Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When in the scene timeline mode, add a quick shortcut for dragging on empty space: Right mouse button

As far as I can see I can't find the option to make a shortcut for just dragging around the timeline (similar to the hand/drag tool in Premiere); I saw the "M" thing, but it doesn't seem to be that responsive. It would be sweet if you could right click on an empty space in your scene timeline and that would just drag the entire timeline. Adversely, it could be ctrl+ click, or alt+ click. Just the option would be nice.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. need parallax effect for mouth too

CH only have parallax effect for eyes and nose. wish to have it for mouth too.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose anti-aliasing options

I want to be able to link dynamically with after effects, but the linked animation has blurry edges and not hard pixels that I need.

For instance part of the aesthetic is that my animations are low resolution, with pixilated edges. I cannot use character animator unless there is an option to export or link using a "draft" quality, such as in AE. Please give us a hard pixel export option (no anti aliasing)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the 'Duration' of scene display exact duration instead of rounded value

The "Duration" property of a scene rounds floating point numbers to the nearest integer. So a value of 1.5 is displayed as 2. But when you click in the field to edit, it jumps back to 1.5. The request is to make the displayed value be the exact value rather than a rounded value. (

This is particularly made worse when a recording gets extended by a few frames. The scene length can be extended without you even realizing. (Should be a quick change.)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting

Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting. Soemthing that feels less paper cut. Maybe allow us to mix our real eyes in with cartoon features. I know this is a big ask, but character animator is a bit underwhelming when you see the possibilities in something like Snapchat face filters (lenses)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I cannot use live action animation, because I'm too disabled.

I cannot use live action animation, because I'm too disabled.

However, I would like to develop a character to represent me and read my post. I know I can bring in an audio file, but can I then animate the face, rather that just a fixed face with just the mouth moving? Hope this makes sense?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scene resize resolution

I would be good to make it possible to resize the resolution of the scene and have all elements (puppets and backgrounds) resize to match.

Currently if you change the resolution, you then have to resize each element individually, if you have a lot in a scene this can be time consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When the application cannot locate the artwork for a puppet file, you can select the puppet in the Project panel, then click the orange file path in the Properties panel to select the correct/updated location for it.

Thanks for the feedback on making the process of relinking a little more understandable.

Or are you encountering a different relinking issue?

11. Optimize CH to work better with Illustrator

The older versions of CH as well as the latest version of CH still has issues with puppets created in AI. I tested the Chloe (AI) puppet in the latest version of CH and the performance is awful. I'm getting about 4.5 FPS. I tested the Red Monster (PS) in the same version of CH and it worked fine. Is there anyway to optimize CH to work better with puppets created in AI.

Laptop Specs: Dell XPS 9560 2018, 16 GB RAM, I7, 512SSD, NVIDIA GE 1050

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IMPROVE TIMELINE RULER UNIT OPTIONS

I've been trying to sync an animated drummer with prerecorded drums but I can't line up my triggers with the sound waves even 60 fps making the animated drummer completely out of sync with the music. there has to be a way to slide items on a timeline without snapping directly to the beginning or end of a frame. I understand that 60fps is fast enough for visual satisfaction but in an animation project heavily based on music i would love for the animation and musical actions to occur simultaneously.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Physics responds in random way, so it is impossible to record ball play

Physics responds in random way, so it is impossible to record ball play, because the ball work different every time you export. So maybe internal record (like life performance) would solve this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG Report: GL Error

Hi,

I am experiencing a GL error when I try to run Character Animator and haven't managed to run it successfully yet. I have attached screenshots to give you more information

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Character Animator Crashes When "RIG" Window is Selected

It would be great if this issue can be resolved soon, I can prep and record just fine, but when i try to re-rig the bones, it crashed before the skeleton loads up

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you on macOS or Windows? And what version of the OS are you on?

If you’re on macOS, does the Adobe Crash Reporter window appear after the app crashes? If so, please provide some details in the report, such as the URL for this bug report, so that we can correlate it with this report.

If you’re on Windows, do you have an NVIDIA GeForce GPU? If so, and you recently updated the graphics/display driver to a newer version, please try an older version as we have heard of reports that newer GeForce drivers might be causing an issue.

Also, is your artwork Photoshop or Illustrator?

Thanks.

16. clipping masks from illustrator files

Does Ch support clipping masks that have already been created inside of Adobe Illustrator or do you have to recreate them inside Ch?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple characters in a scene

It would be awesome if adobe adds a feature to support multiple character animation and rig in one scene

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Windows move, when switching from rig mode to record mode

I work with two screens and put my timeline on one, the rest on the other. When I switch to rig mode and switch back, the timeline has changed to a small spot inside the big grey window. When I change the width it comes back. I work with Windows 10.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Behavior Strength Percentage

An overall "Strength" parameter for behaviors. I have some eyebrows that are going to high in my position take. Just take the behavior strength down to compensate.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Replays to be Unaffected by Independence Changes

While adjusting settings in my newest puppet I discovered that replays are affected by the dependence/independence settings of the puppet.

For example, the replays of my puppet were recorded while the torso was set as independent. Once I changed the torso to dependent, the replays became erratic and the arm positions were completely messed up. Almost all of the replays need to re-recorded. Adjusting other settings like the attach style and dependence/independence of other groups did not resolve the issue.

Please:
    1. Include this in the documentation and info about Character Animator. The current details imply that replays are "set…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base