Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Camera from USB webcam device shows up with squished aspect ratio

When using an external USB webcam capture tool (such as Mokose USB3.0 HDMI/SDI Video Capture Card or Magewell USB Capture HDMI), the camera video appears in a 4:3 aspect ratio (instead of proper 16x9) and is squished (see photo). I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with Catalina 10.15.4 and Character Animator 3.2. Note that the default MBP webcam does show up as a 4:3 cropped image (it is a 16x9 webcam), but the image is not squished and appears normal. Also, when opening the Characterizer tool and using the USB webcam capture tools, the video camera appears…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. カメラが認識しない

パソコンに内蔵されているカメラが認識されません。どうすれば良いですか?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. " Fluid / Liquid" behavior. Why not do it?

Why not do a "Fluid " behavior for Character animator?

You already have the "particle" behavior, and all you got to do is make it fluid.

Think about:

Pouring a cup of water.

Water running through a path.

Or.. Water being pumped up and down pipes and through valves to push actuators such as hydraulic cylinders and motors... That is the stuff that I am working right now with Character animator.

Maybe industrial hydraulic circuits may sound too intimidating for some, but just the animation of fluid running through pipes may not be too hard to do... you could even…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please allow me to change the order of the work details.

Please allow me to change the order of the work details.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Descending Stairs Bug

there is a big bug for Descending Stairs Animations! please Fix it
    i think its because of foot IK
    (Mixamo.com)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Character control - video game style

You already have left & right arrow keys to walking direction and generated walk cycles. You should include up and down arrows to include jump and duck actions also

Left & right to move left and right
    Up & down to jump and duck / squat

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full screen mode

This would be nice for screening your character in a show on a projector or a tv that you have hooked up the program to. Where you don't see the record buttons. For preforming live without streaming. It could be used then easy for live shows on school without having to get it up in another program. I did my exam in this way, having my computer atached to a tv screen with HDMI from computer, then midi controlling everything from one drum mashin and to other midi devices. But it was sad that i couldent get the full screen,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable frame rate for Face behavior

It would be great if there was an option to adjust the frame rate of just the Face behavior at any time. I like the look of head movements when I change my scene frame rate to 12fps, but all body movements are too jittery for what I'm doing. Enabling the "Limit Camera to 12fps" option doesn't produce the same visual results as changing the scene frame rate, nor is it flexible since it can only be set before starting a recording.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Herramienta de Texto

Debería ser posible agregar algún texto y si el mismo se puede animar mucho mejor. Utilizo la herramienta para hacer tutoriales educativos y si quiero poner un texto debe importarlo como png o psd.

Saludos

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HSL (Hue Saturation Lightness) as a Behaviour

A lot of my work in Character Animator has been making very flexible puppet characters that I can reuse as different characters (there's an overview how I do it using Layer Picker here: https://youtu.be/y6kVQpLESb8)

A lot of the labour comes from adding layers into groups with different coloured versions of the same objects for things like skin colour, clothing colour, hair colour, eye colour, etc. But if I would be able to say apply a HSL effect to a group of objects and put those sliders into my Controls, it would mean instead of having say 4 possible skin…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import multiple scenes through AE Import dialog

Would really like to be able to select more than one scene when importing through the After Effects import dialog. As it stands, you can only import them one at a time, if you have a lot of scenes this is very time consuming.
    Granted you could drag and drop multiple scenes from Character Animator, but for some reason this is unreliable... often the drag and drop doesn't work at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why only live feed?

Why only live feed?? Make also a footage option and not only live feed. The face track feature works great in AE, no reason not to have it in CA. It's all there, just let us have it!:)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import the Characters in Adobe Animate from Adobe Character Animator

I need to import the project I made in Adobe Character Animator to Adobe Animate, same we do in Adobe Ae and Pr

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add More Characters and Props to Adobe Fuse

Since I don't see a feedback area on the Adobe site for Adobe Fuse, I'm adding my Fuse feedback here. Characters created in Adobe Fuse could be a huge asset for my company, but unfortunately the library of characters is too limited to be of extensive use. I cast a HUGE vote for adding more characters, more clothing, and more props to Fuse. I would even pay extra for a Fuse+ type subscription.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. text

This would be nice to have like an easy thing, so you could make like thoughts bobbles over characters when they not going to talk, like things that are in comics sometimes when one character speaks and the other one thinks when the character speaks. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to see the list of sounds that is supposed to be rocognized? I

Hello, I am working with Ch and would like to know if anyone have seen the list of sounds that is

supposed to be rocognized?

I think I have heard like 150 different sounds...

actually I am working with, Swedish, English, French and Spannish, so there aere defdenitively different ways to prounounce the letters....

Do I have to explain?

well. in english e is e and a is a and y is y and i is i

but then if I change to swedish....

the i is like the english e

and in spannish the a is like the english…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I Think Charavter animator should have a "Morph" tool. In vector transitions using same numer of points an auto morph will be most heplpful

When using somilar vector mouths or eyebrows for an exemple, the transition should have an auto morph feature that creates an automatic smooth transition something like an automatic Layer sequence transition without the need of making every step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base