Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SO BUGGY.....WHY?

Used to work fine, now all of the sudden this is SO BUGGY... just watch the QT mov clips. Things flickering, eyeballs disappear then come back...so much weird things happening.
    And I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking that was the problem... but guess NOT... please help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. interface background color

The interface color NEEDS to have options! It is way, way too dark! !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Actualización Character Animator.

Hola... no se porqué no logro tener acceso a la actualización de Character Animator... la última que me aparece en las opciones es 4.2 pero no aparece la 4.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Puppets and Scenes in Project Window

I hope if the puppets were sorted with each other and the scenes were sorted with each other and not combined the puppets and scenes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a visible (grey) stopwatch to parameters that can be keyframed

Like in After Effects I think it would be beneficial to see at once which parameters can be animated via keyframes with grey stop watch icons that are visible all the time and not only with mouse over.

As Dave says in the tutorial video for key framing it is a bit of a “trial and error thing” – you want to make it easier for users as character animation is a lot of work already. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Exporting Scene and Project for Archiving (including ONLY required files)

There are so many "Bad" takes, and when I delete a take the TAKE file is not removed. I can't delete the takes, because there is no east way I can find to determine if they are used or not.

For many reasons, it would be great to be able to export a Scene with all, but only, the assets that are required for that scene. PERFECT for archival purposes. Much like a puppet file, but a scene. Same goes for a project file! I don't want a copy of all the junk files that are no longer used. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improving user interface

The user interface color desperately needs to have the flexibility to change like in other Adobe programs. The black background is way too dark!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Frame by frame by arrow key!

Pleaseee

Make it like Premiere Pro! The arrow key is to move frame by frame through the timeline:(

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. During playback it would be nice if we could see the audio levels

After recording the take(s) it would be nice to see the audio meters on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For the love of the deity of your choice, PLEASE point me to a basic explanation of how to use the Nutcracker Jaw behavior.

The link to the Nutcracker Jaw behavior tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behavior.html#Nutcracker) (and all other subtutorials on the Behaviors page) is broken (circular link back to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/user-guide.html/adobe-character-animator/using/welcome.ug.html). In general, please create a good-old User Manual that explains each and every Behavior, in writing, as a reference point. Ch is an awesome product, and Dave Werner's tutorial videos are stellar. If I'm missing the obvious, where's a link to such a User Guide? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. dragging the timeline horizontally by press spacebar

Adding a hand-tool (press spacebar, just like in AE) to drag the timeline horizontally. Thats a convenient way to navigate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to invert the mask and choose would be huge.

Ive seen others mention something like this before but it would be huge to be able to invert the clipping mask. Every other adobe program has this ability so Im guessing this is an issue to be fixed more than a feature request. The work arounds necessary because this doesnt exist are so time consuming, if they work at all.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visual indication when latch mode trigger is active

In Character Animator (v3.4), it is sometimes difficult to tell which latch-mode triggers are active.

This makes it hard to get the puppet back into its default mode, especially when multiple latch triggers are active simultaneously.

It would be very useful if activated latch triggers in the Trigger Panel could visually indicate their state (by changing color for instance).

In addition, currently buttons in the Controls Panel flash briefly when clicked. For latch triggers, it would make sense for them to remain highlighted (or some other visual indication, like a highlighted border) for the entire time the trigger is active.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No (obvious) way to remove trigger from a layer

Repro steps:

1. Think like a user/newbie.
    2. Create a new project and import Blank.
    3. Go into rig mode.
    4. Add a trigger to any body part.
    5. Add a behaviour to that same part.
    6. Right-click the lego/gear icon for that body part.
    7. Notice that there's a 'remove all behaviours' option in the context menu.
    8. Right-click the trigger icon for the same body part.

Notice that there's no corresponding way to remove all triggers from that body part exposed in the menu.

In addition to creating a bit of an asymmetry between one part of the user experience and another, it looks as if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Load my own example puppets

I would like to be able to see all of the puppet files I have created and/or downloaded to show up in the EXAMPLE PUPPETS section (maybe add a new tab for this). Is that possible? If not, can this feature be added?

It would be nice to be able to see an image of each puppet I have on file so that it would be easier when choosing one to use (instead of having to remember what they look like).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Project panel: folders should not open automatically when drag something onto it

I f you drag something onto a folder inside the Project panel the folder should not open automatically.
    (Only if you stay on the folder with the dragged object/cursor)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to resize and recolour Handles

I have problems seeing the Handles.

I've tried zooming in, but Handles remain at the same size.

Could you add the ability to change size and colour in Preferences please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "satellite" app for iPad for Trigger-Buttons

Control via Midi-Controller ist great – but I dream of a small "satellite" app on my iPad for Trigger buttons as a remote control :)))
    So I could create my own little dashboard.
    Later you could add several Button "Skins" for different button-types, Styles, different functions, colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to change some menu shortcuts. For example ; Compute 2 Lip sync

I want to change some menu shortcuts.
    For example; I want to add a shortcut to Compute 2 Lip sync command

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be very helpful if we could enter into groups to edit elements within.

Currently, if I want to edit a single element within a group I have to ungroup everything, edit the parameter, then regroup everything. It all happens within the layout control view so it gets very messy. My grouped content can have 30 parameters so finding each element that I want to then regroup is tedious among all the other controls that dont get grouped. Then, once I regroup it, I need to rename the new group each time again.
    The ability to simply enter into the group, edit what I want and exit the group would be far superior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base