Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fluid 360 head and body turns on y-axis

Hi

I am still learning, so I apologise in advance if this is already possible.
    Is there a way to create more fluid head and body turns, a bit like what can be achieved using https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/?
    Currently the solution seems to be to make more layers in Photoshop/Illustrator in-between similar to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8_R6kRgj8 This is as far as I have gotten https://sagesoftware.box.com/s/jsqxyuvp2n6cm3mnd5dl92u5ymq0nrpx

Is it also possible to do a full 360 rotation of body on Y-axis? I assume there will also need to be rigging layer flips/re-ordering to achieve this?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tutorial Not working Properly

This isn't an idea. I'm doing the tutorial (auditions), I have 0 contro over the red monster or the doctor looking guy so far. My camera is on and I am on the top right screen but nothing I do including talking syncs with the character in the tutrial

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

RE UPDATE:

RE: ‘my laptop sounded like an airplane’

It’s not uncommon for your computer to use a lot of processor when the camera is involved. As long as your working in a temperate environment on a hard surface, should be able to handle it. But if it slows down, that could be an issue. If you’re not streaming or your process can avoid it, try to have no other apps running that require access to your camera.

RE: ‘When the puppet hears noise without me physcially talking or moving my lips…’

The puppet attempts lip sync when it ‘hears’ any audio, however there is a feature that will only allow it to move lips when your mouth is open or moving. Go to:

Character Menu →Preferences→Lip Sync→Camera Based Muting and set the slider to a stronger position. Usually about mid slider will get a good result. After that,…

3. Cycle through swap set with one trigger

Can we just use the default swap set shortcut (first one in the list) and cycle through each swap set if others haven't been assigned. That would be a quick implementation right?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live scoreboard number counter

Use CA as a interactive quiz/scoreboard. I would like a better way to add numbers and add the desired number increments to allow for live scoring.

Using a shortcut/number input box the counter will change or plus button to add to the score. I can then set this up via a trigger so I can overlay the animation on top.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like you have three of the triggers in the Body Position swap set set as latched. Just curious, if don’t make them latched, does it make that momentary view switch no longer occur?

If you’re still having trouble resolving the issue, and are willing to share a copy of the puppet with us to diagnose, feel free to send an exported puppet (File > Export > Puppet) for the puppet and we can try to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Thanks.

6. Fixing the problem

No ridding and fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import the Characters in Adobe Animate from Adobe Character Animator

I need to import the project I made in Adobe Character Animator to Adobe Animate, same we do in Adobe Ae and Pr

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add More Characters and Props to Adobe Fuse

Since I don't see a feedback area on the Adobe site for Adobe Fuse, I'm adding my Fuse feedback here. Characters created in Adobe Fuse could be a huge asset for my company, but unfortunately the library of characters is too limited to be of extensive use. I cast a HUGE vote for adding more characters, more clothing, and more props to Fuse. I would even pay extra for a Fuse+ type subscription.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3D Face Mapping

I've been using an iPhone app called "MugLife" to add animation to my drawings. I use a green background to isolate the head, then use a motion tracking app to pin the head onto my Character Animator animations in Final Cut Pro. It results in an extremely animated head that moves along with my animated puppet. It would be great to implement "MugLife"-type functionality into Character Animator directly to create these kind of beautifully animated full-motion heads. (Adding the ability to customize the teeth/mouth would be essential to create more polished characters.) I've attached a few sample heads to show…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. text

This would be nice to have like an easy thing, so you could make like thoughts bobbles over characters when they not going to talk, like things that are in comics sometimes when one character speaks and the other one thinks when the character speaks. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full screen mode

This would be nice for screening your character in a show on a projector or a tv that you have hooked up the program to. Where you don't see the record buttons. For preforming live without streaming. It could be used then easy for live shows on school without having to get it up in another program. I did my exam in this way, having my computer atached to a tv screen with HDMI from computer, then midi controlling everything from one drum mashin and to other midi devices. But it was sad that i couldent get the full screen,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FPS drops during streaming

I used to be able to stream to Streamlabs obs at 60 fps no problem on previous versions of Character Animator but after the 3.0 updates it'll drop down to 10-12 fps when I turn on the stream option. I keep everything updated on my computer so I don't know that could be causing it to drop down in framerate. Even using the templates, the framerate drops.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chainable independent objects

I love to be able to have an independent Hand connect to an independent forearm to an independent upper arm. etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a take track without having to record.

When I'm working with some of my more swap set based puppets it is so unwieldy to have to hit record and twiddle all the sets just to get editable tracks in place.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lock undocked Control Panels per puppet, so you can arm and edit multiple puppets

Sometimes its necessary to see how puppets interact. When you select and arm multiple puppets in the timeline there are no controls in the panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Label the replays (color and names) along with the triggers assigned to them.

It is kinda weird that the replays don't have the same name or color label.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add blending to the timeline layers

We can set blending modes in the puppets levels, but i think it would also be nice to be able to blend the layers in the timeline section.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Home button doesn't go home

When I press the home button CA closes. I reinstalled the program and still happens

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of Character Animator are you seeing this in? (The version number is on the right side of the menu bar.)

What OS (macOS or Windows) are you on, and what version of the OS are you using?

When you try to click the Home icon, does the underline under the icon not show up?

If you choose the Window > Workspace > Home menu command, does it switch to the Home screen?

Thanks.

20. I Think Charavter animator should have a "Morph" tool. In vector transitions using same numer of points an auto morph will be most heplpful

When using somilar vector mouths or eyebrows for an exemple, the transition should have an auto morph feature that creates an automatic smooth transition something like an automatic Layer sequence transition without the need of making every step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base