Skip to content

Character Animator

ANNOUNCEMENT — This forum has been moved

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas. To improve communications between you and the Character Animator team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Character Animator page on the Adobe Support Community. Feature requests and bugs will live separately in that forum.

Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please re-post it on our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. The ability to invert the mask and choose would be huge.

Ive seen others mention something like this before but it would be huge to be able to invert the clipping mask. Every other adobe program has this ability so Im guessing this is an issue to be fixed more than a feature request. The work arounds necessary because this doesnt exist are so time consuming, if they work at all.
    Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Visual indication when latch mode trigger is active

In Character Animator (v3.4), it is sometimes difficult to tell which latch-mode triggers are active.

This makes it hard to get the puppet back into its default mode, especially when multiple latch triggers are active simultaneously.

It would be very useful if activated latch triggers in the Trigger Panel could visually indicate their state (by changing color for instance).

In addition, currently buttons in the Controls Panel flash briefly when clicked. For latch triggers, it would make sense for them to remain highlighted (or some other visual indication, like a highlighted border) for the entire time the trigger is active.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. dragging the timeline horizontally by press spacebar

Adding a hand-tool (press spacebar, just like in AE) to drag the timeline horizontally. Thats a convenient way to navigate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Label the replays (color and names) along with the triggers assigned to them.

It is kinda weird that the replays don't have the same name or color label.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Timeline Improvements

Can he timeline navigation be more consistent with AE or Premiere please? Be great if we could drag over the time line and have the timeline"zoom" interface element in the same place.

Also, to be able to change the colour of the takes and layers on the timeline as with AE and Prem would be more than handy. It's all a little confusing and difficult to work in at the moment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Viseme order when pasting into AE

The information available on how to do this is, at best, incomplete and at worst, wrong.

Referring to the page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-character-animator/using/export.html#LipSyncTakeexportforAfterEffects
    Step #2 says to create a comp with the visemes "matching the order of visemes in Character Animator’s Visemes context menu" and gives an example of the order being Neutral, Aa, D "and so on".
    The problem is that in Character Animator (current version 2.11) the viseme order in the context menu is different. See screenshot.

Just to complicate things, the layer order of the visemes in the default head PSD is different again.

So… which is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make example puppets easily accessible after starting a new project

When you first open Character Animator you are given a list of example puppets, but it's not easy to go back to that menu after selecting one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sirr Less responded

Have you pressed the little home icon in the top left of your screen?

8. Scale Track Height (Premiere Style)

Would be nice to be able to scale the track size vertically in the timeline like Premiere's behavior.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When in the scene timeline mode, add a quick shortcut for dragging on empty space: Right mouse button

As far as I can see I can't find the option to make a shortcut for just dragging around the timeline (similar to the hand/drag tool in Premiere); I saw the "M" thing, but it doesn't seem to be that responsive. It would be sweet if you could right click on an empty space in your scene timeline and that would just drag the entire timeline. Adversely, it could be ctrl+ click, or alt+ click. Just the option would be nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re Ordering Layers

The ability to Drag layers into different groups or change the groups hierarchy would be incredibly useful since cha looses rigging sometimes when changing psd files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. app freezes on any command, lip sync no longer works, media imports as puppet instead of scenes, this app is falling apart

focus less on cross-app integration, and more on getting the app to work in the first place. these bugs are unacceptable when work has deadlines

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a (TTS) text to speech program with animated voices that have emotions and personality

Add a (TTS) text to speech program with animated voices that have emotions and personalities. There are two that are viable and the ones that are cost a fortune and they still sound like the voice of someone on lithium. We need this more than ever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple scenes open as tabs in timeline panel

Make the timeline panel behave as it does in After Effects and allow multiple scenes to be open and available at once.
    Of course, you'd need to improve CA's woeful copy and paste functionality to make moving between scenes actually worthwhile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Load my own example puppets

I would like to be able to see all of the puppet files I have created and/or downloaded to show up in the EXAMPLE PUPPETS section (maybe add a new tab for this). Is that possible? If not, can this feature be added?

It would be nice to be able to see an image of each puppet I have on file so that it would be easier when choosing one to use (instead of having to remember what they look like).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exporting Scene and Project for Archiving (including ONLY required files)

There are so many "Bad" takes, and when I delete a take the TAKE file is not removed. I can't delete the takes, because there is no east way I can find to determine if they are used or not.

For many reasons, it would be great to be able to export a Scene with all, but only, the assets that are required for that scene. PERFECT for archival purposes. Much like a puppet file, but a scene. Same goes for a project file! I don't want a copy of all the junk files that are no longer used. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to parent takes to each other so they move and scale together

When recording multiple takes that using (using face behaviour for example) it would be nice to have the ability to parent or group takes so they can be moved and scaled at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "satellite" app for iPad for Trigger-Buttons

Control via Midi-Controller ist great – but I dream of a small "satellite" app on my iPad for Trigger buttons as a remote control :)))
    So I could create my own little dashboard.
    Later you could add several Button "Skins" for different button-types, Styles, different functions, colors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On Screen Transformation

Would it be very helpful to directly move the puppet from the preview scene without having to do the old way of adjusting position, rotation, and scale from the transform control? Just like in After Effects, a mini version of Photoshop transform mode.

And moreover, I think it's better to have "Space" button work as navigator in Record mode just like in Rig mode, instead of as play button. Maybe "Shift + Space" can be used as the alternative of play button in Record mode.

And lastly, is it just me, or the navigation hand (space button held) sometimes not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. introduce ability to categorise puppet track behaviors

I think it would help if we were able to sort out the Puppet track behavior by category. So been able to cluster all the Triggers, Walks, Headturns etc. that exist in the scene.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Character Animator

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base