Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frame by frame by arrow key!

Pleaseee

Make it like Premiere Pro! The arrow key is to move frame by frame through the timeline:(

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dragging the timeline horizontally by press spacebar

Adding a hand-tool (press spacebar, just like in AE) to drag the timeline horizontally. Thats a convenient way to navigate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project panel: folders should not open automatically when drag something onto it

I f you drag something onto a folder inside the Project panel the folder should not open automatically.
    (Only if you stay on the folder with the dragged object/cursor)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "satellite" app for iPad for Trigger-Buttons

Control via Midi-Controller ist great – but I dream of a small "satellite" app on my iPad for Trigger buttons as a remote control :)))
    So I could create my own little dashboard.
    Later you could add several Button "Skins" for different button-types, Styles, different functions, colors.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to change some menu shortcuts. For example ; Compute 2 Lip sync

I want to change some menu shortcuts.
    For example; I want to add a shortcut to Compute 2 Lip sync command

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Exporting Scene and Project for Archiving (including ONLY required files)

There are so many "Bad" takes, and when I delete a take the TAKE file is not removed. I can't delete the takes, because there is no east way I can find to determine if they are used or not.

For many reasons, it would be great to be able to export a Scene with all, but only, the assets that are required for that scene. PERFECT for archival purposes. Much like a puppet file, but a scene. Same goes for a project file! I don't want a copy of all the junk files that are no longer used. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to parent takes to each other so they move and scale together

When recording multiple takes that using (using face behaviour for example) it would be nice to have the ability to parent or group takes so they can be moved and scaled at the same time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make the anchor point visible

since you don't see the anchor point you have to guess where it is.
    Thats not so convenient.
    Please make the anchor point visible as long as you change the value in the properties panel.
    (Or even better than two x/y prameters: add a crosshair-cursor to place the anchor point with one click)
    tnx :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reduce the size of the trigger on the panel controls

I use a lot of triggers, but they all do not fit on the panel. their size is large. Please enter the option to reduce them as on the screen on the left side.

I also did not understand exactly how I can assign the "[" key as well as the numeric keypad, which is located on the right

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. move the "mouse wheel" timeline left and right

It would be nice to navigate the timeline with the wheel mouse (hold down the mouse wheel and move it left and right)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. On Screen Transformation

Would it be very helpful to directly move the puppet from the preview scene without having to do the old way of adjusting position, rotation, and scale from the transform control? Just like in After Effects, a mini version of Photoshop transform mode.

And moreover, I think it's better to have "Space" button work as navigator in Record mode just like in Rig mode, instead of as play button. Maybe "Shift + Space" can be used as the alternative of play button in Record mode.

And lastly, is it just me, or the navigation hand (space button held) sometimes not…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Viseme order when pasting into AE

The information available on how to do this is, at best, incomplete and at worst, wrong.

Referring to the page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-character-animator/using/export.html#LipSyncTakeexportforAfterEffects
    Step #2 says to create a comp with the visemes "matching the order of visemes in Character Animator’s Visemes context menu" and gives an example of the order being Neutral, Aa, D "and so on".
    The problem is that in Character Animator (current version 2.11) the viseme order in the context menu is different. See screenshot.

Just to complicate things, the layer order of the visemes in the default head PSD is different again.

So… which is the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rename from timeline

Be able to change the name from the timeline.
    This is an easier way to see/change names rather than going back into RIG.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline

select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline (ctrl + A - selects everything, but I need only those that
    below the scale pointer)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide more diverse and professional examples

I am a professor of art with an MFA in animation specifically. I need to see more examples provided which reflect the competency in figure drawing we encourage students to aspire and practice. Currently, that is not reflected in the examples provided. Additionally, where diversity is portrayed, diversity includes age. By restricting your examples to those that depict generally teenagers and children, you send a message we in art programs in art schools and colleges let alone education and the motion picture industry are trying to change. Individuals and companies are judged by actions vs words. This is one area…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@Lisa Rose, you’ll get no argument on the diversity front and keep an eye on the blog – https://theblog.adobe.com/creative-cloud/character-animator/ – as we add new puppets. You also can find some less age specific examples in our earlier shared puppets here: https://character.adobelanding.com/puppets/

In regard to the drawing styles, would you be kind enough to post a couple examples of the types of artwork that indicate the competency in figure drawing you’re describing? While we always strive to make people aware of how many styles can be brought into the app, it would help to have the particular perspective to discuss. Thanks!

17. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Home button doesn't go home

When I press the home button CA closes. I reinstalled the program and still happens

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What version of Character Animator are you seeing this in? (The version number is on the right side of the menu bar.)

What OS (macOS or Windows) are you on, and what version of the OS are you using?

When you try to click the Home icon, does the underline under the icon not show up?

If you choose the Window > Workspace > Home menu command, does it switch to the Home screen?

Thanks.

19. Live edit-ability of photoshop file on iPad Pro via Mobile Photoshop App

Hi. Flipping love this program. Soooo much. A bunch.

Also, I love the mobile Photoshop app. It is my favorite way to create and edit the artwork for my puppets, backgrounds....etc.

My idea centers around, (what may be in fact, nothing more than ignorance) my perceived inability to edit/access the puppet photoshop file from my iPad Pro, in the way Character Animator natively uses the desktop Photoshop program(app? Am I supposed to call them all apps now? ****....).

I suppose what I'm looking to do is this: I'm editing/rigging a character in CA. I "edit original," and am given an…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change colour of takes in Timeline

To be able to change colour of takes, the same as you can change colour of clips in PR

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base