Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fluid 360 head and body turns on y-axis

Hi

I am still learning, so I apologise in advance if this is already possible.
    Is there a way to create more fluid head and body turns, a bit like what can be achieved using https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/?
    Currently the solution seems to be to make more layers in Photoshop/Illustrator in-between similar to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8_R6kRgj8 This is as far as I have gotten https://sagesoftware.box.com/s/jsqxyuvp2n6cm3mnd5dl92u5ymq0nrpx

Is it also possible to do a full 360 rotation of body on Y-axis? I assume there will also need to be rigging layer flips/re-ordering to achieve this?

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import the Characters in Adobe Animate from Adobe Character Animator

I need to import the project I made in Adobe Character Animator to Adobe Animate, same we do in Adobe Ae and Pr

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. text

This would be nice to have like an easy thing, so you could make like thoughts bobbles over characters when they not going to talk, like things that are in comics sometimes when one character speaks and the other one thinks when the character speaks. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. IK legs that allow you to move the legs without moving the rest of the body

Right now I tried to put an IK arm set up on the legs. It somewhat works, but if I rotate my head the whole body moves. To prevent it, I have to move the foot dragger and set it to stay wherever I move it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Descending Stairs Bug

there is a big bug for Descending Stairs Animations! please Fix it
    i think its because of foot IK
    (Mixamo.com)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a take track without having to record.

When I'm working with some of my more swap set based puppets it is so unwieldy to have to hit record and twiddle all the sets just to get editable tracks in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. attach character to ground

How can I fix my character to the ground? ,I've tried all all manner of pinning, sticking, adding fixed tags, changing layout and all I need is to get this guy to stop floating so I can start my actual project, the fact that this is the default int his program is very frustrating. Namely when his head tilts, everything below his neck swings the other way like a windsock.I've attached images of where my rig is at right now, any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The dynamic link between CA and AE needs fixing

If the Dynamic link gets corrupted it makes you relink every scene when After Effects opens. But there's a big problem - the order of the scenes is NOT the order they appear in After effects, so you have no way of knowing which order to relink them in. This should be fixed. Please tell the user which scene After Effects is looking for in the Character Animator file when the Dynamic Link window is up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Beard Recognition

I've noticed quite a few problems using the camera with a full (and dark color) beard. This causes two problems.

First, the software seems to confuse my mouth and my beard hair.

Second, the software can't recognize the bottom of my chin. This makes sense, but it keeps jumping from the bottom of my mouth to the bottom of the beard. This tricks the software into thinking that I'm rapidly moving towards and away from the camera. This could be fixed by using eye and nose tracking to triangulate the position and calculate the scale of the face in relation…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rigging and animating less complicated, please!

Rigging is much too complicated. I'd like to have handle bars or slider in order to move the marionette, I'd like to fix the head on the neck and to have the neck squeezing while the head stays in it's form, I'd like to hang arms to the body like in AE, I'd like to animate walk cycles instead of capturing something by the camera, I'd like to squash and sqeeze by mouse.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let the User input Numeric Values inside Sliders from the "Controls" Panel

Sometimes the User needs to input specific numeric values on Position X or any other property driven by Sliders.

It would be nice if he was allowed to do this by double clicking the Slider, or through a text box that also shows the current value from the slider.

When dealing with Grouped Sliders,
    the values could vary from 0% to 100%.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add "Carroussel" shortcuts to Swap Sets.

Let's say the User wants to mix different animations for eyes, mouths, noses, etc...
    36 shortcuts wouldn't be enough to a task like this. And not everyone has access to a MIDI controller....

What about adding shortcuts to cycle through the replays/triggers/items from a Swap Set?
    It would work like the "Layer Picker", but on Steroids!

The user could customize the "Carroussel" shortcuts, like:

. [A] for previous Replay or Layer.
    . [D] for Next Replay.
    . [S] to Activate the selected Replay / Or have an option to Auto Trigger the current Replay.

The Controls Panel would let the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow user to break the "Head Position Strength" Property from the "Camera Input" Behavior into "Horizontal & Vertical" Strength properties

This would let the user fully customize and improve advanced headturns (made through stacking multiple Face Behaviors).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scene resize resolution

I would be good to make it possible to resize the resolution of the scene and have all elements (puppets and backgrounds) resize to match.

Currently if you change the resolution, you then have to resize each element individually, if you have a lot in a scene this can be time consuming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Optimize CH to work better with Illustrator

The older versions of CH as well as the latest version of CH still has issues with puppets created in AI. I tested the Chloe (AI) puppet in the latest version of CH and the performance is awful. I'm getting about 4.5 FPS. I tested the Red Monster (PS) in the same version of CH and it worked fine. Is there anyway to optimize CH to work better with puppets created in AI.

Laptop Specs: Dell XPS 9560 2018, 16 GB RAM, I7, 512SSD, NVIDIA GE 1050

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. IMPROVE TIMELINE RULER UNIT OPTIONS

I've been trying to sync an animated drummer with prerecorded drums but I can't line up my triggers with the sound waves even 60 fps making the animated drummer completely out of sync with the music. there has to be a way to slide items on a timeline without snapping directly to the beginning or end of a frame. I understand that 60fps is fast enough for visual satisfaction but in an animation project heavily based on music i would love for the animation and musical actions to occur simultaneously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base