I want to create Scripts to Character Animator, is it possible?
Where is SDK documentation? CEP PANELS? JSX add-ons?
Still interested in your thoughts on Dan’s comment below:
“Out of curiosity, what kinds of scripts do you want to add? We’ve considered various sorts of SDK support, but feedback on what ways you want to extend the app would help us decide on how to prioritize those efforts.”
Dune Thomas commented
Any updates on this? I've done extensive scripting of Adobe apps and would love to do some things with Adobe Character Animator. Some examples include:
* importing artwork from photoshop and automating the building of layers
* being able to send outbound MIDI messages or at least get the values of various behavior properties. Why? Because I currently use a MIDI board to control puppets and can see benefits from using a motorized slider/knob board that can sync with those values.
* I can build out more sophisticated and custom logic for how joints and arms work.
* I can use logic to determine which layers are shown and better control things like arms in front of or behind the head or body.
* Ability to script turning on or off the physics engine at certain points in the timeline, or when certain properties (such as a character's X/Y Position Transform values hit a certain point) etc
I'm begging you! There's so many great things I could do with this software if I could have access to it via an Extendscript API!
Rubens Nobre commented
Hey Mauro Junior.
Are you Brazilian?
please send me an email: email@example.com
Mauro Junior commented
Scripts would help me automating repetitive tasks by letting me call custom functions from photoshop's layer name.
I would name a layer something like:
Layer 3 [animatorScripts] addBehaviorPreset("Layer Cycles Once + Pause at end"), addDangle(30,30), applyToTrigger("Smiling") [/animatorScripts]
Then, i would run some regex functions to search these parameters on the layer's name
and run other custom functions with the help of eval, JSON or whatever.
Rubens Nobre commented
Hi Sirr Less,
We are almost ready to launch a revolutionary extension for PPro and AE that can expand to Character Animator in the near future, unfortunately our projects are confidential, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can explain some of the ideas privately .
Dan Tull commented
Out of curiosity, what kinds of scripts do you want to add? We've considered various sorts of SDK support, but feedback on what ways you want to extend the app would help us decide on how to prioritize those efforts.