Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Develop a web API

It would be amazing to be able to implement the puppets inside a website, can we have this please?! :D

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual Multiple Images Option for Characterizer

Characterizer offers 3 way of building a puppet:

1) Automatic Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions

2) Manual Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions (but instructions are more detailed and numerous)

3) Image where you submit one single image with minimalistic rigging

I am suggesting that Characterizer should offer a fourth option that sounds quite simple to me which is:

4) Manual multiple images where you can enter several images or photos following the same instructions as Manual Webcam but instead of having to sit yourself…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cinema 4D

Character Animator could has an interoperability with Cinema 4D to animate 3D models with Character Animator. This can be the next union level between ADOBE and MAXON, like is happening with After Effects/Illustrator with Cinema 4D.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scale exports to different sizes (vector based projects)

It would be nice to scale the entire scene (and all its sub-scenes/puppets) to any scale. For example, I have a master scene which contains many puppets and everything is in vector. I am working in a 1920x1080 resolution and everything is made for this resolution. It would be nice though since everything is in vector to be able to scale the project up to 4k for example (same aspect ratio) and now have a 4k vector animation of this too done very easily. 4k+ is very slow in character animator to work with which is why I use 1920x1080.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. default puppet position option

I think this would be very helpful!
    the basic position in which we design the character is almost never a default position for it. So you always need to start with one dragger recording of a default position, and than on top of that additional dragger recordings.

it would be great if we could build one or maybe even a number of "default" body positions and choose without needing to record it with a different dragger!

hope i explained it properly :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. camera

I tried CC last year and stopped using it when I started having webcam issues. A year later, I still have issues with it. I have a Logitech C922 and Blackmagic Capture Recorder. At first, I got the "Camera Busy" with NO other applications running. I tested it, I opened OBS and the C922 turned on no problem. I closed OBS, restarted, went to Device Manager disabled Blackmagic, restarted, opened CC and still the same issue "Camera Busy".

Yes, I went to the 'Switch camera' option, yes I 'Default Camera' too, still same issue. I performed another test, closed CC…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color Blending Mode

I'm unsure why the color blend mode isn't already a thing in the blending modes for CA. It is extremely useful. If there is a true technical reason why it isn't added or can't be added, then I would love to know, it sounds like an interesting thing to leave out. It may also just be a mistake, and it got left out when programing it.
    Anyway, I hope the best for the program, I'm having so much fun creating, and pushing it to its limits.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting

Snapchat style 3d mask building and face augmenting. Soemthing that feels less paper cut. Maybe allow us to mix our real eyes in with cartoon features. I know this is a big ask, but character animator is a bit underwhelming when you see the possibilities in something like Snapchat face filters (lenses)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base