Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cycle through swap set with one trigger

Can we just use the default swap set shortcut (first one in the list) and cycle through each swap set if others haven't been assigned. That would be a quick implementation right?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home button doesn't go home

When I press the home button CA closes. I reinstalled the program and still happens

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of Character Animator are you seeing this in? (The version number is on the right side of the menu bar.)

What OS (macOS or Windows) are you on, and what version of the OS are you using?

When you try to click the Home icon, does the underline under the icon not show up?

If you choose the Window > Workspace > Home menu command, does it switch to the Home screen?

Thanks.

3. Fixing the problem

No ridding and fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Import the Characters in Adobe Animate from Adobe Character Animator

I need to import the project I made in Adobe Character Animator to Adobe Animate, same we do in Adobe Ae and Pr

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Live edit-ability of photoshop file on iPad Pro via Mobile Photoshop App

Hi. Flipping love this program. Soooo much. A bunch.

Also, I love the mobile Photoshop app. It is my favorite way to create and edit the artwork for my puppets, backgrounds....etc.

My idea centers around, (what may be in fact, nothing more than ignorance) my perceived inability to edit/access the puppet photoshop file from my iPad Pro, in the way Character Animator natively uses the desktop Photoshop program(app? Am I supposed to call them all apps now? ****....).

I suppose what I'm looking to do is this: I'm editing/rigging a character in CA. I "edit original," and am given an…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Solo mode for "Puppet Track Behavior" Recording

Add a "solo record" Toggle to "Puppet Track Behavior" items.
    Just like the solo button from AE.

With something like that, the User can simply record few Behaviors instead of having to turn OFF every other Behavior doesn't need to be recorded.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename from timeline

Be able to change the name from the timeline.
    This is an easier way to see/change names rather than going back into RIG.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change colour of takes in Timeline

To be able to change colour of takes, the same as you can change colour of clips in PR

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add More Characters and Props to Adobe Fuse

Since I don't see a feedback area on the Adobe site for Adobe Fuse, I'm adding my Fuse feedback here. Characters created in Adobe Fuse could be a huge asset for my company, but unfortunately the library of characters is too limited to be of extensive use. I cast a HUGE vote for adding more characters, more clothing, and more props to Fuse. I would even pay extra for a Fuse+ type subscription.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3D Face Mapping

I've been using an iPhone app called "MugLife" to add animation to my drawings. I use a green background to isolate the head, then use a motion tracking app to pin the head onto my Character Animator animations in Final Cut Pro. It results in an extremely animated head that moves along with my animated puppet. It would be great to implement "MugLife"-type functionality into Character Animator directly to create these kind of beautifully animated full-motion heads. (Adding the ability to customize the teeth/mouth would be essential to create more polished characters.) I've attached a few sample heads to show…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. text

This would be nice to have like an easy thing, so you could make like thoughts bobbles over characters when they not going to talk, like things that are in comics sometimes when one character speaks and the other one thinks when the character speaks. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag triggers to timeline

I would be great if we could drag triggers from the control panel onto the time line instead of having to record each trigger, it gets time consuming when you have to turn off all other recordings just to add 1 trigger.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FPS drops during streaming

I used to be able to stream to Streamlabs obs at 60 fps no problem on previous versions of Character Animator but after the 3.0 updates it'll drop down to 10-12 fps when I turn on the stream option. I keep everything updated on my computer so I don't know that could be causing it to drop down in framerate. Even using the templates, the framerate drops.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to see the list of sounds that is supposed to be rocognized? I

Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to know if anyone have seen the list of sounds that is

supposed to be rocognized?

I think I have heard like 150 different sounds...

actually I am working with, Swedish, English, French and Spannish, so there aere defdenitively different ways to prounounce the letters....

Do I have to explain?

well. in english e is e and a is a and y is y and i is i

but then if I change to swedish....

the i is like the english e

and in spannish the a is like the english…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple mic input and camera

It would be good if you could use multiple mics and cameras within 1 scene, this would be handy if you are creating a talk style show with a generic guest, we could use the audio feed to run the lip sync of a generic guest character while we continue to run the lip sync of our character at the same time. This could be done by bringing in a skype call and allowing the guest to control the character remotely

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chainable independent objects

I love to be able to have an independent Hand connect to an independent forearm to an independent upper arm. etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock undocked Control Panels per puppet, so you can arm and edit multiple puppets

Sometimes its necessary to see how puppets interact. When you select and arm multiple puppets in the timeline there are no controls in the panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Label the replays (color and names) along with the triggers assigned to them.

It is kinda weird that the replays don't have the same name or color label.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base