Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to see more templates with various mouths types (preferable in Adobe Illustrator)

I would like to see more mouth shapes being available. The mouth shape used is already the same since the start of Adobe Character

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Herramienta de Texto

Debería ser posible agregar algún texto y si el mismo se puede animar mucho mejor. Utilizo la herramienta para hacer tutoriales educativos y si quiero poner un texto debe importarlo como png o psd.

Saludos

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dangle lags / stutters / jitters

I have back hair that is independent. Suddenly it started to stutter. I tried to re-rig the puppet and suddenly it started again. It looks like this: [https://community.adobe.com/legacyfs/online/1663494_Dangle%20Capture.gif]
    The stutter is only visible if I move my head slowly. If I hold my head still and then move it fast to another location and then hold still, the jitter is not noticeable.

Win10 64, GTX1080Ti, Ryzen 7 1700

[Community Post describing the issue](https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/dangle-hair-jitters-stutters/td-p/10276831?page=1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow keyframing using draggers

The workaround for keyframes (using the transform behavior) being used in draggers is good. The problem I run into is now both objects marked (like the elbows) are rotating using the transform tool (because ARM IK is set at the body level). Posing arms would be a lot easier with the ability to set keyframes for arms or wherever draggers are.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being able to copy ALL parameters from one puppet and apply it to another

It would be great if you could copy and paste all rigging and other parameters from one puppet to another. Say you're creating minions, each slightly different looking from the others, but largely the same. Hours could be saved if you didn't have to rig each.

And if there were then a couple of issues that needed to be adjusted due to the unique properties of one (say he's only got one eye), that would still be much quicker.

Martin

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scroll wheel click to navigate

Similar to navigation in After Effects, clicking the scroll wheel and dragging allows a free flow of movement on the timeline. Would help greatly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Onion behaviors

A double toggle or transparency of when certain behaviors are enabled. i.e; "Triggers". Show like an onion skin of both on and off effects. Similar to the snapshot feature but instead it transparent throughout the entire timeline. The "dragger" behavior would definitely benefit from this.

Or better yet, a second "scene" window showing all the animation if all the behaviors were toggled off and another with the behaviors toggled on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HSL (Hue Saturation Lightness) as a Behaviour

A lot of my work in Character Animator has been making very flexible puppet characters that I can reuse as different characters (there's an overview how I do it using Layer Picker here: https://youtu.be/y6kVQpLESb8)

A lot of the labour comes from adding layers into groups with different coloured versions of the same objects for things like skin colour, clothing colour, hair colour, eye colour, etc. But if I would be able to say apply a HSL effect to a group of objects and put those sliders into my Controls, it would mean instead of having say 4 possible skin…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import multiple scenes through AE Import dialog

Would really like to be able to select more than one scene when importing through the After Effects import dialog. As it stands, you can only import them one at a time, if you have a lot of scenes this is very time consuming.
    Granted you could drag and drop multiple scenes from Character Animator, but for some reason this is unreliable... often the drag and drop doesn't work at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. not change aspect ratio if i want make video tik tok ? if it posible then i am make directly video for tik tok

not change aspect ratio mins size of video if i want make video tik tok ? if it posible then i am make directly video for tik tok

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The dynamic link between CA and AE needs fixing

If the Dynamic link gets corrupted it makes you relink every scene when After Effects opens. But there's a big problem - the order of the scenes is NOT the order they appear in After effects, so you have no way of knowing which order to relink them in. This should be fixed. Please tell the user which scene After Effects is looking for in the Character Animator file when the Dynamic Link window is up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline

select all key tracks under the pointer on the timeline (ctrl + A - selects everything, but I need only those that
    below the scale pointer)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rotate handles without touchscreen

I can't rotate the handles because I don't have a touchscreen. For instance left click to select handle and scroll to rotate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why only live feed?

Why only live feed?? Make also a footage option and not only live feed. The face track feature works great in AE, no reason not to have it in CA. It's all there, just let us have it!:)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Draft Export

Create a fast export option. It's the same as the animation you see when you play the scene. (variable framerate)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a take track without having to record.

When I'm working with some of my more swap set based puppets it is so unwieldy to have to hit record and twiddle all the sets just to get editable tracks in place.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide more diverse and professional examples

I am a professor of art with an MFA in animation specifically. I need to see more examples provided which reflect the competency in figure drawing we encourage students to aspire and practice. Currently, that is not reflected in the examples provided. Additionally, where diversity is portrayed, diversity includes age. By restricting your examples to those that depict generally teenagers and children, you send a message we in art programs in art schools and colleges let alone education and the motion picture industry are trying to change. Individuals and companies are judged by actions vs words. This is one area…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Lisa Rose, you’ll get no argument on the diversity front and keep an eye on the blog – https://theblog.adobe.com/creative-cloud/character-animator/ – as we add new puppets. You also can find some less age specific examples in our earlier shared puppets here: https://character.adobelanding.com/puppets/

In regard to the drawing styles, would you be kind enough to post a couple examples of the types of artwork that indicate the competency in figure drawing you’re describing? While we always strive to make people aware of how many styles can be brought into the app, it would help to have the particular perspective to discuss. Thanks!

18. Allow swapset assets to be triggered at specific points within stop/sustain replays

For more nuanced animation within replays, it would be great to be able to trigger a swapset asset at a specific point within a replay,

For example, if you want a latched replay pose where a character points to the side, it might look best for the "default hand" to switch to the "pointing hand" and back at some point a few frames from the beginning or the end. At the moment, when recording, it's only possible to have this change right at the start of the replay and then back again at the start of the blend out.

I'd…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. full body tracking and using pre-recorded video in lieu of live

Hi

I see that you can now do full body tracking in Maxon Cinema 4D
    https://www.maxon.net/en-us/news/maxon-news/article/introducing-moves-by-maxon/
    Is Adobe Character likely to create something similar, even if it only tracks head/face, eyes, mouth, hands, hips and feet?

What is also useful, is that the original camera info can be pre-recorded rather than live, so a client, actor, director can send you a clip of what they have in mind. Even stock foortage could be used a bit like MoCap.

Thanks

Simon

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. fluid 360 head and body turns on y-axis

Hi

I am still learning, so I apologise in advance if this is already possible.
    Is there a way to create more fluid head and body turns, a bit like what can be achieved using https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/?
    Currently the solution seems to be to make more layers in Photoshop/Illustrator in-between similar to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8_R6kRgj8 This is as far as I have gotten https://sagesoftware.box.com/s/jsqxyuvp2n6cm3mnd5dl92u5ymq0nrpx

Is it also possible to do a full 360 rotation of body on Y-axis? I assume there will also need to be rigging layer flips/re-ordering to achieve this?

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base