Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scroll wheel click to navigate

Similar to navigation in After Effects, clicking the scroll wheel and dragging allows a free flow of movement on the timeline. Would help greatly.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HSL (Hue Saturation Lightness) as a Behaviour

A lot of my work in Character Animator has been making very flexible puppet characters that I can reuse as different characters (there's an overview how I do it using Layer Picker here: https://youtu.be/y6kVQpLESb8)

A lot of the labour comes from adding layers into groups with different coloured versions of the same objects for things like skin colour, clothing colour, hair colour, eye colour, etc. But if I would be able to say apply a HSL effect to a group of objects and put those sliders into my Controls, it would mean instead of having say 4 possible skin…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import multiple scenes through AE Import dialog

Would really like to be able to select more than one scene when importing through the After Effects import dialog. As it stands, you can only import them one at a time, if you have a lot of scenes this is very time consuming.
    Granted you could drag and drop multiple scenes from Character Animator, but for some reason this is unreliable... often the drag and drop doesn't work at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. not change aspect ratio if i want make video tik tok ? if it posible then i am make directly video for tik tok

not change aspect ratio mins size of video if i want make video tik tok ? if it posible then i am make directly video for tik tok

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The dynamic link between CA and AE needs fixing

If the Dynamic link gets corrupted it makes you relink every scene when After Effects opens. But there's a big problem - the order of the scenes is NOT the order they appear in After effects, so you have no way of knowing which order to relink them in. This should be fixed. Please tell the user which scene After Effects is looking for in the Character Animator file when the Dynamic Link window is up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline

select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline (ctrl + A - selects everything, but I need only those that
    below the scale pointer)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rotate handles without touchscreen

I can't rotate the handles because I don't have a touchscreen. For instance left click to select handle and scroll to rotate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why only live feed?

Why only live feed?? Make also a footage option and not only live feed. The face track feature works great in AE, no reason not to have it in CA. It's all there, just let us have it!:)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Draft Export

Create a fast export option. It's the same as the animation you see when you play the scene. (variable framerate)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a take track without having to record.

When I'm working with some of my more swap set based puppets it is so unwieldy to have to hit record and twiddle all the sets just to get editable tracks in place.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide more diverse and professional examples

I am a professor of art with an MFA in animation specifically. I need to see more examples provided which reflect the competency in figure drawing we encourage students to aspire and practice. Currently, that is not reflected in the examples provided. Additionally, where diversity is portrayed, diversity includes age. By restricting your examples to those that depict generally teenagers and children, you send a message we in art programs in art schools and colleges let alone education and the motion picture industry are trying to change. Individuals and companies are judged by actions vs words. This is one area…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Lisa Rose, you’ll get no argument on the diversity front and keep an eye on the blog – https://theblog.adobe.com/creative-cloud/character-animator/ – as we add new puppets. You also can find some less age specific examples in our earlier shared puppets here: https://character.adobelanding.com/puppets/

In regard to the drawing styles, would you be kind enough to post a couple examples of the types of artwork that indicate the competency in figure drawing you’re describing? While we always strive to make people aware of how many styles can be brought into the app, it would help to have the particular perspective to discuss. Thanks!

12. Allow swapset assets to be triggered at specific points within stop/sustain replays

For more nuanced animation within replays, it would be great to be able to trigger a swapset asset at a specific point within a replay,

For example, if you want a latched replay pose where a character points to the side, it might look best for the "default hand" to switch to the "pointing hand" and back at some point a few frames from the beginning or the end. At the moment, when recording, it's only possible to have this change right at the start of the replay and then back again at the start of the blend out.

I'd…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. full body tracking and using pre-recorded video in lieu of live

Hi

I see that you can now do full body tracking in Maxon Cinema 4D
    https://www.maxon.net/en-us/news/maxon-news/article/introducing-moves-by-maxon/
    Is Adobe Character likely to create something similar, even if it only tracks head/face, eyes, mouth, hands, hips and feet?

What is also useful, is that the original camera info can be pre-recorded rather than live, so a client, actor, director can send you a clip of what they have in mind. Even stock foortage could be used a bit like MoCap.

Thanks

Simon

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cycle through swap set with one trigger

Can we just use the default swap set shortcut (first one in the list) and cycle through each swap set if others haven't been assigned. That would be a quick implementation right?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Home button doesn't go home

When I press the home button CA closes. I reinstalled the program and still happens

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of Character Animator are you seeing this in? (The version number is on the right side of the menu bar.)

What OS (macOS or Windows) are you on, and what version of the OS are you using?

When you try to click the Home icon, does the underline under the icon not show up?

If you choose the Window > Workspace > Home menu command, does it switch to the Home screen?

Thanks.

17. Fixing the problem

No ridding and fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Live edit-ability of photoshop file on iPad Pro via Mobile Photoshop App

Hi. Flipping love this program. Soooo much. A bunch.

Also, I love the mobile Photoshop app. It is my favorite way to create and edit the artwork for my puppets, backgrounds....etc.

My idea centers around, (what may be in fact, nothing more than ignorance) my perceived inability to edit/access the puppet photoshop file from my iPad Pro, in the way Character Animator natively uses the desktop Photoshop program(app? Am I supposed to call them all apps now? ****....).

I suppose what I'm looking to do is this: I'm editing/rigging a character in CA. I "edit original," and am given an…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Solo mode for "Puppet Track Behavior" Recording

Add a "solo record" Toggle to "Puppet Track Behavior" items.
    Just like the solo button from AE.

With something like that, the User can simply record few Behaviors instead of having to turn OFF every other Behavior doesn't need to be recorded.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change colour of takes in Timeline

To be able to change colour of takes, the same as you can change colour of clips in PR

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base