Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Behavior Presets

One thing i do a lot is copying the behaviors from one rig to another.
    So i have to open the rig, select layer, copy behavior, open new rig, select layer and paste behavior every time i need to reutilize something.

What if we stored these behaviors as presets?

We could also have a way to point to them in photoshop, like naming a layer to something like:
    Layer 01 [preset: "Cycle One way + Pause"]

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Giving support to SWF files from Adobe Animate / Flash.

What if Character Animator had support to SWF files?

It could have all the pinning options and a toogle for Capturing keypresses from only the swf, or from only the CA interface or from both.

through AS3 codes, every limitation that CA has would disapear.

Adobe after effects already supports importing and distorting SWF files,
    but it can't read AS3 codes.

Please guys, this can allow us to do big things with CA.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate Rigging

If you have characters in similar size - choose to copy rigging elements from one character to another. Or have the ability to copy rigging elements onto a new character and make refinements if needed

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Parallax Improvements

I need to have more control over the parallax feature. As I've seen suggested multiple times here, the ultimate solution would be something like Joysticks and Sliders- the script for AE from aescripts.com. If that's not possible, I'd at least like control over X and Y strength. I really just want X movement, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control this.
    I'd also like the option of being able to drag the parallax around with the mouse rather than having to turn my head. In practice, physically turning your head to the side is pretty hard if…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mixamo Make it possible to download multiple animations at ones pls!

Mixamo Make it possible to download multiple animations at ones pls! it would be a huge time safer to download all animations for a character at ones. also a integration to blender would be cool

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add face-expressions in timeline-context-dropdown-menu (neutral, smile, surprised additional to visemes)

Request: please add mouth-expressions (neutral, smile, surprised) in context-dropdown-menu in the timeline(additional to visemes).
    If you select a single viseme in the timeline you can easily change it to another simply by right-click on int and select another (e. g. an M for an S, or silence) Thats great :)))
    I would like to have access to neutral, smile, surprised as well.
    Since there are in the puppet rig, too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability To Rearrange Behaviors In The Behaviors Panel

The current automatic behaviors arrangement inside the behaviors panel is messy. I want my own, personalized, order of behaviors in the behaviors panel.

Please vote for this. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. other animations besides walk and run cycles

It would be nice to have pre-made animations such as jumping, kicking, fighting movements, dancing among others.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AI will not load from Character Animator

So I am pressing Ctrl + E to bring up AI so I can edit my puppet but all that does is duplicate my puppet, It does not bring me to AI. Even if I were to click edit original the same thing happens.

This might be a bug issue. I've already tried uninstalling AI and CA and reinstalling but that didn't do anything. Please help.

Just to be clear, AI can open when I lauch it by itself, but it is not loading via Character Animator. Neither is photoshop. The edit original option just duplicates my puppet instead of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhanced Display of Rigging: show/hide tags, behaviors, by filter(e.g. handles w/tags)

I am constantly fighting with the rigging UX so many things that should be just simple and easy, are difficult. Compounded with the fact that tags often overlay pins it can be very frustrating.

1) Ability to turn on/off the display of tags/behaviors so that I can see only handles or sticks.
    I draw the rig in illustrator in a sepearate hierarchy so I can trace over it, manipulate it etc, and most importantly MIRROR it! much easier to do that way than manually trying to implement the sticks and handles in all the right places. I also color code…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. nested scenes: option to turn Sound on/off

I need the option to turn the Sound on/off when I have nested scenes in my timeline.
    Why not implementing a little sound-button next to the eye-button (visibilitiy)? Would be helpful :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. help us!

its new software for me, please put subtitles in Italian and other languages for the tutorial about adobe world

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the way it saves files.

make Character animator name and save files just exacly like all your other products.
    The system of "projects" that can not be closed is arbitrary, and confusing.
    I have to switch between 4 different adobe products in my current workflow.they should all work on a consistent fashion. I have lost files that I thought I had saved, but turns out, I've just unknowingly overwritten.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. n the "shy" option it would be nice to add colors, then you could group more items on the timeline as well. for example, red will reflect al

n the "shy" option it would be nice to add colors, then you could group more items on the timeline as well. for example, red will reflect all the options for a puppet, it will be very helpful!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic Rimlight / Shadow / Stroke

lightA.jpg is a visual example of what we can do with such tool.

The concept is having a Behavior or Layer Item

that is similar to the Mesh Expand property and visual contour (lightB.jpg yellow outline).

But, with it, you'll be able to:
    - Shrink the "Mesh Expand" to negative values
    - Move it vertically or horizontally
    - Chose a color for the inner and outer part of it
    - Chose the color mode (Normal/ multiply / color burn / etc)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. レイヤー名の自動タグ付けが機能しない

レイヤー名に「F S D」のように命名した場合
    一つのレイヤーに対して、「F S D」の全てのタグが自動で付けられるが
    「R」を混ぜた場合、「R」のみ上手くいかない

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow behaviours applied to empty groups

I use Photoshop "templates" to create multiple puppets that re-use the same pre-configured rigging structure.

My technique is to create a template puppet in Photoshop that is comprised only of layer groups. I can then tag the groups and apply behaviours as needed in order to "pre-rig" the entire template.

Then to create a puppet, I make a copy of the template and drag my artwork layers into the appropriate layer groups.

I can then import my "pre-rigged" template puppet, switch the artwork file to my new puppet and all the tags and behaviours are maintained.

However, the problem is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand all / Close All nodes in panel tree views (esp. Project and Puppet Panels)

In Panels such as the Project Panel and Puppet Panel, Character Animator organizes information via "tree" structure.

It allows a user to drill into detailed information by clicking the expand icon (right arrow while closed) or to hide the detailed information by clicking the same icon again (down arrow while open).

However, these operations only work on a single node in the tree, so it can be time consuming to achieve the desired view.

It would be useful to support a "Collapse All" command, perhaps via a right-click content menu. This would close all selected nodes, but also close all…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to remove all tags from a layer or group

It is often useful to un-tag a layer, or a number of selected layers, en-masse.

This is helpful when layer naming triggers auto-tagging in error, or if multiple tags have been applied by the user in error.

A simple right-click->"Clear All Tags" in the Puppet Panel would do the trick.

If a single layer is selected, clear all tags from that layer.

If multiple layers are selected, all tags should be removed from all selected layers.

If a group is selected, all layers and groups contained in the group should have their tags cleared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In Puppet Panel, show which layers have Tags

Character Animator currently has icon columns in the Puppet Panel that show if a layer has Handles, Behaviours or Triggers associated.

I would also like to see if a layer has Tags associated. I would suggest adding a fourth column to the Puppet Panel.

If the number of columns is a concern, you could give the user the ability to hide / show columns.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base