Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enabling record for a take should not discard other property values set up for recordings

If you have say three properties armed (red dot on) and you set up all the draggers etc, then you decide to arm the "trigger" behavior as well, it loses all the other values you set up for armed behavior properties (e.g. all the drags you set up ready for the record are reset). I don't think arming or disarming a property should reset values for other properties (especially draggers). It should only reset a specific property if the "arm" (record) button is turned off for that property.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. default puppet position option

I think this would be very helpful!
    the basic position in which we design the character is almost never a default position for it. So you always need to start with one dragger recording of a default position, and than on top of that additional dragger recordings.

it would be great if we could build one or maybe even a number of "default" body positions and choose without needing to record it with a different dragger!

hope i explained it properly :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scale Track Height (Premiere Style)

Would be nice to be able to scale the track size vertically in the timeline like Premiere's behavior.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Parenting to Dragger etc.

Would be nice to be able to parent items to a null or dragger. For instance if I want to parent both pupils to dragger, I could then just move the dragger around to control them.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pixel mask on a group

Working on an illustrator's existing character, I wanted to ease my pain and use a layer mask on the group of faces.

Except it only works layer by layer. (one mask, one layer) whereas Photoshop proposes also the "one group, one mask" option.

I don't know if it would be possible to add that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the default be the last thing you did, rather than the pre-set default

Please change the default setting to what you did previously, rather than some pre-determined default. It is so irritating to constantly have to go back, un check the red buttons, etc.

For instance, in recording a walk behavior, you have to go back to the beginning, so your characters are in the correct place, then you have to make sure to fix the body speed so that they actually record. If you want to record it over again, you AGAIN have to go back re-do the body speed.

There should be a default to what you just did and then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scale exports to different sizes (vector based projects)

It would be nice to scale the entire scene (and all its sub-scenes/puppets) to any scale. For example, I have a master scene which contains many puppets and everything is in vector. I am working in a 1920x1080 resolution and everything is made for this resolution. It would be nice though since everything is in vector to be able to scale the project up to 4k for example (same aspect ratio) and now have a 4k vector animation of this too done very easily. 4k+ is very slow in character animator to work with which is why I use 1920x1080.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. camera

I tried CC last year and stopped using it when I started having webcam issues. A year later, I still have issues with it. I have a Logitech C922 and Blackmagic Capture Recorder. At first, I got the "Camera Busy" with NO other applications running. I tested it, I opened OBS and the C922 turned on no problem. I closed OBS, restarted, went to Device Manager disabled Blackmagic, restarted, opened CC and still the same issue "Camera Busy".

Yes, I went to the 'Switch camera' option, yes I 'Default Camera' too, still same issue. I performed another test, closed CC…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add additional Mouths

I want to be able to add a mouths with smug and sad to my animation. Right now you are set to the provided number of mouth expressions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include motion blur on the Transform Panel!

Include Motion Blur on the Transform Panel so it's possible to have the character waving his arms and get the blurred effect within Character Animator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Are you finding issues with users being unable to export MP4 from CH via Encoder? It's always worked in the past but no luck over the last 3

Are you finding issues with users being unable to export MP4 from CH via Encoder? It's always worked in the past but no luck over the last 3 days.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Walking triggered by keyboard

Hello, if you could wipe out the "walking" through the keyboard, you could use multiple gaits for a puppet. She could then walk normally, walk or walk very slowly. For streaming, it would be easier to give the character more dynamic.
    Best regards
    Gabi

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New behavior: kneel

Hello, it would be great if there was a knee flexion for the puppets in the behavior. Then she could squat down and pick something up from the ground. This behavior should then start from a trigger so that the "go" behavior can be interrupted. I hope I explained that understandably :)
    Best regards
    Gabi

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. integration with "Adobe Animate CC"

If we could import animations and assets from Animate straight into Character Animator that would be incredible. Is this a feature on the docket? I know you can animate in PS, but it doesn't feel quite as streamlined for the animation process as Adobe Animate.

Also, if we could incorporate tweens, that would be legendary.

Alternatively, if we could just export Adobe Animate files straight to Illustrator while maintaining layers (and finding some kind of solution for timeline animations, maybe distribute to layers and put in folders). However, this feature might be exclusively used for the purposes of integration to…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

In the recent release of Animate, under File→Publish Settings→Other Formats→SVG Image (checkbox)→Options, there is now a checkbox “Optimize For Character Animator”.

Using it, you can export an SVG image that Character can import, that will have a layers structure that works well in Character. While you can’t yet export an SVG sequence from Animate, right now you can get the image from Animate to Character with minimal clutter and add rigging to it for performance. Let us know if this is helpful and what you want to see happen next!

16. Puppet App Player

I sell a lot of puppets, but I, and many other designers, could sell ALOT more if the customer didnt have to sign up for CH to operate the puppet. Bare with me, I have a solution. Its not only the cost, but some people find using the software difficult if they are not use to PC.MAC based programs, many today are use to using simple to load and play apps. What I propose is you build an app player that could operate .puppet files. I am not saying do it for free. Sell it for $50, I can get…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Trigger control improvement

In the control section for triggers, in layout you can drag the icons to where you want, and you can even drag one icon on top of another, but, when you press it, it still only triggers one of the icons. It would be great if you could layer icons on top of each other, and then you only have to press the one to trigger them all at once. The reason for this is because if you create a trigger group, all the actions in that group has to be the same lengh in frames, otherwise it causes bits…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When in the scene timeline mode, add a quick shortcut for dragging on empty space: Right mouse button

As far as I can see I can't find the option to make a shortcut for just dragging around the timeline (similar to the hand/drag tool in Premiere); I saw the "M" thing, but it doesn't seem to be that responsive. It would be sweet if you could right click on an empty space in your scene timeline and that would just drag the entire timeline. Adversely, it could be ctrl+ click, or alt+ click. Just the option would be nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teleprompter Feature - Separate Tab or Onion Skin Over Scene

It would be great to have a Teleprompter feature that prompts the person speaking with a visual text of a speech or script.

This could take the form of a Teleprompter tab or an onion skin over the scene as it's being recorded (that is, the script is superimposed over the scene as it's recorded).

Since I do most of my recordings on an iMac, I could see undocking the Teleprompter tab and placing it at the upper middle of the Desktop, just below there the built-in web cam is located. Or, reading the text as is scrolls by while…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Folders in Trigger Panel

When there are a lot of triggers/swap sets on a puppet, working in the trigger panel gets unwieldy, It would help if we could create folders in which to put triggers already made, just like we can create folders in the Project panel to tidy it up when it gets crowded.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base