Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arm Movements changing on re-open

Ever since 2020 came out each time I reopen Character Animator all of my Arm movements are completely off. I can post a video for a better example. but the arms get turned around and down. almost like everything was flipped upon re-entry.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you hold down the Alt/Option key while clicking the Refresh Scene button (in the lower-right corner of the Scene panel), does it make any difference?

If not, can you send us a shared link to your project so that we can diagnose the issue? To do this:
    1. Choose File > Reveal Project in Finder/Explorer.
    2. Quit Character Animator.
    3. In the Finder/Explorer window that was opened, archive the project folder (the one that contains the .chproj file, and Ch Data and Ch Media subfolders) to a .zip file. Don’t just send us the .chproj file.
    4. Send us a direct e-mail with a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to the .zip file.

Thanks.

2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When the application cannot locate the artwork for a puppet file, you can select the puppet in the Project panel, then click the orange file path in the Properties panel to select the correct/updated location for it.

Thanks for the feedback on making the process of relinking a little more understandable.

Or are you encountering a different relinking issue?

3. Bug: Waiting for camera forever on mac mojave

On Mojave (10.14.3), the camera doesn't work: It is "Waiting for camera" forever. The green light next to the camera comes on, but CA stays waiting. I've tried all the ideas found in google searches:
    - I can't change to the next camera (there's only 1).
    - I have given permission to the camera, and even rebooted after.
    - The mic works fine.
    - The camera works in other apps, e.g. Chrome (which also has permission, I just didn't include that in the screenshot).

Version2.0.1 (Build 8)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. richg click on scene and duplicate it :P --- it would be a big feature

sometimes we need compare 2 scenes with some changes, this feature would be ideal for this

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a higher quality "compute lip sync from scene audio"

Please create a setting(s) for creating a more accurate "lip sync from scene audio". Maybe leave the current way it's done for people who want it done with the current quality/time, but allow people to choose a much higher quality setting (and let the software run for 10x the current time if necessary). I currently spend many hours fixing the visemes for my dialogue (at least 30 hours for a 30 minute animation). There isn't one string of dialogue that I don't have to fix.

Is this possible?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG Report: GL Error

Hi,

I am experiencing a GL error when I try to run Character Animator and haven't managed to run it successfully yet. I have attached screenshots to give you more information

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dragger's return to rest is acting strange since 2.0 update

since the 2.0 update Ive been having a weird bug with dragger arms attached by hinges and how to interact when set to return to rest.

Before the update, they would return to the default position that was set in the Photoshop file. But after the update, the arm straightens out facing in the direction that the dragger has been moved in and after the duration set under return to rest it will immediately snap back to the default position.

This does not only happen on my original puppets but it also happens on the stock puppets as well (I…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report

This is a bug report. I'm working in Character Animator but cannot get my puppet into Photoshop to Edit even though I have the program open. I've followed instructions to use either control E or Edit Original in the Edit icon but nothing happening. Could you advise any further action.
    Many thanks,
    Victoria

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Help with Adobe Character Animation

Hi,

I'm working in Character Animation and I cannot get into Photoshop with my puppet even though I have the program open,

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Victoria

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have photoshop and Character Animator installed on your computer, selecting your puppet in the Project panel or even in your timeline and pressing Command E (Mac) or Control E (PC) on your keyboard, will open the puppet in Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on which program it was created in. Does that solve your issue?

10. OpenGL invalid operationa

after you open the project, " OpenGL invalid operation. "I get the error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What is the software that’s rendering the information in the upper-left corner of the Scene panel? Is this from the GeForce Experience software’s overlay functionality?

Can you try disabling that software that’s showing frame rate and other info in OpenGL views to see if that helps? Character Animator uses OpenGL to render content in the Scene and Puppet panels.

Thanks.

