Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fixed size (without stretching, but with the ability to drag) Hands - brachium, antebrachium(Forearm) Foot -femur, crus.

I saw the option "OK hands", but still the character is stretched like an elastic band. I would like to give a parameter forbidding the bones to open: Hands - shoulder, front of the shoulder (forearm), foot - thigh, lower leg.

There were times when the elbow jumped when recording animations across the screen. (ate not put a point on the elbow)

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

@Иланна Марченко I’m not sure how to answer the question. Placing sticks (bones) in the arm along with tags for elbow and shoulder will allow you to apply a behavior called ‘Arm IK’. Parameters there will allow you to adjust maximum stretch and adjust point at which elbow bends. A wrist tag with a draggable behavior will allow you to drag the arm. Does that help?

2. Auto-merge Triggers

I have 2 different swap sets of hand poses, namely the right hand and the left hand. Both swap groups has the same hand poses. However I would like to have it in one trigger swap set, instead of two. I can do this by creating swap set of, as example, the right hand, then manually move individual hand poses from the left hand group to the right hand swap set. It's a lot of work. Is it possible just to create for both hand groups its own swap set, then in the trigger panel, I drag either hand swap…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate Rigging

If you have characters in similar size - choose to copy rigging elements from one character to another. Or have the ability to copy rigging elements onto a new character and make refinements if needed

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like you have three of the triggers in the Body Position swap set set as latched. Just curious, if don’t make them latched, does it make that momentary view switch no longer occur?

If you’re still having trouble resolving the issue, and are willing to share a copy of the puppet with us to diagnose, feel free to send an exported puppet (File > Export > Puppet) for the puppet and we can try to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Thanks.

5. Replay Hold Markers

Please make replays open-able on their own timeline, and allow a hold marker, where the animation holds until the trigger is released and then it can play the remaining outro animation after the hold marker.

Also if the replay is 5 minutes long with a short outro animation, if I trigger it for 5 seconds, and then let go, it should either end immediately or have the option to skip right to the end animation.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. copy/paste and re-scale all selected rigging

Once you have a decent rig on one character, the task of doing this again on a similarly constructed character is super cumbersome.

It would be hugely helpful if you could select groups of pins and sticks and manipulate them as a group (mirror, scale, rotate, free-distort)

You can copy/paste, but you have to select pins and sticks one by one. NEED marquee selection of pins/sticks.

Then with groups of pins/sticks selected, you should be able to mirror/scale/stretch/rotate/free-distort the locations of these pins/sticks.

I think this would massively accelerate the adaptation of a rig from one character to another.

you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. attach character to ground

How can I fix my character to the ground? ,I've tried all all manner of pinning, sticking, adding fixed tags, changing layout and all I need is to get this guy to stop floating so I can start my actual project, the fact that this is the default int his program is very frustrating. Namely when his head tilts, everything below his neck swings the other way like a windsock.I've attached images of where my rig is at right now, any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto Rig

Auto rig feature where it detects and compiles the rigging for you (option to make minor adjustments)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Parenting Like in After Effects

Am I not familiar enough with Character Animator or what, but here's my problem:

I have a little experience in After Effects before. There is a thing called "parenting"

It means I can parent layer "b" to another layer "a", and hence everytime layer a is moved layer b will follow that layer a movement. However I cannot find such option in Character Animator. A layer can only parent to its own group, and cannot parent to another layer outside its group. For example say a hair in the back of the head group and body group.

It looks like…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limb IK - more control to multiple legs.

I have a Dog character and would be great that the Limb IK could add more than 2 legs. This new feature is amazing but I need this "ground detection" for the 4 legs.Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IK legs that allow you to move the legs without moving the rest of the body

Right now I tried to put an IK arm set up on the legs. It somewhat works, but if I rotate my head the whole body moves. To prevent it, I have to move the foot dragger and set it to stay wherever I move it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Precise Rigging

I'm kinda perfectionist, so here we go.

I would love it to have Character Animator has more control in Stick and Handle. Like the length of the stick, the rotation, and position. I want a precise and even position and rotation of the stick, for example, on both hands. And so the handle position too. I want it to be precisely positioned for both right and left arm.

Who else with me fellow perfectionist?:D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Swap Set / Layer Picker flow between intermediaries

Please enable a feature on layer picker or swap sets where it works just like a swap set, but it also plays the layers between each trigger to arrive at the new held frame.

So if I had a group with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in it, If I pressed 5, it would play 1,2,3,4,5 and hold on 5 (if latched for example) then if I hit 7, it would play 6,7 and hold on 7. Then if I hit 2, it would play 6,5,4,3,2 and hold on 2 etc.

If there was a default layer, then if a trigger wasn’t latched it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Being able to copy ALL parameters from one puppet and apply it to another

It would be great if you could copy and paste all rigging and other parameters from one puppet to another. Say you're creating minions, each slightly different looking from the others, but largely the same. Hours could be saved if you didn't have to rig each.

And if there were then a couple of issues that needed to be adjusted due to the unique properties of one (say he's only got one eye), that would still be much quicker.

Martin

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. full body tracking and using pre-recorded video in lieu of live

Hi

I see that you can now do full body tracking in Maxon Cinema 4D
    https://www.maxon.net/en-us/news/maxon-news/article/introducing-moves-by-maxon/
    Is Adobe Character likely to create something similar, even if it only tracks head/face, eyes, mouth, hands, hips and feet?

What is also useful, is that the original camera info can be pre-recorded rather than live, so a client, actor, director can send you a clip of what they have in mind. Even stock foortage could be used a bit like MoCap.

Thanks

Simon

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fluid 360 head and body turns on y-axis

Hi

I am still learning, so I apologise in advance if this is already possible.
    Is there a way to create more fluid head and body turns, a bit like what can be achieved using https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/?
    Currently the solution seems to be to make more layers in Photoshop/Illustrator in-between similar to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8_R6kRgj8 This is as far as I have gotten https://sagesoftware.box.com/s/jsqxyuvp2n6cm3mnd5dl92u5ymq0nrpx

Is it also possible to do a full 360 rotation of body on Y-axis? I assume there will also need to be rigging layer flips/re-ordering to achieve this?

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cycle through swap set with one trigger

Can we just use the default swap set shortcut (first one in the list) and cycle through each swap set if others haven't been assigned. That would be a quick implementation right?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fixing the problem

No ridding and fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chainable independent objects

I love to be able to have an independent Hand connect to an independent forearm to an independent upper arm. etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rigging and animating less complicated, please!

Rigging is much too complicated. I'd like to have handle bars or slider in order to move the marionette, I'd like to fix the head on the neck and to have the neck squeezing while the head stays in it's form, I'd like to hang arms to the body like in AE, I'd like to animate walk cycles instead of capturing something by the camera, I'd like to squash and sqeeze by mouse.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base