Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple mic input and camera

It would be good if you could use multiple mics and cameras within 1 scene, this would be handy if you are creating a talk style show with a generic guest, we could use the audio feed to run the lip sync of a generic guest character while we continue to run the lip sync of our character at the same time. This could be done by bringing in a skype call and allowing the guest to control the character remotely

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow CH puppet to create live track inside Adobe Rush (on iPad)

Related to streaming, it would be great if I could create a puppet on desktop but create a recording using the puppet on my iPad. I can author a video on my iPad using Adobe Rush which is pretty nice, but I had to give up using my puppet as the show host.

Yeah, this sounds hard. I guess more realistic is creating a video file and uploading to desktop. There is that separate request to allow a video as the background so you can use the timeline to move forward/backwards and animate over the top (keeping the animation in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. adobe animator puppet doesn't work under when alt tabbed running in background

how do I make it so the puppet still moves when it is running in the background?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In the Camera & Microphone panel’s menu (click the three short horizontal lines next to the panel’s name to open the menu), make sure the Pause Camera & Microphone When Application in Background option is unchecked.

4. Sub Perks for CH Extension

Subscriber benefits for the extension. Basically Subs either have access to certain triggers exclusively and they can have different prices. (such as it costs bits for regular people to trigger but for subs it's free)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Output to Virtual Camera

It would be nice to have the option to output a scene in realtime as a 'virtual camera', so that it can be properly imported into streaming programs such as OBS.

As of now, my current method is to use "Window Capture" of Character Animator, but it captures all of the GUI as well, and it's kind of laggy on a Mac computer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OBS can take an NDI and Syphon (mac only) input so there is no need for a screen scrape. You also get alpha that way for compositing in the app. NDI is a separate plugin that you download from their site. In Ch, go to the preferences and turn on Syphon/NDI to begin using it.

6. Webcam using my own phone (using Droidcam or IP Webcam)

My webcam is messed up (very blurry because i put on a tape on it before)

I want to suggest if I can use my phone as a webcam. Droidcam is what I use (using USB), I hope Character Animator detects it too although I know that it is not listed in the 'Camera' or 'Imaging devices' in Device Manager.

I am really hoping for this to be added.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream via Instagram Live

I want to stream my character on Instagram Live.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting to quickly switch between different backgrounds & character during performance

I would like to incorporate multiple backgrounds and characters during a live presentation, to create the look of a two-way conversation as seen on TV and film. I want to be able to switch backgrounds every time a new character speaks, and have both the new character and background appear onscreen.

I can currently achieve background switching by stacking multiple backgrounds in the timeline and then manually fading the opacity of the background(s) on top, but it is slow, manual, and very clear to the audience what is going on.

On a similar note, switching out the characters is currently…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base