Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why only live feed?

Why only live feed?? Make also a footage option and not only live feed. The face track feature works great in AE, no reason not to have it in CA. It's all there, just let us have it!:)

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Adobe Fresco / Adobe Draw for CH artwork creation

Adobe Draw on iPad and now Adobe Fresco support a flat list of layers - no nesting possible. It would be nice if I can use a flat list of layers and maybe use layer name to control nesting - e.g. “Head - Mouth - Ah” as the layer name instead of grouping.

This would however require Alfresco etc to support LOTS of layers. I know Photoshop is coming to the iPad - maybe that is the better approach. I just want vector artwork, so I want Illustrator on the iPad I guess.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Scene resize resolution

I would be good to make it possible to resize the resolution of the scene and have all elements (puppets and backgrounds) resize to match.

Currently if you change the resolution, you then have to resize each element individually, if you have a lot in a scene this can be time consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When the application cannot locate the artwork for a puppet file, you can select the puppet in the Project panel, then click the orange file path in the Properties panel to select the correct/updated location for it.

Thanks for the feedback on making the process of relinking a little more understandable.

Or are you encountering a different relinking issue?

5. Create a higher quality "compute lip sync from scene audio"

Please create a setting(s) for creating a more accurate "lip sync from scene audio". Maybe leave the current way it's done for people who want it done with the current quality/time, but allow people to choose a much higher quality setting (and let the software run for 10x the current time if necessary). I currently spend many hours fixing the visemes for my dialogue (at least 30 hours for a 30 minute animation). There isn't one string of dialogue that I don't have to fix.

Is this possible?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. IMPROVE TIMELINE RULER UNIT OPTIONS

I've been trying to sync an animated drummer with prerecorded drums but I can't line up my triggers with the sound waves even 60 fps making the animated drummer completely out of sync with the music. there has to be a way to slide items on a timeline without snapping directly to the beginning or end of a frame. I understand that 60fps is fast enough for visual satisfaction but in an animation project heavily based on music i would love for the animation and musical actions to occur simultaneously.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Traditional Chinese

Is there a Traditional Chinese version for this software?

cos I was given a Simplified Chinese one despite the fact that my computer system is using Traditional Chinese.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of now, Character Animator’s interface is localized only to English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Simplified Chinese.

8. add headturm\bodyturn feature

adobe character animator should only have the head and body turn because they give more details to the scene , plus in such huge software how can small feature be missing like that .

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Character Animator does indeed have a head turner. In the rigging panel, you can add the head turner behavior to a puppet and associate corresponding layers with front facing, left and right quarter views, profile views and even upward and downward head views. Is this helpful?

9. integration with "Adobe Animate CC"

If we could import animations and assets from Animate straight into Character Animator that would be incredible. Is this a feature on the docket? I know you can animate in PS, but it doesn't feel quite as streamlined for the animation process as Adobe Animate.

Also, if we could incorporate tweens, that would be legendary.

Alternatively, if we could just export Adobe Animate files straight to Illustrator while maintaining layers (and finding some kind of solution for timeline animations, maybe distribute to layers and put in folders). However, this feature might be exclusively used for the purposes of integration to…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

In the recent release of Animate, under File→Publish Settings→Other Formats→SVG Image (checkbox)→Options, there is now a checkbox “Optimize For Character Animator”.

Using it, you can export an SVG image that Character can import, that will have a layers structure that works well in Character. While you can’t yet export an SVG sequence from Animate, right now you can get the image from Animate to Character with minimal clutter and add rigging to it for performance. Let us know if this is helpful and what you want to see happen next!

10. Bug Report

This is a bug report. I'm working in Character Animator but cannot get my puppet into Photoshop to Edit even though I have the program open. I've followed instructions to use either control E or Edit Original in the Edit icon but nothing happening. Could you advise any further action.
    Many thanks,
    Victoria

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. clipping masks from illustrator files

Does Ch support clipping masks that have already been created inside of Adobe Illustrator or do you have to recreate them inside Ch?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OpenGL invalid operationa

after you open the project, " OpenGL invalid operation. "I get the error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What is the software that’s rendering the information in the upper-left corner of the Scene panel? Is this from the GeForce Experience software’s overlay functionality?

Can you try disabling that software that’s showing frame rate and other info in OpenGL views to see if that helps? Character Animator uses OpenGL to render content in the Scene and Puppet panels.

Thanks.

13. Ability to save out a vector animation json / third party support like Bodymovin in AE

Ability to save out a vector animation json / third party support like the Bodymovin plugin offers in After Effects for use with Lottie

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I am getting an error when I import the free puppet Tull.

I am getting an error when I import the free puppet Tull. I have the latest version of Character animator but I am getting an error code.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this issue occur if you import the Tull.puppet file into a new project, or just an existing project?

Does the puppet show up in the Project panel after dismissing the error message?

Another thing to try:
    1. Quit Character Animator, then wait ~10 seconds.
    2. Relaunch Character Animator and immediately hold down the Shift key while it’s launching. This prevents any scenes/puppets from opening in their respective panels.
    3. Try importing Tull.puppet again.

Please let us know if that workaround works for you. Thanks.

15. Include a library of objects & actions to pre-populate scenes

One thing that "explainer animation" tools often have is a lot of pre-populated settings / objects for characters (and sometimes animations for those objects). For instance, you can drag and drop a "cell phone" to a character, and it will have them hold it, and you can drag in an animation of them tapping the screen.

Other 2D animation tools have things like walk/run cycles, jumps and hops, dancing, etc, that can drive the animation of a character at a certain point.

Not only would it be great to have a library of tools to create rich movements (and add…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export nulls from Character Animator to After Effects

Just getting rolling with CA so please forgive if my terminology is way off. It seems to me it'd be very helpful if we could create Nulls in CA that we could export to AE. Then we'd be able to use the nulls in AE to attach objects, use as emitters, center points for effects... all kinds wacky of stuff.

I'd think we should also be able to assign these nulls in CA to our eye's performances and any draggable handles.

Dogging CA so far... thanks for the cool tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incorpation with Fuse?

Maybe be able to animated characters made in Adobe Fuse with Character Animator?

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Develop a web API

It would be amazing to be able to implement the puppets inside a website, can we have this please?! :D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manual Multiple Images Option for Characterizer

Characterizer offers 3 way of building a puppet:

1) Automatic Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions

2) Manual Webcam where you sit in front of the camera and follow the instructions (but instructions are more detailed and numerous)

3) Image where you submit one single image with minimalistic rigging

I am suggesting that Characterizer should offer a fourth option that sounds quite simple to me which is:

4) Manual multiple images where you can enter several images or photos following the same instructions as Manual Webcam but instead of having to sit yourself…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base