Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview resolution

I would be good if you could add a preview mode for animating in CH, so you can reduce the quality of the animation while animating to improve frame rate.

This is something that is done in After effects and think would work well in CH

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag triggers to timeline

I would be great if we could drag triggers from the control panel onto the time line instead of having to record each trigger, it gets time consuming when you have to turn off all other recordings just to add 1 trigger.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import triggers from other puppets

I was thinking a great and time-saving feature would be an option to import triggers from other puppets. Kind of like Tull has a set controls list, it would be great to say import Outstretched, or import a set of triggers to a puppet in development. Something like Import->Triggers and then the.puppet folder opens and you select which puppet you want to import the triggers from.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Audio Hardware

Switching monitors and auddio devices on a mac and pc causes a ton of these pop up boxes. Even when I select do not show again, I'm stuck having to close 10+ of these every time using Character Animator. I switch screens, audio devices (headphones to monitor) etc... a lot, so these add up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Bug] Edit visemes with .ai puppets

I noticed that I can edit visemes with a .psd import but not Illustrator artwork

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable Features to Improve CPU Performance

When not in use, I want to disable profiles (e.g., left, right, etc.) in hopes of improving CPU performance. My puppet is large and somewhat complex. If CH cannot support complexity, then I would like an option to disable some profiles/features to improve the CPU performance while recording and livestreaming on a 2015 MBP. Currently,

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Help with Adobe Character Animation

Hi,

I'm working in Character Animation and I cannot get into Photoshop with my puppet even though I have the program open,

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Victoria

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have photoshop and Character Animator installed on your computer, selecting your puppet in the Project panel or even in your timeline and pressing Command E (Mac) or Control E (PC) on your keyboard, will open the puppet in Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on which program it was created in. Does that solve your issue?

8. Fix freeze on Mac os Mojave

There is an issue with the latest version of character freezing when it shows the record section. I have the previous version installed now and it doesn't suffer with the fault.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What version of Mojave are you on? There were some issues with the very first release that were resolved by users updating to 10.14.1 or higher. Let us know if you continue to have issues.

9. Character Animator live streaming mojave issues

After upgrading to Mojave MacOS, we are having significant performance issues with our existing CA live-streaming setups. Our setup is this:

CA 2018 or 2019 (720 project, 20fps) -> Wirecast or OBS (via NDI or Syphon, tried both) -> RTMP (1.5mbps 30fps 540p) to our servers

When running some of our triggered animations of our puppets, the FPS out of CA drops to single digits, and seems to combat Wirecast or OBS, which in turn drops dozens/hundreds frames on Wirecast or OBS. This did not happen in previous versions of MacOS, and we have taken the same project files/config and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New “loop forever” replay mode

The new Replays feature is cool, but it is missing a “loop forever” mode. I want to hit a trigger (e.g. latched) and have the sequence play forever until the trigger is hit again. At present a replay plays once and stops and you have to trigger it again to get it to repeat, even when trigger latching is on.

I assume a third replay mode of “loop forever while triggered” is wanted as a trigger mode.

The usecase is an “idle” state for the puppet. You can record an idle state (fidgeting etc) and and some other states (“frustrated”,…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use recorded video files as animation source

I want to use talent in a studio to record voices and basic character movements for our workflow. We already have proper sound isolation for this, but not in front of computers. Therefore, it would be great to be able to use proper green-screened, high-fidelity audio recordings, as an input into Character Animator. Webcam input only cripples quality.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As a workaround for importing video to animate against, you can import a PNG or JPG sequence (File → Import Cycle…) and use the Cycle Layers option for Start = Synced to timeline. This is new in version 2.1 released in April 2019.

13. Bug: Windows move, when switching from rig mode to record mode

I work with two screens and put my timeline on one, the rest on the other. When I switch to rig mode and switch back, the timeline has changed to a small spot inside the big grey window. When I change the width it comes back. I work with Windows 10.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Connecting face triggers to other elements - or - Creating emotion sets

The problem i'm having right now with creating different emotion sets (sad, confused, happy etc.) is that it's something very basic and important, yet time consuming and complicated to do on a live performance.

my idea is:
    if we could somehow for example, connect between the "smile" behavior that the camera tracks from the face, and connect it to other elements created for a smile set like eyebrows, eyes, cheeks etc. which will be triggered automatically.

if you make a sad/smile/surprised face, the camera detects it and automatically triggers sad eyes, eyebrows, maybe even body poses!

basic emotions that are…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smoother animations.

You could add more functionalities for smoothing animations, for example mouth animations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New behavior: kneel

Hello, it would be great if there was a knee flexion for the puppets in the behavior. Then she could squat down and pick something up from the ground. This behavior should then start from a trigger so that the "go" behavior can be interrupted. I hope I explained that understandably :)
    Best regards
    Gabi

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Walking triggered by keyboard

Hello, if you could wipe out the "walking" through the keyboard, you could use multiple gaits for a puppet. She could then walk normally, walk or walk very slowly. For streaming, it would be easier to give the character more dynamic.
    Best regards
    Gabi

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Global setting to control resolution etc to speed up performance

While editing and streaming, performance is very important. For people with lower powered computers, things can become sluggish. It would be great to have a global setting that adjusted settings like resolution of images created (if that speed things up), mesh density (if that speeds things up), and so forth. Then while editing/streaming, the setting can be cranked back to what the computer supports. When doing a media export, the setting can be set back to full resolution where it does not have to be real-time display. (Just go grab a coffee for the final render.) But the setting should…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Concept one to motion

If you can record full face movements, why not record full body motion like motion capture with no need to push buttons to walk , run or jump?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I found a bug when you switch PC's

When I Switched PC's and Switched my Ip's I was able to register charecter animator for a second trial when I already used my trial before.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base