Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recording follows playback settings option

It would be really nice to be able to use the work area bar/markers etc. to set in and out points for recording in the same way as for playback.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that would be standard fare in an app like this. I checked the documentation, but couldn't find anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export Lip Sync as FBX to be imaported in 3Ds max to be copied in head morph targets as values for each channel

Export Lip Sync as FBX to be imaported in 3Ds max to be copied in head morph targets as values for each channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add keyframing support and editing for all animating items

Add the ability to key, animate, or fine tune recorded performances. Make everything that moves, or triggers keyframable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Camera not fully supported

I have issue in my character animator, I am using surface book 3 as my production device. But when I installed character animator, It says :

"Surface Camera Rear (not fully supported)"
    "Surface Camera Front (not fully supported)"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Camera not fully supported

I have issue in my character animator, I am using surface book 3 as my production device. But when I installed character animator, It says :

"Surface Camera Rear (not fully supported)"
    "Surface Camera Front (not fully supported)"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More movement please

It would be great to have walking added to the characters provided in Adobe Character (I'm on v4.4). At the moment you can just slide them in/out and move their arms. Creatively it would be much better if they could walk in from either left or right and forwards. Speed adjustment too so they could walk in slo mo or run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow pasting of external lip sync data from After Effects

Hello! Character Animator is amazing, however I have a lip sync workflow in After Effects I prefer over what's included in the software. It would be great to be able to take that keyframe data from after effects and paste it into a lip sync layer. As of now, even if I copy the keyframe data from Character Animator, paste it into a text document and change the values manually, I can't even paste that back in. Would be great to be able to do so!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trigger and Replay Artwork Creation

Would like the ability after creating a trigger to be able to create artwork for it from within CA. Replays can get quite long. Maybe being able to select a specific frame from the timeline and then similarly to premiere's export frame (ctrl+shift+e) the frame could then be instantly applied to the selected trigger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a paid puppet

Hi everyone !

I've just have a idea why not import a puppet for a website and import into the timeline.

Good idea ? :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mic audio with NDI stream

I use my main PC for games and rendering my character. Then the NDI stream is captured by a streaming PC. Since the audio doesn't come with the character's NDI, the mic has to be streamed by a different app. I have to manually sync the mic audio to the character. This would be easier if the mic audio came included with the character video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My Wishlist

Would really love if the characters were more business oriented. I would love to incorporate CA more into my projects, but I find that the characters are too cartoony or the existing characters appeal to a much younger audience.

-business casual clothing
    -older aged characters
    -blue collar clothing
    -ability to generate a custom logo for shirts. A simple text generator will do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Received this Error Code.

I was working on my original character in the rigging mode and was hopping back and forth between the example puppet and my own. I am not sure what I did, or did not do, when the message bellow appeared. I could not exit the program and had to reboot my computer. I am using Win 10 operating system.

"Internal error code: (1380437316:156+57)bNiOk false but b oundBehaviour not resolvable"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Things For "Puppet Maker"

Hi I really love the new Puppet Maker but can you add new things? It will be awesome if you update for new things and for hats can you add a hijab? Good Job Character Animator Team👍❤️

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video file support and parentable push pins

1. I would like to see the option to put video files like .mp4 into the timeline and preview them at the same time as doing capture or puppeting work in the timeline.

2. I would like to be able to have a parenting functionality that could be linked to puppet handles via a possible tagging system to control and puppet/move multiple layers at one time in a specific spot on the art work.
      Example: Human puppet playing guitar, you want the arm/hand behind the guitar neck to move and you want triggerable fingers on a layer in front of the guitar…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Jitter reduction In Body Tracking by interpolation.

Hello. I was trying out the new Body tracking and i thought two parameters could help greatly with eliminating jitter.

Interval and Degrees.

While the body is tracked at all points at all time, the system would allow you to remove tracking issues that only last a few frames.

interval would allow you to set a timeframe, that the software would then use as keyframe positions for the limbs and interpolate the tracked limbs towards those keyframe positions.

The degrees function would use the live tracking and at all times be tracking the number of degrees your body tracker limbs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bug free

if photoshop and character animator con talk better to each other that would be great right now we have the buggiest adobe software because you keep on adding cool features that don't even work half the time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a middle wheel drag for timeline

In After Effects you can click the middle wheel and drag through the timeline. Can you please add a similar feature to Character Animator?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. interface background color

The interface color NEEDS to have options! It is way, way too dark! !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base