Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fixed size (without stretching, but with the ability to drag) Hands - brachium, antebrachium(Forearm) Foot -femur, crus.

I saw the option "OK hands", but still the character is stretched like an elastic band. I would like to give a parameter forbidding the bones to open: Hands - shoulder, front of the shoulder (forearm), foot - thigh, lower leg.

There were times when the elbow jumped when recording animations across the screen. (ate not put a point on the elbow)

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce the size of the trigger on the panel controls

I use a lot of triggers, but they all do not fit on the panel. their size is large. Please enter the option to reduce them as on the screen on the left side.

I also did not understand exactly how I can assign the "[" key as well as the numeric keypad, which is located on the right

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. move the "mouse wheel" timeline left and right

It would be nice to navigate the timeline with the wheel mouse (hold down the mouse wheel and move it left and right)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Viseme order when pasting into AE

The information available on how to do this is, at best, incomplete and at worst, wrong.

Referring to the page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-character-animator/using/export.html#LipSyncTakeexportforAfterEffects
    Step #2 says to create a comp with the visemes "matching the order of visemes in Character Animator’s Visemes context menu" and gives an example of the order being Neutral, Aa, D "and so on".
    The problem is that in Character Animator (current version 2.11) the viseme order in the context menu is different. See screenshot.

Just to complicate things, the layer order of the visemes in the default head PSD is different again.

So… which is the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline

select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline (ctrl + A - selects everything, but I need only those that
    below the scale pointer)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Being able to copy ALL parameters from one puppet and apply it to another

It would be great if you could copy and paste all rigging and other parameters from one puppet to another. Say you're creating minions, each slightly different looking from the others, but largely the same. Hours could be saved if you didn't have to rig each.

And if there were then a couple of issues that needed to be adjusted due to the unique properties of one (say he's only got one eye), that would still be much quicker.

Martin

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why only live feed?

Why only live feed?? Make also a footage option and not only live feed. The face track feature works great in AE, no reason not to have it in CA. It's all there, just let us have it!:)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to see the list of sounds that is supposed to be rocognized? I

Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to know if anyone have seen the list of sounds that is

supposed to be rocognized?

I think I have heard like 150 different sounds...

actually I am working with, Swedish, English, French and Spannish, so there aere defdenitively different ways to prounounce the letters....

Do I have to explain?

well. in english e is e and a is a and y is y and i is i

but then if I change to swedish....

the i is like the english e

and in spannish the a is like the english…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag triggers to timeline

I would be great if we could drag triggers from the control panel onto the time line instead of having to record each trigger, it gets time consuming when you have to turn off all other recordings just to add 1 trigger.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The dynamic link between CA and AE needs fixing

If the Dynamic link gets corrupted it makes you relink every scene when After Effects opens. But there's a big problem - the order of the scenes is NOT the order they appear in After effects, so you have no way of knowing which order to relink them in. This should be fixed. Please tell the user which scene After Effects is looking for in the Character Animator file when the Dynamic Link window is up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rename from timeline

Be able to change the name from the timeline.
    This is an easier way to see/change names rather than going back into RIG.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change colour of takes in Timeline

To be able to change colour of takes, the same as you can change colour of clips in PR

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide more diverse and professional examples

I am a professor of art with an MFA in animation specifically. I need to see more examples provided which reflect the competency in figure drawing we encourage students to aspire and practice. Currently, that is not reflected in the examples provided. Additionally, where diversity is portrayed, diversity includes age. By restricting your examples to those that depict generally teenagers and children, you send a message we in art programs in art schools and colleges let alone education and the motion picture industry are trying to change. Individuals and companies are judged by actions vs words. This is one area…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Solo mode for "Puppet Track Behavior" Recording

Add a "solo record" Toggle to "Puppet Track Behavior" items.
    Just like the solo button from AE.

With something like that, the User can simply record few Behaviors instead of having to turn OFF every other Behavior doesn't need to be recorded.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow keyframing using draggers

The workaround for keyframes (using the transform behavior) being used in draggers is good. The problem I run into is now both objects marked (like the elbows) are rotating using the transform tool (because ARM IK is set at the body level). Posing arms would be a lot easier with the ability to set keyframes for arms or wherever draggers are.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Preview resolution

I would be good if you could add a preview mode for animating in CH, so you can reduce the quality of the animation while animating to improve frame rate.

This is something that is done in After effects and think would work well in CH

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dont auto fill space when entering visemes

It is very counterproductive and takes up a lot of my time to fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base