Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please help

please help./Users/jacquave/dev/apd/animal/sandboxes/newcompiler/animal/shared/thirdparty/OpenCV2.4.13/modules/core/src/array.cpp:2482: error: (-206) Unrecognized or unsupported array type in function cvGetMat

this comes up when I try to generate puppet in open character.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replay Hold Markers

Please make replays open-able on their own timeline, and allow a hold marker, where the animation holds until the trigger is released and then it can play the remaining outro animation after the hold marker.

Also if the replay is 5 minutes long with a short outro animation, if I trigger it for 5 seconds, and then let go, it should either end immediately or have the option to skip right to the end animation.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Swap Set / Layer Picker flow between intermediaries

Please enable a feature on layer picker or swap sets where it works just like a swap set, but it also plays the layers between each trigger to arrive at the new held frame.

So if I had a group with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in it, If I pressed 5, it would play 1,2,3,4,5 and hold on 5 (if latched for example) then if I hit 7, it would play 6,7 and hold on 7. Then if I hit 2, it would play 6,5,4,3,2 and hold on 2 etc.

If there was a default layer, then if a trigger wasn’t latched it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please allow me to change the order of the work details.

Please allow me to change the order of the work details.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Estimating what new handle will affect

It would be nice to see some sort of an area of effect when it comes to putting new handles on the puppet. For example, we can take the "blank" puppet and put handle for breathing behavior Right in the middle of "Ch" logo; the puppet will breathe with the chest. But if we move it slightly below "Ch", it will breathe with the belly. It would be nice to see some sort of visibility that would be affected when putting a trigger or adding behavior. Right now the only way is to jump back and forth until it works.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug Report

Can't export (edit original) to photoshop. Can't open puppet files in PS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. copy/paste and re-scale all selected rigging

Once you have a decent rig on one character, the task of doing this again on a similarly constructed character is super cumbersome.

It would be hugely helpful if you could select groups of pins and sticks and manipulate them as a group (mirror, scale, rotate, free-distort)

You can copy/paste, but you have to select pins and sticks one by one. NEED marquee selection of pins/sticks.

Then with groups of pins/sticks selected, you should be able to mirror/scale/stretch/rotate/free-distort the locations of these pins/sticks.

I think this would massively accelerate the adaptation of a rig from one character to another.

you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Viseme Pop-Up Menu Visual

When you right click on a viseme in the timeline you get a menu which shows a list of phoneme option. It would be nice to have the specific mouth shape next to each phoneme. See attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. being able to make triggers with the controller ''joystick''

if we can use the controller like the PlayStation controller or Xbox or pc controller to some triggers it will be easier. and everybody has one.
    vote if you like the idea.
    thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Character control - video game style

You already have left & right arrow keys to walking direction and generated walk cycles. You should include up and down arrows to include jump and duck actions also

Left & right to move left and right
    Up & down to jump and duck / squat

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Duplicate Rigging

If you have characters in similar size - choose to copy rigging elements from one character to another. Or have the ability to copy rigging elements onto a new character and make refinements if needed

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto Rig

Auto rig feature where it detects and compiles the rigging for you (option to make minor adjustments)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Selected Camera Unavailable for iPhone Epoccam webcam app

Character Animator CC on 5/29/20 shows "Selected Camera Unavailable" when app and phone are working correctly

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adjustable frame rate for Face behavior

It would be great if there was an option to adjust the frame rate of just the Face behavior at any time. I like the look of head movements when I change my scene frame rate to 12fps, but all body movements are too jittery for what I'm doing. Enabling the "Limit Camera to 12fps" option doesn't produce the same visual results as changing the scene frame rate, nor is it flexible since it can only be set before starting a recording.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see more templates with various mouths types (preferable in Adobe Illustrator)

I would like to see more mouth shapes being available. The mouth shape used is already the same since the start of Adobe Character

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Herramienta de Texto

Debería ser posible agregar algún texto y si el mismo se puede animar mucho mejor. Utilizo la herramienta para hacer tutoriales educativos y si quiero poner un texto debe importarlo como png o psd.

Saludos

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dangle lags / stutters / jitters

I have back hair that is independent. Suddenly it started to stutter. I tried to re-rig the puppet and suddenly it started again. It looks like this: [https://community.adobe.com/legacyfs/online/1663494_Dangle%20Capture.gif]
    The stutter is only visible if I move my head slowly. If I hold my head still and then move it fast to another location and then hold still, the jitter is not noticeable.

Win10 64, GTX1080Ti, Ryzen 7 1700

[Community Post describing the issue](https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/dangle-hair-jitters-stutters/td-p/10276831?page=1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scroll wheel click to navigate

Similar to navigation in After Effects, clicking the scroll wheel and dragging allows a free flow of movement on the timeline. Would help greatly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Onion behaviors

A double toggle or transparency of when certain behaviors are enabled. i.e; "Triggers". Show like an onion skin of both on and off effects. Similar to the snapshot feature but instead it transparent throughout the entire timeline. The "dragger" behavior would definitely benefit from this.

Or better yet, a second "scene" window showing all the animation if all the behaviors were toggled off and another with the behaviors toggled on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base