Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to see the list of sounds that is supposed to be rocognized? I

Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to know if anyone have seen the list of sounds that is

supposed to be rocognized?

I think I have heard like 150 different sounds...

actually I am working with, Swedish, English, French and Spannish, so there aere defdenitively different ways to prounounce the letters....

Do I have to explain?

well. in english e is e and a is a and y is y and i is i

but then if I change to swedish....

the i is like the english e

and in spannish the a is like the english…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chainable independent objects

I love to be able to have an independent Hand connect to an independent forearm to an independent upper arm. etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow keyframing using draggers

The workaround for keyframes (using the transform behavior) being used in draggers is good. The problem I run into is now both objects marked (like the elbows) are rotating using the transform tool (because ARM IK is set at the body level). Posing arms would be a lot easier with the ability to set keyframes for arms or wherever draggers are.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock undocked Control Panels per puppet, so you can arm and edit multiple puppets

Sometimes its necessary to see how puppets interact. When you select and arm multiple puppets in the timeline there are no controls in the panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Label the replays (color and names) along with the triggers assigned to them.

It is kinda weird that the replays don't have the same name or color label.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add blending to the timeline layers

We can set blending modes in the puppets levels, but i think it would also be nice to be able to blend the layers in the timeline section.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The dynamic link between CA and AE needs fixing

If the Dynamic link gets corrupted it makes you relink every scene when After Effects opens. But there's a big problem - the order of the scenes is NOT the order they appear in After effects, so you have no way of knowing which order to relink them in. This should be fixed. Please tell the user which scene After Effects is looking for in the Character Animator file when the Dynamic Link window is up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I Think Charavter animator should have a "Morph" tool. In vector transitions using same numer of points an auto morph will be most heplpful

When using somilar vector mouths or eyebrows for an exemple, the transition should have an auto morph feature that creates an automatic smooth transition something like an automatic Layer sequence transition without the need of making every step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rename from timeline

Be able to change the name from the timeline.
    This is an easier way to see/change names rather than going back into RIG.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple mic input and camera

It would be good if you could use multiple mics and cameras within 1 scene, this would be handy if you are creating a talk style show with a generic guest, we could use the audio feed to run the lip sync of a generic guest character while we continue to run the lip sync of our character at the same time. This could be done by bringing in a skype call and allowing the guest to control the character remotely

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Preview resolution

I would be good if you could add a preview mode for animating in CH, so you can reduce the quality of the animation while animating to improve frame rate.

This is something that is done in After effects and think would work well in CH

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dont auto fill space when entering visemes

It is very counterproductive and takes up a lot of my time to fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make example puppets easily accessible after starting a new project

When you first open Character Animator you are given a list of example puppets, but it's not easy to go back to that menu after selecting one.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Beard Recognition

I've noticed quite a few problems using the camera with a full (and dark color) beard. This causes two problems.

First, the software seems to confuse my mouth and my beard hair.

Second, the software can't recognize the bottom of my chin. This makes sense, but it keeps jumping from the bottom of my mouth to the bottom of the beard. This tricks the software into thinking that I'm rapidly moving towards and away from the camera. This could be fixed by using eye and nose tracking to triangulate the position and calculate the scale of the face in relation…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically release the Trigger from a Child Group of layers before releasing The trigger from a Parent Group

For example, the user has a group of Cycle layers,
    some of them are nested inside each other,
    and they are sorted like this:

. IdleLayerCycle
    . Jumping
    LayerCycle
    . SittingLayerCycle -> SittingAndWavingGoodbye

If the user wants to go from "SittingAndWavingGoodbye" to "JumpingLayerCycle",
    he has to turn off the "SittingAndWavingGoodbye"trigger,
    then turn off "Sitting
    LayerCycle",
    to finally activate the "Jumping_LayerCycle" trigger.

Maybe we could have a less painful way to cycle through Nested groups.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import triggers from other puppets

I was thinking a great and time-saving feature would be an option to import triggers from other puppets. Kind of like Tull has a set controls list, it would be great to say import Outstretched, or import a set of triggers to a puppet in development. Something like Import->Triggers and then the.puppet folder opens and you select which puppet you want to import the triggers from.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base