Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow behaviours applied to empty groups

I use Photoshop "templates" to create multiple puppets that re-use the same pre-configured rigging structure.

My technique is to create a template puppet in Photoshop that is comprised only of layer groups. I can then tag the groups and apply behaviours as needed in order to "pre-rig" the entire template.

Then to create a puppet, I make a copy of the template and drag my artwork layers into the appropriate layer groups.

I can then import my "pre-rigged" template puppet, switch the artwork file to my new puppet and all the tags and behaviours are maintained.

However, the problem is…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to remove all tags from a layer or group

It is often useful to un-tag a layer, or a number of selected layers, en-masse.

This is helpful when layer naming triggers auto-tagging in error, or if multiple tags have been applied by the user in error.

A simple right-click->"Clear All Tags" in the Puppet Panel would do the trick.

If a single layer is selected, clear all tags from that layer.

If multiple layers are selected, all tags should be removed from all selected layers.

If a group is selected, all layers and groups contained in the group should have their tags cleared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to flag layer as "ignored" with prefix

Character Animator currently supports flagging a layer as independent by prefixing it with a '+' character.

I would like to suggest a new prefix (suggest '~') that tells Character Animator to ignore layers and groups while importing / updating artwork.

I often have layers and groups in my artwork file (psd or ai) that I want to keep for editing purposes (a color palette layer is one example), but do not want them "seen" by Character Animator.

As it stands, Character Animator searches all layers for auto-tagging and behaviour inclusion, and I have no way to control this process.

That…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Swappable limbs from behind to the front of body

At the moment the characters arms and hands have to be either rigged to be in front or behind the body. There are times when we need to be able to move the arms and hands to go behind and then also go in from of the body

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prevent Head Movements from effecting the body and arm movements

When the head moves, the body and arms move also.
    We should be able to move the head without the arms shaking or moving also. It does not look right. The Head should move independently of the body or at least have the choice to keep the body, arms and legs still when the head moves.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Parallax Improvements

I need to have more control over the parallax feature. As I've seen suggested multiple times here, the ultimate solution would be something like Joysticks and Sliders- the script for AE from aescripts.com. If that's not possible, I'd at least like control over X and Y strength. I really just want X movement, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control this.
    I'd also like the option of being able to drag the parallax around with the mouse rather than having to turn my head. In practice, physically turning your head to the side is pretty hard if…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. May we have negative movement for a nutcracker jaw

It would be useful to have negatice setting for the nutcracker jaw to animate for example an upper jaw or mouth as seen here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/how-to-animate-a-hand-drawn-animal/m-p/11405659?page=1

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhanced Display of Rigging: show/hide tags, behaviors, by filter(e.g. handles w/tags)

I am constantly fighting with the rigging UX so many things that should be just simple and easy, are difficult. Compounded with the fact that tags often overlay pins it can be very frustrating.

1) Ability to turn on/off the display of tags/behaviors so that I can see only handles or sticks.
    I draw the rig in illustrator in a sepearate hierarchy so I can trace over it, manipulate it etc, and most importantly MIRROR it! much easier to do that way than manually trying to implement the sticks and handles in all the right places. I also color code…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Smoothing out the image transformation

I would like to see a smooth change in facial expression due to the transformation of the image.
    It is a function of "LIVE2D" software, like an "art mesh".

Please visit https://docs.live2d.com/cubism-editor-manual/concept-of-artmesh/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Blendshapes for Limbs

I come from a 3D background and for rirgging whenever we have a shape that bends in an undesirable shape we create blendshapes, which is a shape that morphs from one shape to another when the control moves toward that particular problem area.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. where is the limb IK tool??? i have the last version, but i only see the old arm IK.

where is the limb IK tool??? i have the last version, but i only see the old arm IK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limbs

Could we have native sort of limbs (rubber hose style). It would be amazing to have a button that automatically creates limbs we can customise and then ready to rig and animate.

To me it would be natural for such a software to have that feature. Cavalry has for example

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Limb IK - more control to multiple legs.

I have a Dog character and would be great that the Limb IK could add more than 2 legs. This new feature is amazing but I need this "ground detection" for the 4 legs.Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto-merge Triggers

I have 2 different swap sets of hand poses, namely the right hand and the left hand. Both swap groups has the same hand poses. However I would like to have it in one trigger swap set, instead of two. I can do this by creating swap set of, as example, the right hand, then manually move individual hand poses from the left hand group to the right hand swap set. It's a lot of work. Is it possible just to create for both hand groups its own swap set, then in the trigger panel, I drag either hand swap…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Precise Rigging

I'm kinda perfectionist, so here we go.

I would love it to have Character Animator has more control in Stick and Handle. Like the length of the stick, the rotation, and position. I want a precise and even position and rotation of the stick, for example, on both hands. And so the handle position too. I want it to be precisely positioned for both right and left arm.

Who else with me fellow perfectionist?:D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Swap Set / Layer Picker flow between intermediaries

Please enable a feature on layer picker or swap sets where it works just like a swap set, but it also plays the layers between each trigger to arrive at the new held frame.

So if I had a group with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in it, If I pressed 5, it would play 1,2,3,4,5 and hold on 5 (if latched for example) then if I hit 7, it would play 6,7 and hold on 7. Then if I hit 2, it would play 6,5,4,3,2 and hold on 2 etc.

If there was a default layer, then if a trigger wasn’t latched it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cycle through swap set with one trigger

Can we just use the default swap set shortcut (first one in the list) and cycle through each swap set if others haven't been assigned. That would be a quick implementation right?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like you have three of the triggers in the Body Position swap set set as latched. Just curious, if don’t make them latched, does it make that momentary view switch no longer occur?

If you’re still having trouble resolving the issue, and are willing to share a copy of the puppet with us to diagnose, feel free to send an exported puppet (File > Export > Puppet) for the puppet and we can try to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Thanks.

19. Fixing the problem

No ridding and fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chainable independent objects

I love to be able to have an independent Hand connect to an independent forearm to an independent upper arm. etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base