Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Dynamic Link to AE

Whenever I update audio file in CA for lip sync, it works fine but AE won't see the new changes, still plays to previous file that was imported into AE. Very annoying.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade

Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade. It was working fine before upgrade, but as soon as I upgraded, it no longer works.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Does this occur even if you create a new scene with Sticky by choosing it from the Start workspace?

Is the Scene or Timeline panel focused when you’re pressing the Left/Right Arrow keys?

Which version of macOS or Windows are you on?

Also, if adjusting the Walk Strength to around 80% works, it might’ve been due to a change in 2.1 for existing projects that have Walk in it. Importing the Sticky example puppet fresh in 2.1 probably doesn’t have this issue.

Thanks.

4. rigging several characters in one scene

in adobe CH You can put as many characters into a scene as you want, but there's no current way to control 2 heads/voices with one webcam.
    it would be awesome to put that feature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If the puppet tracks are armed (red record button for the track is enabled), then all of those puppet tracks will respond to the webcam and microphone at the same time. You can select multiple puppet track Arm for Record buttons by Shift-clicking them (or Command-click on macOS, Ctrl-click on Windows).

Can you tell us if you are trying to control 2 characters simultaneously with 2 performers? If you want to do that, you can do it by running 2 instances of Ch and bringing both sources into a program like OBS.

5. Bug report, I cannot pin my characters to the ground.

Bug report. My characters will not pin to the ground and I cannot find a solution, I've been stuck for days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you have Fixed-tagged handles (e.g., created with the Pin tool) on the mesh that the legs/feet are on? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the puppet’s structure (layers list with the group that contains the Fixed handles selected) in the Puppet panel?

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm, does the menu bar say “Version 2.0” or “Version 2.0.1”?

If it says “Version 1.1”, “Version 1.1.1”, or “Version 1.5”, what is your OS version? Here are the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html

If it says “Version 1.0.6” or earlier, you are using the Beta or Preview version of Character Animator. There is a separate “Character Animator CC” entry in the Creative Cloud application to install, separate from “Character Animator CC (Beta)”.

7. Have the scale and both X and Y anchors be easy set and stay without recording

The scale and anchor points now are set but won't remain unless you record them. If you touch any other behavior before recording, they disappear, causing you to have to re-enter them. These are so basic to where a character is in a scene and need to just have them inputed in an easier and more stable fashion, such as typing in a box.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. программа в реальности не работает

уже неделю пытаюсь хоть что-то минимальное получить, но так и никакого результата. Хотел просто чуть-чуть анимировать рисунки в детской книжке сделанной в Indesign для электронной версии. Чтобы не делал, но фон остается черным. Результат совсем никакой.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Здравствуйте, боюсь, мне нужно лучшее понимание вопроса. Проблема в том, что вы пытаетесь работать напрямую с документом InDesign? CharacterAnimator предназначен для работы с документами Photoshop и Illustrator. Пожалуйста, заархивируйте ваш файл и отправьте сообщение, и мы посмотрим, сможем ли мы помочь. Благодарю.

10. Eye gaze and Face input source as webcam or X/Y positions

Eye gaze and Face can only use the webcam as inputs. It would be good to allow another mode where X/Y properties control which direction the face is facing (controls parallax) and which way the eyes are looking.

In my case I want to hook up to an external MIDI source so can use HTC Vive VR equipment to control eye gaze and parallax. I could possibly use Transform behaviors with a lot of care, but its tricky as you need to get the transform for both eyes correct (calibration is hard). It also means the puppet can be used…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BACKSPACE BUTTON NEXT TO THE PLAY BUTTON

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator and Audition should have this button, as Cinema 4D has. It's a great tool to do an inverted reproduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. отвратительно. не работает

не работает. даже просто попытки импорта файла ai в качестве марионетке вызывает падение программы. импорт этой же картинки в формате psd но сама картинка не появляется. совершенно бесполезная программа. невозможно даже начать работать.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Can you please provide more information? The problems you describe are not ones that we commonly see, but perhaps we have misunderstood something in the translation.

As I understand it, your issues are:

1. Importing Ai file causes app to crash
    2. Importing PSD results in no image present.

Could you please zip your project file and post?

13. [BUG] Audio hardware change causes freezing and crashing

Switching audio hardware from inline speakers to bluetooth headset causes CH to freeze and crash when recording and during playback even though the audio hardware setting preference is updated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scale Track Height (Premiere Style)

Would be nice to be able to scale the track size vertically in the timeline like Premiere's behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. camera

I tried CC last year and stopped using it when I started having webcam issues. A year later, I still have issues with it. I have a Logitech C922 and Blackmagic Capture Recorder. At first, I got the "Camera Busy" with NO other applications running. I tested it, I opened OBS and the C922 turned on no problem. I closed OBS, restarted, went to Device Manager disabled Blackmagic, restarted, opened CC and still the same issue "Camera Busy".

Yes, I went to the 'Switch camera' option, yes I 'Default Camera' too, still same issue. I performed another test, closed CC…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Are you finding issues with users being unable to export MP4 from CH via Encoder? It's always worked in the past but no luck over the last 3

Are you finding issues with users being unable to export MP4 from CH via Encoder? It's always worked in the past but no luck over the last 3 days.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inverted variables

One thing that I could see to be helpful, not only in my puppet designs, but just generally in character animator is the option to invert the way the camera reads the facial movements. How I see this working is to create a little check box that says "invert" next to it, and all it does is invert the way the assets of your puppet reacts to your face.

Nutcracker Jaw: Invert [ x ]

Examples:
    Nutcracker jaw closing when your mouth is open.
    Eyes looking left when you look right.
    Eyebrows moveing down when you rais them.

It's a…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option for additional in-between states on head turns.

The snapping of the head to different views isn't a big deal if you are using the pose to pose feature. It really stands out however when pose to pose is off. I would like a few in-between states for the head turns.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you mean that you want more than 5 stopping points or views or do you mean that you are trying to get more layers into the head turn? As noted, you can add several image layers that play in sequence to a single view by using cycle layers behavior, allowing for a smoother head turn with more ‘in-between’ frames. However, assuming you are asking for more pre-defined views in the rigging, that wouldn’t solve your request.

20. Internal error code: (751789695:79+6) assertion failed!

Hello! I love your product. :)

Internal error code: (751789695:79+6) assertion failed!

I was working on creating an animation, saved a new file, imported a puppet, and then was going to drag into the timeline but as I moved the mouse from the menu, as seen in the screenshot, I received the following error code. I was able to recreate it several times.

Everything seems to be fine with the file, however.

Thanks!
    Axel

ps I guess there isn't a place to save the screenshot. I have it if it would be helpful. :)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base