Skip to content

Character Animator

ANNOUNCEMENT — This forum has been moved

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas. To improve communications between you and the Character Animator team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Character Animator page on the Adobe Support Community. Feature requests and bugs will live separately in that forum.

Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please re-post it on our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Introduce a shy (like in AE) option in the timeline layer stack to focus on specific layers.

In some cases it would be nice to be able to work on just one visible layer in the timeline. A shy option like in After Effects would help you decide what layers should be active in a certain moment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Behavior Strength Percentage

An overall "Strength" parameter for behaviors. I have some eyebrows that are going to high in my position take. Just take the behavior strength down to compensate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sirr Less responded

While we don’t have a “global” strength setting for behaviors, eyebrow strength is a parameter in face behavior. See your properties panel.

3. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Character Animator needs documentation and logical tools for people who make puppets

Character Animator needs documentation and logical tools for people who make puppets. It currently is the worst workflow I have every experienced.

Trying to do anything innovative and outside the specs of the premade puppets is a freaking nightmare. It's like navigating a landmine without a metal detector. 90% of my time is trying logical processes that end up failing almost everytime. Spending weeks to get simple processes to work together like walk and limb ik is just a struggle because the CA team didn't account for the fact that users would want a puppet with several behaviors together.

Unfortunately…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. zooming in and out -timeline

zooming in and out in the timeline is very slow and bulky

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simplify and focus on key core features

Not having a solid solution for mirroring quarters and profiles without breaking lefts and rights makes intricate puppets a frigging nightmare to build, test, and iterate. These tools and workflow seem like an afterthought and it makes sense why even Dave Werner doesnt make advanced head turns or use illustrator for rigging. He knows what a nightmare it is. This is unacceptable as a professional tool and may be why you're leaning to premade puppet consumer grade nonsense for tiktokers with the new motion library ****. Make better documentation and focus on better puppet building workflows. Please. Otherwise the free…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Motion Library: "Record One Motion" button is slightly confusing for me

Hello. I think it's a little confusing for me with the "Record One Motion" button. It isn't really clear how to continuously record a loop motion (unless you record one motion and then drag the layer out on the timeline). In this instance, I'm trying to use it to create a dance loop.

I think there should also be a "Record a continuous looped motion" or a "Record loop throughout Work area" button to compliment that button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have not been able to switch to pro mode in over a week! I have the entire adobe suite subscription! This is getting very disappointing!

I have not been able to switch to pro mode in over a week! I have the entire adobe suite subscription! This is getting very disappointing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. タイムラインにレイヤーのフォルダ機能を追加してほしい。

複数キャラの収録の際レイヤーが多くなりすぎてしまうためタイムラインが見にくいのと、仕上げのためにバラ音声ファイルを書き出す際にも一つ一つ表示非表示を切り替えなくてはならないため不便だと感じます。

そのため、フォルダ機能かAeのプリコンポーズのような機能があるとありがたいです。

ご検討のほどよろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Characterizer let pick 1088 in stead of 1080 for resolution

I think it's a mistake. HD is 1080, not 1088.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert Frames into Timeline

It would be useful if the user could insert frames into the timeline (similar to Adobe Animate) so that it is easier to edit a recording in the likely event that new dialog needs to be inserted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. edit camera triggers

Hi, can you please add an option to edit camera triggers after creating them? I wish i could just double click on camera in the timeline and edit it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ERROR HELP

Every time i click record.. push stop, an error message immediately pops up! Can anyone assist with this???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add editing sticky notes to scenes

I'd like to be able to use some kind of notes system, like sticky notes, on the parts of scenes that need editing, and to also see all these notes compiled in a sidebar of the scene.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smaller icons, half-grid snap in control panel and more...

It would be nice if there were a size slider for icons in the control panel. Or at least three size options in the context menu.

I use a midi keyboard, so it would also be nice if icons could snap to a half grid space so it would be a little easier to lay things out like a keyboard.

Also, it would be nice if icons in the control panel would take the same color as the labels in the triggers panel. Or at least be able to assign colors to icons individually or in groups.

Also, it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actualización Character Animator.

Hola... no se porqué no logro tener acceso a la actualización de Character Animator... la última que me aparece en las opciones es 4.2 pero no aparece la 4.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Puppets and Scenes in Project Window

I hope if the puppets were sorted with each other and the scenes were sorted with each other and not combined the puppets and scenes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. During playback it would be nice if we could see the audio levels

After recording the take(s) it would be nice to see the audio meters on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the love of the deity of your choice, PLEASE point me to a basic explanation of how to use the Nutcracker Jaw behavior.

The link to the Nutcracker Jaw behavior tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behavior.html#Nutcracker) (and all other subtutorials on the Behaviors page) is broken (circular link back to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/user-guide.html/adobe-character-animator/using/welcome.ug.html). In general, please create a good-old User Manual that explains each and every Behavior, in writing, as a reference point. Ch is an awesome product, and Dave Werner's tutorial videos are stellar. If I'm missing the obvious, where's a link to such a User Guide? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Character Animator

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base