11. Character Animator live streaming mojave issues

After upgrading to Mojave MacOS, we are having significant performance issues with our existing CA live-streaming setups. Our setup is this:

CA 2018 or 2019 (720 project, 20fps) -> Wirecast or OBS (via NDI or Syphon, tried both) -> RTMP (1.5mbps 30fps 540p) to our servers

When running some of our triggered animations of our puppets, the FPS out of CA drops to single digits, and seems to combat Wirecast or OBS, which in turn drops dozens/hundreds frames on Wirecast or OBS. This did not happen in previous versions of MacOS, and we have taken the same project files/config and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Character Animator Crashes When "RIG" Window is Selected

It would be great if this issue can be resolved soon, I can prep and record just fine, but when i try to re-rig the bones, it crashed before the skeleton loads up

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you on macOS or Windows? And what version of the OS are you on?

If you’re on macOS, does the Adobe Crash Reporter window appear after the app crashes? If so, please provide some details in the report, such as the URL for this bug report, so that we can correlate it with this report.

If you’re on Windows, do you have an NVIDIA GeForce GPU? If so, and you recently updated the graphics/display driver to a newer version, please try an older version as we have heard of reports that newer GeForce drivers might be causing an issue.

Also, is your artwork Photoshop or Illustrator?

Thanks.

13. Multiple characters in a scene

It would be awesome if adobe adds a feature to support multiple character animation and rig in one scene

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Dynamic Link to AE

Whenever I update audio file in CA for lip sync, it works fine but AE won't see the new changes, still plays to previous file that was imported into AE. Very annoying.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade

Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade. It was working fine before upgrade, but as soon as I upgraded, it no longer works.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Does this occur even if you create a new scene with Sticky by choosing it from the Start workspace?

Is the Scene or Timeline panel focused when you’re pressing the Left/Right Arrow keys?

Which version of macOS or Windows are you on?

Also, if adjusting the Walk Strength to around 80% works, it might’ve been due to a change in 2.1 for existing projects that have Walk in it. Importing the Sticky example puppet fresh in 2.1 probably doesn’t have this issue.

Thanks.

17. I am getting an error when I import the free puppet Tull.

I am getting an error when I import the free puppet Tull. I have the latest version of Character animator but I am getting an error code.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this issue occur if you import the Tull.puppet file into a new project, or just an existing project?

Does the puppet show up in the Project panel after dismissing the error message?

Another thing to try:
    1. Quit Character Animator, then wait ~10 seconds.
    2. Relaunch Character Animator and immediately hold down the Shift key while it’s launching. This prevents any scenes/puppets from opening in their respective panels.
    3. Try importing Tull.puppet again.

Please let us know if that workaround works for you. Thanks.

18. rigging several characters in one scene

in adobe CH You can put as many characters into a scene as you want, but there's no current way to control 2 heads/voices with one webcam.
    it would be awesome to put that feature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If the puppet tracks are armed (red record button for the track is enabled), then all of those puppet tracks will respond to the webcam and microphone at the same time. You can select multiple puppet track Arm for Record buttons by Shift-clicking them (or Command-click on macOS, Ctrl-click on Windows).

Can you tell us if you are trying to control 2 characters simultaneously with 2 performers? If you want to do that, you can do it by running 2 instances of Ch and bringing both sources into a program like OBS.

19. Bug report, I cannot pin my characters to the ground.

Bug report. My characters will not pin to the ground and I cannot find a solution, I've been stuck for days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you have Fixed-tagged handles (e.g., created with the Pin tool) on the mesh that the legs/feet are on? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the puppet’s structure (layers list with the group that contains the Fixed handles selected) in the Puppet panel?

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm, does the menu bar say “Version 2.0” or “Version 2.0.1”?

If it says “Version 1.1”, “Version 1.1.1”, or “Version 1.5”, what is your OS version? Here are the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html

If it says “Version 1.0.6” or earlier, you are using the Beta or Preview version of Character Animator. There is a separate “Character Animator CC” entry in the Creative Cloud application to install, separate from “Character Animator CC (Beta)”.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base