Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 自動瞬きの値と実際の挙動が一致しない

瞬き/分に0を入力すると高速で瞬きをするようになる
    「1分あたりに0回の瞬き」という指示になるはずなので、瞬きをしなくなるのが正しい挙動だと思われます

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exporting Scene and Project for Archiving (including ONLY required files)

There are so many "Bad" takes, and when I delete a take the TAKE file is not removed. I can't delete the takes, because there is no east way I can find to determine if they are used or not.

For many reasons, it would be great to be able to export a Scene with all, but only, the assets that are required for that scene. PERFECT for archival purposes. Much like a puppet file, but a scene. Same goes for a project file! I don't want a copy of all the junk files that are no longer used. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to parent takes to each other so they move and scale together

When recording multiple takes that using (using face behaviour for example) it would be nice to have the ability to parent or group takes so they can be moved and scaled at the same time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Marquee Selection of Handles/Origin/Sticks

Need to be able to drag a box around all the handles and sticks in a layer.

Would be nice if copy/paste of the origin would at least copy the origin's "tags" (understandable why it wouldn't necessarily paste the location)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add additional expressive faces during capture while using Characterizer.

During face capture allow eye's half closes, squinting, sad eyes, angry eyes. This would enhance the possibilities of Characterizer immensely.

These extra faces could be prompted by saying "Squint your eyes", "Make an angry face", "make a shouting mouth" etc....

Then these could be set as possible triggers once the program finishes the capture.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. copy and paste animated puppets from one scene to another

I would like to copy and paste animated puppets from one scene to another.

When I try to do this I get a pop-up message (see attached pic)

What I wanted CH to do is "simply" paste one puppet with all its recorded parameters, keyframes, behaviors form one scene no another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 音声データの中身が変わった際に波形が変わらない

Chに『いぬ.mp3』というデータを読み込ませておき、いぬ.mp3を直接編集し、中身を変更した場合、聞こえる音声は変更後のものになっているが、オーディオの波形は一番最初に配置したものが表示されており、聞こえる音声と表示されている波形が一致しない現象が起こる

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Parallax Improvements

I need to have more control over the parallax feature. As I've seen suggested multiple times here, the ultimate solution would be something like Joysticks and Sliders- the script for AE from aescripts.com. If that's not possible, I'd at least like control over X and Y strength. I really just want X movement, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control this.
    I'd also like the option of being able to drag the parallax around with the mouse rather than having to turn my head. In practice, physically turning your head to the side is pretty hard if…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. May we have negative movement for a nutcracker jaw

It would be useful to have negatice setting for the nutcracker jaw to animate for example an upper jaw or mouth as seen here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/how-to-animate-a-hand-drawn-animal/m-p/11405659?page=1

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it a one time payment please!

I would very much like to be able to use this program without having to get everything else. if you made it a one time, i would buy it, and then recommend it to my friends.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project panel: folders should not open automatically when drag something onto it

I f you drag something onto a folder inside the Project panel the folder should not open automatically.
    (Only if you stay on the folder with the dragged object/cursor)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add face-expressions in timeline-context-dropdown-menu (neutral, smile, surprised additional to visemes)

Request: please add mouth-expressions (neutral, smile, surprised) in context-dropdown-menu in the timeline(additional to visemes).
    If you select a single viseme in the timeline you can easily change it to another simply by right-click on int and select another (e. g. an M for an S, or silence) Thats great :)))
    I would like to have access to neutral, smile, surprised as well.
    Since there are in the puppet rig, too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Frame by Frame animation doesn't really work

Whenever I create a pose, I'm stuck with Character Animator reverting to the rest pose on the next frame.

If I create a keyframe on frame 1 and frame 24 and then set the playhead to 13, the character should be posed as a roughly 50/50 blend of the two. Though it's "calculated" not a hard keyframe. If I move a limb or the body etc, that should create a keyframe at that point.

What happens instead is, every time I ctrl+2, and then advance, or even just hold in place, the puppet reverts to it's "neutral" pose and to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make the anchor point visible

since you don't see the anchor point you have to guess where it is.
    Thats not so convenient.
    Please make the anchor point visible as long as you change the value in the properties panel.
    (Or even better than two x/y prameters: add a crosshair-cursor to place the anchor point with one click)
    tnx :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to change the pitch of the recorded voice

I think it will be a function to add color to the work when one person plays multiple roles. I want an effect that just changes the pitch, like premiere pro, instead of changing the speed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Freeze sitting position (hip) so that I can control only head movement

I can make the character go to a sitting position by dragging the head down. It would be nice to somehow freeze its position and hip so that I could then only control head movements.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. other animations besides walk and run cycles

It would be nice to have pre-made animations such as jumping, kicking, fighting movements, dancing among others.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. holding object with two hands

It would be nice to be able to hold an object like a rifle with both hands and being able to drag/animate de rifle recoil and then both arms would follow the movement.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. four legged

four legged creatures/animals

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhanced Display of Rigging: show/hide tags, behaviors, by filter(e.g. handles w/tags)

I am constantly fighting with the rigging UX so many things that should be just simple and easy, are difficult. Compounded with the fact that tags often overlay pins it can be very frustrating.

1) Ability to turn on/off the display of tags/behaviors so that I can see only handles or sticks.
    I draw the rig in illustrator in a sepearate hierarchy so I can trace over it, manipulate it etc, and most importantly MIRROR it! much easier to do that way than manually trying to implement the sticks and handles in all the right places. I also color code…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base