Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom face/ body tracking

You label the parts on your puppet and then match with the face/body tracking by clicking on the corresponding area in the video feed or an image from the feed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a visible (grey) stopwatch to parameters that can be keyframed

Like in After Effects I think it would be beneficial to see at once which parameters can be animated via keyframes with grey stop watch icons that are visible all the time and not only with mouse over.

As Dave says in the tutorial video for key framing it is a bit of a “trial and error thing” – you want to make it easier for users as character animation is a lot of work already. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fujifilm X Webcam 2 support

I'm using a Fujifilm camera (XT-4) as my main webcam. It's recognized by the system through the official Fujifilm X Webcam 2 application. It's recognized in Skype, Zoom, Discord, Google Meet, and pretty much anything I've tried. However, the webcam isn't recognized at all by Character Animator.

I didn't found any way to make it happen in settings or through the general interface. Using the latest version on Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow CH to open and work on files saved on network drives

This is an extremely important function for teams to collaborate on CH. Every time we try to access a file located on a network drive we get the error message -

"Cannot open project << F: //ANIMA/.../Ch Data / repo.noindex / >> If it is on a server, copy it to a local disk and open it from from this location."

So currently we have to backup or copy file packages to and fro different local drives to be able to work off different computers, which is very cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. multiple files open

Please make CA like all other apps and allow us to have more than one project open at a time. Often I need to compare two different files, esp. when troubleshooting rigging. It seems like a cludge to import a second puppet into my project just for this purpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Actualización Character Animator.

Hola... no se porqué no logro tener acceso a la actualización de Character Animator... la última que me aparece en las opciones es 4.2 pero no aparece la 4.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjusting visemes

When manually adjusting visemes it only moves a frame at a time. If I want it to move less than a frame I have to cut it which slows the process down.

It would be helpful to be able to adjust a viseme more accurately than jumping to a frame at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Frame nudge

It would be helpful to be able to nudge performance elements forwards or backward a frame at a time. I'm able to do this in Premier by selecting a piece of footage, holding ALT, and using the arrow keys. It's a great way to quickly adjust timings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. with an mp4 file in the background

I would like to record with an mp4 file in the background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a way to track faces from pre-recorded video

Ability to load a video source for recording so that remote actors can participate, or to characterize other video in post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Motion blur on camera moves

Is there a way to add motion blur on camera moves? I find that when creating camera moves with a scene camera the motion is very choppy. I realise I can do this in AE, but it is time-saving just to add camera set-ups in CA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Live background

I'm new to Adobe and just started to use Character Animator. And I love it. But I can't find a way you can have a live backgroud in Character Animator. So I gues you can't do it. By live backgroud I mean you could set the desktop as background so you can have a caracter that can explain whats on the screen. I have two screens and want to make a video for my students where the puppets shows and explain what I'm showing on the other screen. If you could import the desktop live, or if you could have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hold position of draggers when puppet is armed

I find it very frustrating when wanting to add more detail to arm motions for example that I can't see the previous position I'd recorded without un arming the puppet.

For example, if I want to create a simple wave motion and have set a basic position for the arm but then want to add some extra motion to it, I struggle to match the original position to then add the extra piece of motion.

The only way I can see the original position is to unarm the puppet - hold the position in my mind, arm the puppet, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop and sustain triggers

When recording a replay it would be helpful if a trigger would stop/sustain in the same way as draggers do.

After recording a replay I have to go back into the timeline and edit the duration of triggers to match the draggers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ch doesn't work with Universal Audio Audio Hardware in external microphone mode

Character Animator seems to not work with Universal Audio audio hardware like Apollo Twin MKII . Luckily I had a focusrite audio interface Scarlet 2i2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Frame rate very low even on a powerful 2019 Mac Pro system with fast SSD and GPU

Great app, but as soon as I record the frame rate drops, resulting in a pretty jerky animation, which is particularly noticeable on draggers. I'm using a 12 core 2019 Mac Pro with an SSD Raid, 96GB RAM and a W5700X GPU, so it's unlikely to be the machine not being powerful enough, more likely it's not utilising it fully. Otherwise, maybe this could be solved with a feature that creates smooth tweening between the frames?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This applies to all of your software programs

Why are you hiding Older versions of software ? It took me about 1 hr to get to Older version of software I needed and I had to finally contact your Live person support to get it ! This is NOT USER friendly and you shall make your Older versions accessible in a normal way with some visible link, and not having customers look for it like for a needle in the hey!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Puppets and Scenes in Project Window

I hope if the puppets were sorted with each other and the scenes were sorted with each other and not combined the puppets and scenes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support loading videos.

I want you to support loading videos.

Because It can take advantage of physical properties.
    can't do that by loading into After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MIDI Velocity Support

I would love to see support for the velocity of a key press from a MIDI keyboard or pad. Often the nutcracker jaw and other lip sync does not follow the words very well, so having the ability to control the jaw with a key/button press on a MIDI keyboard would be great. If I tap lightly, the jaw opens a little, and if I tap hard, the jaw opens wide. Maybe this behavior could also be mapped to feet, so you could make a character dance just by tapping two different buttons.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base