Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Viseme order when pasting into AE

The information available on how to do this is, at best, incomplete and at worst, wrong.

Referring to the page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-character-animator/using/export.html#LipSyncTakeexportforAfterEffects
    Step #2 says to create a comp with the visemes "matching the order of visemes in Character Animator’s Visemes context menu" and gives an example of the order being Neutral, Aa, D "and so on".
    The problem is that in Character Animator (current version 2.11) the viseme order in the context menu is different. See screenshot.

Just to complicate things, the layer order of the visemes in the default head PSD is different again.

So… which is the…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make example puppets easily accessible after starting a new project

When you first open Character Animator you are given a list of example puppets, but it's not easy to go back to that menu after selecting one.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep Audio Track Visible.

Would be really helpful to have the audio track locked so it doesn't scroll in the Timeline. Keeping the waveform visible even when scrolling up and down.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Keyboard Triggers

Open up the other keys on a keyboard to be used for triggers. Especially the Function Keys. Also, would be great to be able to add a modifier on triggers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. user experience

Greetings: My name is Ken Wampler, I've been a member since 8/28/2015. I don't have a suggestion for software changes for CA (not currently anyway), but for user experience. I've been working on a video for sometime now and I have two charactors which I have done the voices for. I have a need for third charactor which I chose the Caufman charactor to play because he could walk. I needed a voice actor for this and went to fiverr.com for this. I was disappointed with the results. I now see the difficulty in getting good voice matches.
    You have…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to have you with us for so long! That’s a great suggestion, Ken. We’ll keep it in mind. In the meantime, while Character Animator doesn’t have our own site dedicated to user creations, there are many user groups online and we do have a Character Animator Forum at:
    https://forums.adobe.com/community/character-animator .

May be a good discussion to start there and get some other folks in the community to help identify the right location for the idea. But, we’ll think about it too.

6. Puppet App Player

I sell a lot of puppets, but I, and many other designers, could sell ALOT more if the customer didnt have to sign up for CH to operate the puppet. Bare with me, I have a solution. Its not only the cost, but some people find using the software difficult if they are not use to PC.MAC based programs, many today are use to using simple to load and play apps. What I propose is you build an app player that could operate .puppet files. I am not saying do it for free. Sell it for $50, I can get…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CLIP LABELS

Would be nice to have the tracks labeled in the Timeline. The triggers are labeled.

Sure would make it easier to find which track is which.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade

Bug Report - using left and right arrows no longer causes the Sticky character to walk since latest upgrade. It was working fine before upgrade, but as soon as I upgraded, it no longer works.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this occur even if you create a new scene with Sticky by choosing it from the Start workspace?

Is the Scene or Timeline panel focused when you’re pressing the Left/Right Arrow keys?

Which version of macOS or Windows are you on?

Also, if adjusting the Walk Strength to around 80% works, it might’ve been due to a change in 2.1 for existing projects that have Walk in it. Importing the Sticky example puppet fresh in 2.1 probably doesn’t have this issue.

Thanks.

9. Alternative to black program interface

Could Character Animator please offer an alternative interface colour ('light') to the black interface - just as Photoshop does, for example. Depending on the time of day, weather etc. it can be really hard to see some screen elements for my setup.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug report, I cannot pin my characters to the ground.

Bug report. My characters will not pin to the ground and I cannot find a solution, I've been stuck for days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you have Fixed-tagged handles (e.g., created with the Pin tool) on the mesh that the legs/feet are on? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the puppet’s structure (layers list with the group that contains the Fixed handles selected) in the Puppet panel?

11. I want to create Scripts to Character Animator, is it possible?

Where is SDK documentation? CEP PANELS? JSX add-ons?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Criador de Caracteres

Inicio o Criador de Caracteres em meu mac, ele fala a primeira frase para fazer uma expressão neutra e para por aí.

Há algo que possa fazer para corrigir este erro ?

Obrigado

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DOUBLE CLICK TO RESET THE SLIDERS

Premiere Pro has an option to reset the sliders of Lumetri Color when you hit twice on them.

Your developing team could add this functionality to all the sliders of all the effects of all the Adobe video & audio apps.

It could be awesome ;)

TKS, Adobe

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Behavior Strength Percentage

An overall "Strength" parameter for behaviors. I have some eyebrows that are going to high in my position take. Just take the behavior strength down to compensate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Isolate Parameters When Selected

When a take is selected in the timeline, just the parameters for the clip(s) are shown, eliminating the hunt for the specified parameter.

Deselect clip(s) to show all parameters.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm, does the menu bar say “Version 2.0” or “Version 2.0.1”?

If it says “Version 1.1”, “Version 1.1.1”, or “Version 1.5”, what is your OS version? Here are the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html

If it says “Version 1.0.6” or earlier, you are using the Beta or Preview version of Character Animator. There is a separate “Character Animator CC” entry in the Creative Cloud application to install, separate from “Character Animator CC (Beta)”.

17. Folders in Trigger Panel

When there are a lot of triggers/swap sets on a puppet, working in the trigger panel gets unwieldy, It would help if we could create folders in which to put triggers already made, just like we can create folders in the Project panel to tidy it up when it gets crowded.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can I create my own character with Kyle's brushes?

I find character easy to use but I don't like working with a template. I want to feel some ownership in my ideas. Can you create your own character with Kyle's brushes to create the same effect? Wouldn't it be neat if you make Character Animation blend with Adobe Rush somehow?

I was thinking the templates would be customizable like in Adobe XD.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BACKSPACE BUTTON NEXT TO THE PLAY BUTTON

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator and Audition should have this button, as Cinema 4D has. It's a great tool to do an inverted reproduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scale Track Height (Premiere Style)

Would be nice to be able to scale the track size vertically in the timeline like Premiere's behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base