Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [BUG] puppet walks off screen

Hello there,

if I change the timeline, the puppet will be lost.

Could you please solve this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19-nbBMItjpKVtPmi9pZnB5sX75VzQJFg

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Dennis

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the default be the last thing you did, rather than the pre-set default

Please change the default setting to what you did previously, rather than some pre-determined default. It is so irritating to constantly have to go back, un check the red buttons, etc.

For instance, in recording a walk behavior, you have to go back to the beginning, so your characters are in the correct place, then you have to make sure to fix the body speed so that they actually record. If you want to record it over again, you AGAIN have to go back re-do the body speed.

There should be a default to what you just did and then…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hand puppet (Muppet) input

After Effects and premiere have VR display preview. But what about putting those hand trackers (oculus touch, vive wand) to good use? They have analog triggers, buttons and joysticks plus 3D positional and rotational tracking. I can't help but think that all of that real time data could be used in a more traditional pupeteering way.

You don't really need the output to be in VR or even 3D. Just use the input controlers as is like how Henson and co used for their Muppets.

Would probably easier as input for some of us than the webcam setups

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When in the scene timeline mode, add a quick shortcut for dragging on empty space: Right mouse button

As far as I can see I can't find the option to make a shortcut for just dragging around the timeline (similar to the hand/drag tool in Premiere); I saw the "M" thing, but it doesn't seem to be that responsive. It would be sweet if you could right click on an empty space in your scene timeline and that would just drag the entire timeline. Adversely, it could be ctrl+ click, or alt+ click. Just the option would be nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. need parallax effect for mouth too

CH only have parallax effect for eyes and nose. wish to have it for mouth too.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Choose anti-aliasing options

I want to be able to link dynamically with after effects, but the linked animation has blurry edges and not hard pixels that I need.

For instance part of the aesthetic is that my animations are low resolution, with pixilated edges. I cannot use character animator unless there is an option to export or link using a "draft" quality, such as in AE. Please give us a hard pixel export option (no anti aliasing)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the 'Duration' of scene display exact duration instead of rounded value

The "Duration" property of a scene rounds floating point numbers to the nearest integer. So a value of 1.5 is displayed as 2. But when you click in the field to edit, it jumps back to 1.5. The request is to make the displayed value be the exact value rather than a rounded value. (

This is particularly made worse when a recording gets extended by a few frames. The scene length can be extended without you even realizing. (Should be a quick change.)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting

Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting. Soemthing that feels less paper cut. Maybe allow us to mix our real eyes in with cartoon features. I know this is a big ask, but character animator is a bit underwhelming when you see the possibilities in something like Snapchat face filters (lenses)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Estimating what new handle will affect

It would be nice to see some sort of an area of effect when it comes to putting new handles on the puppet. For example, we can take the "blank" puppet and put handle for breathing behavior Right in the middle of "Ch" logo; the puppet will breathe with the chest. But if we move it slightly below "Ch", it will breathe with the belly. It would be nice to see some sort of visibility that would be affected when putting a trigger or adding behavior. Right now the only way is to jump back and forth until it works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto Rig

Auto rig feature where it detects and compiles the rigging for you (option to make minor adjustments)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set custom duration for manual take record

Situation: I want to create exact poses. After that, I blend them together.

Problem: The manual take commands are either too short (so I have to zoom in to expand them so I can add a blend) or too long and I can't see the start and end of the take.

Solution: Let us set a custom length for manual takes. (For instance 2 seconds)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Encoding time with AI background puppet

We imported a 3840x2160 AI file to use as a background in Ch. We had it scaled to 50% to fill the 1920x1080 video we wanted to create. The preview in Ch worked great, but when the Ch was pulled into AE it took forever to preview. It was just a 1 minute video, but when attempting to use Media Encoder to produce a video, it was going to take close to 4 whether coming from AE or directly from Ch. We knew that was too long, so we investigated. We removed the AI background from Ch and imported the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IK legs that allow you to move the legs without moving the rest of the body

Right now I tried to put an IK arm set up on the legs. It somewhat works, but if I rotate my head the whole body moves. To prevent it, I have to move the foot dragger and set it to stay wherever I move it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Descending Stairs Bug

there is a big bug for Descending Stairs Animations! please Fix it
    i think its because of foot IK
    (Mixamo.com)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. attach character to ground

How can I fix my character to the ground? ,I've tried all all manner of pinning, sticking, adding fixed tags, changing layout and all I need is to get this guy to stop floating so I can start my actual project, the fact that this is the default int his program is very frustrating. Namely when his head tilts, everything below his neck swings the other way like a windsock.I've attached images of where my rig is at right now, any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rename from timeline

Be able to change the name from the timeline.
    This is an easier way to see/change names rather than going back into RIG.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base