Enhanced Display of Rigging: show/hide tags, behaviors, by filter(e.g. handles w/tags)
I am constantly fighting with the rigging UX so many things that should be just simple and easy, are difficult. Compounded with the fact that tags often overlay pins it can be very frustrating.
1) Ability to turn on/off the display of tags/behaviors so that I can see only handles or sticks.
I draw the rig in illustrator in a sepearate hierarchy so I can trace over it, manipulate it etc, and most importantly MIRROR it! much easier to do that way than manually trying to implement the sticks and handles in all the right places. I also color code handles that I want draggable, or ones that represent layer origins.
2) Ability to turn off everything except for sticks/handles that have a particular tag:
e.g. "draggable" (or "keyable" would be amazing) why? because in order to NAME the handles you have to walk through the outline. But if you select all layers, you can see all of the rigging. if you could then have it show ONLY the rigging you will need to be renaming it's much easier.
3) Ability to GHOST the puppet and emphasize the rig as well as PREVENT selecting anything but RIG!
4) This is critical... PLEASE give us box selection of the rigging!
5) Ability to filter layer display by layers that include specific behaviors
6) DISPLAY THE BEHAVIORS ON-SCREEN (maybe as part of the blue-layer box)
7) PLEASE fix sticks so they can be adjusted - just give us draggable end-points (current functionality - if stick is 1px too long, sorry redraw it then retag it, etc bad)
I don't have time to seperate these ideas into separate comments unless they will actually all be seen. I feel like these are all VERY basic features that would make rigging life much better (in addition to the many other requests for copy/paste/scale/mirroring which I'm still shocked aren't included)
To create my template visual rig in illustrator I was not able to see the behaviors. I also had to do in bits and pieces because zoomed out the tag labels cover sometimes much of the rigging or other tags/labels. so I had to zoom in. whereas all I wanted to do was a full view puppet, where I sequentially select the layers with handles. Then once I'd have my handles and sticks drawn I could then zoom in and transcribe the behaviors/tags.
 a few more
8) How about ability to name handles from the timeline's outline!
9) ability to right click on a handle in the timeline and have it highlight the layer that the handle is on!
10) selection of handle() by clicking the word handle should SELECT the handle in the puppet window
11) a zoom-to-fit selected (mostly pertaining to handles/sticks, but could apply to layers as well.
Several good suggestions here! Thanks.
For #5, you should be able to do this now by typing the name of the behavior in the Puppet panel's search text field.