linking to Premiere Pro and After Effects

Since I need to use many features in Premiere Pro and After Effects to finish a project with Ch, I am finding dynamic linking a good idea/concept to do professional work but it always ends up making things unworkable. Right now I have a project I spent 3 weeks on, and I can't even open it in Premiere Pro, all the Ch scenes are 'pending' and I have done everything recommended on the Internet but cannot open the project in either Premiere Pro or After Effects (all the apps are updated). If Adobe cannot fix dynamic linking then please consider…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Help Explain this?

Can someone explain this... watch the short video...
    I am still learning
    https://youtu.be/5HGulAFeLtg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Universal Cameras

You should be able to export a camera to a different scene.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn on visibility of sticks in Record workspace

Similar to how you you can turn on the visibility of your dragger handles, there are times when I'd find it helpful if my sticks showed up green on the stage so I could troubleshoot their placement. When the legs or arms are warping in ways I don't like, the solution is often to trial-and-error move those sticks around and find the perfect sweet spot. I think I might be able to pinpoint what part of the stick is influencing the mesh in an ugly way if I could see the sticks while the puppet's moving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blink and Physics need to be decoupled from frame rate

Recording a stage with 60fps and 4k settings. Blink lasts exactly 1 Frame. This looks natural in 25fps but with 60, it is just flickering.
    Same with physics. Dangle is quite different if stage runs 24, 25, 30 or 60 FPS.

Please at least, insert a multiplier in behaviours (blink 2x slower would result in a 30fps like behaviour when performed on a 60 fps stage).

Cycle layers already has something like this.

Idea: scaling physics to 5x or 6x would result in a slowmotion effect. Useful for a ghostly puppet for example. Or underwater

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Jimmy Neutron characters

Hello! Can you fix the Jimmy Neutron characters?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HEAD TILT... please help

How do I get the head the move with tilt but continue to stabilize the body...?
    https://youtu.be/Qbor3vaabsw

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Arm twisting/torsion tracking possibility, easier way to control arm bending

My main issue still is setting up the correct arm movement with Limb IK-behaviour. After hours of trial-and-error I almost give up. The bending, stretching and flipping of the elbows and shoulders seems impossible to set up. Especially the fact that -to move the puppet's arms- you naturally make a torsion/twisting movement to make an inside or outside hinge movement with your elbow. Is there a way to let Character Animator detect that twist movement? Maybe with a dedicated colored shirt or some kind of stickers on the arms? Without the right movement detection I'm afraid it wil always look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. support for EpocCam on PC, win10

support for EpocCam on PC, win10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video doesn't work.

Good thing this was a free trial cause I knew it was garbage in 5 minutes.

My webcam works with all other adobe products, works with zoom, works with google meet - in fact this is the first software I have found that it doesn't work with... yet the app has no problem turning the cam on. Just a blank camera with a cross through it appears in settings.

Tried looking up the issue and the number one recommendation is "get a different (usb) webcam" as if I am going out to purchase a webcam just because adobe doesn't know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Eyeglass facial tracking workaround guide

A guide to how you can minimize errors and employ workarounds for facial tracking problems associated with wearing glasses. These problems include random blinking of one eye, one or more eyes remaining shut, and one or more eyes looking in the wrong direction. Maybe a setting to lock eyes being synchronous that can be turned on/off. Maybe a timer for blinking that you can select instead of camera input. Maybe a way the video can take a still and then you confirm what is the eyelid, what is the pupil, and maybe confirm what are the glasses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom face/ body tracking

You label the parts on your puppet and then match with the face/body tracking by clicking on the corresponding area in the video feed or an image from the feed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a visible (grey) stopwatch to parameters that can be keyframed

Like in After Effects I think it would be beneficial to see at once which parameters can be animated via keyframes with grey stop watch icons that are visible all the time and not only with mouse over.

As Dave says in the tutorial video for key framing it is a bit of a “trial and error thing” – you want to make it easier for users as character animation is a lot of work already. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow CH to open and work on files saved on network drives

This is an extremely important function for teams to collaborate on CH. Every time we try to access a file located on a network drive we get the error message -

"Cannot open project << F: //ANIMA/.../Ch Data / repo.noindex / >> If it is on a server, copy it to a local disk and open it from from this location."

So currently we have to backup or copy file packages to and fro different local drives to be able to work off different computers, which is very cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multiple files open

Please make CA like all other apps and allow us to have more than one project open at a time. Often I need to compare two different files, esp. when troubleshooting rigging. It seems like a cludge to import a second puppet into my project just for this purpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjusting visemes

When manually adjusting visemes it only moves a frame at a time. If I want it to move less than a frame I have to cut it which slows the process down.

It would be helpful to be able to adjust a viseme more accurately than jumping to a frame at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base