Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New behavior: kneel

Hello, it would be great if there was a knee flexion for the puppets in the behavior. Then she could squat down and pick something up from the ground. This behavior should then start from a trigger so that the "go" behavior can be interrupted. I hope I explained that understandably :)
    Best regards
    Gabi

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] puppet walks off screen

Hello there,

if I change the timeline, the puppet will be lost.

Could you please solve this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19-nbBMItjpKVtPmi9pZnB5sX75VzQJFg

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Dennis

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nested Swap Sets

Can we have NESTED SWAP SETS?

When I hit "Generate Controls," it tells me I have 496 triggers. I love that the program can handle this BUT really, a lot of these are repeats from one head position or body position to the next. Adding a swap set for hands, on multiple arm positions is what created this giant tedious day (496!) with my MIDI controller.

If the Swap Sets could understand that two same-named arm positions with same-name hand positions are the same, you would TOTALLY SAVE US SO MUCH TIME!!

Also, if swap sets could be nested in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enabling record for a take should not discard other property values set up for recordings

If you have say three properties armed (red dot on) and you set up all the draggers etc, then you decide to arm the "trigger" behavior as well, it loses all the other values you set up for armed behavior properties (e.g. all the drags you set up ready for the record are reset). I don't think arming or disarming a property should reset values for other properties (especially draggers). It should only reset a specific property if the "arm" (record) button is turned off for that property.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include motion blur on the Transform Panel!

Include Motion Blur on the Transform Panel so it's possible to have the character waving his arms and get the blurred effect within Character Animator.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Walking triggered by keyboard

Hello, if you could wipe out the "walking" through the keyboard, you could use multiple gaits for a puppet. She could then walk normally, walk or walk very slowly. For streaming, it would be easier to give the character more dynamic.
    Best regards
    Gabi

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trigger control improvement

In the control section for triggers, in layout you can drag the icons to where you want, and you can even drag one icon on top of another, but, when you press it, it still only triggers one of the icons. It would be great if you could layer icons on top of each other, and then you only have to press the one to trigger them all at once. The reason for this is because if you create a trigger group, all the actions in that group has to be the same lengh in frames, otherwise it causes bits…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Choose anti-aliasing options

I want to be able to link dynamically with after effects, but the linked animation has blurry edges and not hard pixels that I need.

For instance part of the aesthetic is that my animations are low resolution, with pixilated edges. I cannot use character animator unless there is an option to export or link using a "draft" quality, such as in AE. Please give us a hard pixel export option (no anti aliasing)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Global setting to control resolution etc to speed up performance

While editing and streaming, performance is very important. For people with lower powered computers, things can become sluggish. It would be great to have a global setting that adjusted settings like resolution of images created (if that speed things up), mesh density (if that speeds things up), and so forth. Then while editing/streaming, the setting can be cranked back to what the computer supports. When doing a media export, the setting can be set back to full resolution where it does not have to be real-time display. (Just go grab a coffee for the final render.) But the setting should…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick Behaviors and Auto Rigging

Wishlist, with Create Trigger dropzone - Would be great if there was one that created both a Trigger and add Cycle Layers Behavior.

Would also love a way to set Cycle Layers, Triggers, Bones, and Attach from layer names in Illustrator and Photoshop. (Similar to independent.)

Sometimes I have to restructure my puppet and it’s tough having to re-rig when plans change.

Inverse kinematics – Similar to the after effects riggin plugin DUIK, adding more realistic control to limbs. Makes them only bend one way

Love any shortcuts that keep things from becoming repetitive.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have the scale and both X and Y anchors be easy set and stay without recording

The scale and anchor points now are set but won't remain unless you record them. If you touch any other behavior before recording, they disappear, causing you to have to re-enter them. These are so basic to where a character is in a scene and need to just have them inputed in an easier and more stable fashion, such as typing in a box.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Walk behavior should work with only one profile

As far as I can tell, if you have Frontal and Right Profile the puppet will not switch from frontal to the profile when you use the arrow key. You have to create Left Profile as well for the flipping from “Frontal” to “Right Profile”. If the right profile is the default (like walkbot), then walking works. So it is not the walk behavior that seems to be the problem, but rather the code to decide to flip from the default profile to the walk direction profile refuses to work without Left and Right profiles both defined (and rigged sensibly).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable hinge effects on a dragger.

I am trying to make rope arms, where when you grab the hand the arm dangles from a hinge on the hand and from the shoulder. This is impossible however because when you grab something, that part remains fixed in a certain position. This creates some weird bending on the arm by the hand. (The hand always points downwards). This could be usefull for all sorts of stuff.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Magnets Hinge and Weld - none great (add friction to hinge?)

I had a balloon on a string. Dangles turn off the string (created a separate issue for that one). Without dangle the balloon would either sway from side to side with no way to stop it (there was no “friction” setting on the hinge to slow it down), or using weld it would be a firm stick with no dynamic feel to the balloon at all.

I think Hinge would be more useful if there was a friction or damping setting to slowly reduce the swaying effect of “hinge” today. Otherwise hinge is not that useful - things just keep…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. программа в реальности не работает

уже неделю пытаюсь хоть что-то минимальное получить, но так и никакого результата. Хотел просто чуть-чуть анимировать рисунки в детской книжке сделанной в Indesign для электронной версии. Чтобы не делал, но фон остается черным. Результат совсем никакой.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Здравствуйте, боюсь, мне нужно лучшее понимание вопроса. Проблема в том, что вы пытаетесь работать напрямую с документом InDesign? CharacterAnimator предназначен для работы с документами Photoshop и Illustrator. Пожалуйста, заархивируйте ваш файл и отправьте сообщение, и мы посмотрим, сможем ли мы помочь. Благодарю.

17. Eye gaze and Face input source as webcam or X/Y positions

Eye gaze and Face can only use the webcam as inputs. It would be good to allow another mode where X/Y properties control which direction the face is facing (controls parallax) and which way the eyes are looking.

In my case I want to hook up to an external MIDI source so can use HTC Vive VR equipment to control eye gaze and parallax. I could possibly use Transform behaviors with a lot of care, but its tricky as you need to get the transform for both eyes correct (calibration is hard). It also means the puppet can be used…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BACKSPACE BUTTON NEXT TO THE PLAY BUTTON

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator and Audition should have this button, as Cinema 4D has. It's a great tool to do an inverted reproduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. отвратительно. не работает

не работает. даже просто попытки импорта файла ai в качестве марионетке вызывает падение программы. импорт этой же картинки в формате psd но сама картинка не появляется. совершенно бесполезная программа. невозможно даже начать работать.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Can you please provide more information? The problems you describe are not ones that we commonly see, but perhaps we have misunderstood something in the translation.

As I understand it, your issues are:

1. Importing Ai file causes app to crash
    2. Importing PSD results in no image present.

Could you please zip your project file and post?

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base