Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Virtual Webcams, and USB EOS Webcam not detected by Character Animator

I have a USB camera using EOS Webcam Utility as its driver. Many other applications on my computer can find and use this webcam with no problem (such as zoom, skype, chrome, default camera app, OBS studio, etc...) however character animator can not find this camera.

Also, OBS studio is running virtual-cams that are also seen by every application (see list above) except character animator.

System info
        Application: Character Animator v3.3.1.6
        OS: Windows v10.0.18363, RAM: 31.94 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change the pitch of the recorded voice

I think it will be a function to add color to the work when one person plays multiple roles. I want an effect that just changes the pitch, like premiere pro, instead of changing the speed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Onion behaviors

A double toggle or transparency of when certain behaviors are enabled. i.e; "Triggers". Show like an onion skin of both on and off effects. Similar to the snapshot feature but instead it transparent throughout the entire timeline. The "dragger" behavior would definitely benefit from this.

Or better yet, a second "scene" window showing all the animation if all the behaviors were toggled off and another with the behaviors toggled on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjust the playback speed of Replays

Say you record a replay of a puppet dancing, but you want to use it in a song that has a different tempo. Wouldn't that be possible if you added a speed adjustment option, like in Walk Cycle?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: Waiting for camera forever on mac mojave

On Mojave (10.14.3), the camera doesn't work: It is "Waiting for camera" forever. The green light next to the camera comes on, but CA stays waiting. I've tried all the ideas found in google searches:
    - I can't change to the next camera (there's only 1).
    - I have given permission to the camera, and even rebooted after.
    - The mic works fine.
    - The camera works in other apps, e.g. Chrome (which also has permission, I just didn't include that in the screenshot).

Version2.0.1 (Build 8)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [BUG] puppet walks off screen

Hello there,

if I change the timeline, the puppet will be lost.

Could you please solve this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19-nbBMItjpKVtPmi9pZnB5sX75VzQJFg

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Dennis

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the 'Duration' of scene display exact duration instead of rounded value

The "Duration" property of a scene rounds floating point numbers to the nearest integer. So a value of 1.5 is displayed as 2. But when you click in the field to edit, it jumps back to 1.5. The request is to make the displayed value be the exact value rather than a rounded value. (

This is particularly made worse when a recording gets extended by a few frames. The scene length can be extended without you even realizing. (Should be a quick change.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 動画のインポート機能やマスク機能を追加してほしい。

動画を見ながらCHの動きがコントロールでるので便利だからです。
    また、Prに装備されているマスク機能があると便利だと思います。
    ご検討よろしくお願いいたします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cut and Paste Scenes

You should be able to simply COPY the assets on a scene and PASTE into another.

Or simply DUPLICATE A SCENE!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An option to record in 1.25x, 1.50x, 2x or faster. Same for the playing.

I currently have 6+ hours of educational voice over which has to be animated and it takes me about triple the time to do the animations

1 step: head movement
    2. step: draggers
    3. step: triggers

So it is taking me around 18 hours of work and it would be nice to have an option for 2x speed recording since the movements required are not that complex....also for the playing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a way to track faces from pre-recorded video

Ability to load a video source for recording so that remote actors can participate, or to characterize other video in post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. adding video files in timeline

Would like to be able to sync characters to video movements but I can't add video into the timeline. So, that would be really helpful for the series I'm working on. Thanks! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a take track without having to record.

When I'm working with some of my more swap set based puppets it is so unwieldy to have to hit record and twiddle all the sets just to get editable tracks in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Optimize CH to work better with Illustrator

The older versions of CH as well as the latest version of CH still has issues with puppets created in AI. I tested the Chloe (AI) puppet in the latest version of CH and the performance is awful. I'm getting about 4.5 FPS. I tested the Red Monster (PS) in the same version of CH and it worked fine. Is there anyway to optimize CH to work better with puppets created in AI.

Laptop Specs: Dell XPS 9560 2018, 16 GB RAM, I7, 512SSD, NVIDIA GE 1050

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Physics responds in random way, so it is impossible to record ball play

Physics responds in random way, so it is impossible to record ball play, because the ball work different every time you export. So maybe internal record (like life performance) would solve this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to copy and paste resolution settings when using high res PSD files to record Ch actions in low res

Please add feature where resolution settings can be copied as templates to use in instances where you need to animate with low res versions of bigger files to avoid clipping that occurs with less powerful computers, eg Start with a 4K master Photoshop file, then edit the Scene in 1080p to avoid clipping, then change the Scene settings back to 4K after all actions have been recorded. What we need to be able to copy is the scale size of the puppet, X/Y axis, etc. Not just the Scene pixels ratios.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Smooth over parts of a body recording

You know what would be cool? I'm using the body recorder for full body recordings, and it works pretty well. Well, aside from the glitches where the body decides to become a foot taller for a second or two or the head decides to stick to one spot while the rest of the body moves as expected. Well, it'd be cool to maybe have an option to smooth over parts of a body recording between a couple frames, or have it be like another recording where you could use the blend-in and blend-out sides. It would basically take the body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we have a view toggle to allow us to see Dragger handles?

I like using Dragger behaviors. Something intuitive about being able to move a limb exactly where I want it. Sure, I can get bad results if I overly rely on it, but it can help when layered atop other behaviors doing simple fixes.

But sometimes when I'm trying to pose the character just right, I get lost in where the dragger handles actually are and end up grabbing the wrong one. It's not like I can go back if I'm having to handle multiple handles at once, meaning I have to start all over.

It'd be nice if there was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding "Record 1-Take Frame" to Body Behavior

The Body behavior is great, but I'd rather be able to use it for recording one frame takes like I'm used to. You could add that in, by allowing a 1-Take Frame recording to have a 5 second countdown (or have it linked to the Body Behavior countdown when that behavior is armed). That would allow for those of us who don't want to try and fix bad spots in a body recording by recording a specific pose real quick and allow us to stretch that pose to however long we need it for.

Also, being able to point the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some sort of 'TakeMaker' panel

Inserts a take of x length with blend in/out of x frames. Ability to adjust the length of take and number of blend frames in a panel. Similar to 'record take from work area' but without the looping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base