Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Behavior Strength Percentage

An overall "Strength" parameter for behaviors. I have some eyebrows that are going to high in my position take. Just take the behavior strength down to compensate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For the love of the deity of your choice, PLEASE point me to a basic explanation of how to use the Nutcracker Jaw behavior.

The link to the Nutcracker Jaw behavior tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behavior.html#Nutcracker) (and all other subtutorials on the Behaviors page) is broken (circular link back to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/user-guide.html/adobe-character-animator/using/welcome.ug.html). In general, please create a good-old User Manual that explains each and every Behavior, in writing, as a reference point. Ch is an awesome product, and Dave Werner's tutorial videos are stellar. If I'm missing the obvious, where's a link to such a User Guide? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improving user interface

The user interface color desperately needs to have the flexibility to change like in other Adobe programs. The black background is way too dark!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No (obvious) way to remove trigger from a layer

Repro steps:

1. Think like a user/newbie.

2. Create a new project and import Blank.

3. Go into rig mode.

4. Add a trigger to any body part.

5. Add a behaviour to that same part.

6. Right-click the lego/gear icon for that body part.

7. Notice that there's a 'remove all behaviours' option in the context menu.

8. Right-click the trigger icon for the same body part.

Notice that there's no corresponding way to remove all triggers from that body part exposed in the menu.

In addition to creating a bit of an asymmetry between one part of the user experience and another, it looks as if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be very helpful if we could enter into groups to edit elements within.

Currently, if I want to edit a single element within a group I have to ungroup everything, edit the parameter, then regroup everything. It all happens within the layout control view so it gets very messy. My grouped content can have 30 parameters so finding each element that I want to then regroup is tedious among all the other controls that dont get grouped. Then, once I regroup it, I need to rename the new group each time again.
    The ability to simply enter into the group, edit what I want and exit the group would be far superior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. help us!

its new software for me, please put subtitles in Italian and other languages for the tutorial about adobe world

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Load my own example puppets

I would like to be able to see all of the puppet files I have created and/or downloaded to show up in the EXAMPLE PUPPETS section (maybe add a new tab for this). Is that possible? If not, can this feature be added?

It would be nice to be able to see an image of each puppet I have on file so that it would be easier when choosing one to use (instead of having to remember what they look like).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expand all / Close All nodes in panel tree views (esp. Project and Puppet Panels)

In Panels such as the Project Panel and Puppet Panel, Character Animator organizes information via "tree" structure.

It allows a user to drill into detailed information by clicking the expand icon (right arrow while closed) or to hide the detailed information by clicking the same icon again (down arrow while open).

However, these operations only work on a single node in the tree, so it can be time consuming to achieve the desired view.

It would be useful to support a "Collapse All" command, perhaps via a right-click content menu. This would close all selected nodes, but also close all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Puppet Panel, show which layers have Tags

Character Animator currently has icon columns in the Puppet Panel that show if a layer has Handles, Behaviours or Triggers associated.

I would also like to see if a layer has Tags associated. I would suggest adding a fourth column to the Puppet Panel.

If the number of columns is a concern, you could give the user the ability to hide / show columns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to resize and recolour Handles

I have problems seeing the Handles.

I've tried zooming in, but Handles remain at the same size.

Could you add the ability to change size and colour in Preferences please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Light Theme Interface for Eye Health

Can you please add a light theme interface so I am not straining my eyes to work in Character Animator? This black/dark theme is particularly a problem in an office with sunlight and is causing my eyes to become sore. Adding this option for a lighter theme or just more control will help my eyes working on Character Animator. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the clip when you use the mouse wheel

Change the clip when you use the scroll button on your mouse

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to parent takes to each other so they move and scale together

When recording multiple takes that using (using face behaviour for example) it would be nice to have the ability to parent or group takes so they can be moved and scaled at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Project panel: folders should not open automatically when drag something onto it

I f you drag something onto a folder inside the Project panel the folder should not open automatically.
    (Only if you stay on the folder with the dragged object/cursor)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make the anchor point visible

since you don't see the anchor point you have to guess where it is.
    Thats not so convenient.
    Please make the anchor point visible as long as you change the value in the properties panel.
    (Or even better than two x/y prameters: add a crosshair-cursor to place the anchor point with one click)
    tnx :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "satellite" app for iPad for Trigger-Buttons

Control via Midi-Controller ist great – but I dream of a small "satellite" app on my iPad for Trigger buttons as a remote control :)))
    So I could create my own little dashboard.
    Later you could add several Button "Skins" for different button-types, Styles, different functions, colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base