Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

How can we improve Character Animator?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support rigs for quadrupods, birds, snakes and fish

Hello, it would be grew to if CA would support models of various kinds of creatures along with their movements:
    quadrupods, birds, snakes and fish

Thanks,
    Rajnesh

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for transcripts/subtitles when auto lip syncing

Allow support for importing a transcript or subtitle file, so the auto lip sync could analyse both the audio and the transcript for a more accurate result.

If the program knows exactly what words are said, it should presumably have a much better idea of which 'Visemes' to use.
    (Though obviously this wouldn't work for a live stream aha!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable auto save feature checkbox

I wish there was a way to disable autosave.. I run into problems that my work gets overwritten and I can t go back and reload previous project and have to try to figure out what caused the error and trouble shoot for hours on fixing a mistake that happened and got saved withough my consent. I would rather be able to save when I want to save and know I always have a good working rig I can go back to and reload from previous version.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Waiting for camera forever on mac mojave

On Mojave (10.14.3), the camera doesn't work: It is "Waiting for camera" forever. The green light next to the camera comes on, but CA stays waiting. I've tried all the ideas found in google searches:
    - I can't change to the next camera (there's only 1).
    - I have given permission to the camera, and even rebooted after.
    - The mic works fine.
    - The camera works in other apps, e.g. Chrome (which also has permission, I just didn't include that in the screenshot).

Version2.0.1 (Build 8)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG Report: GL Error

Hi,

I am experiencing a GL error when I try to run Character Animator and haven't managed to run it successfully yet. I have attached screenshots to give you more information

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Animator should not open with a projects panel

Character Animator always openes the last project. It takes a lot of time to load a project and then load the project you actually want to work with. I could open that project itself, instead of the program, but it could open the Start-Panel first and then load the project when selected to do so.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dragger's return to rest is acting strange since 2.0 update

since the 2.0 update Ive been having a weird bug with dragger arms attached by hinges and how to interact when set to return to rest.

Before the update, they would return to the default position that was set in the Photoshop file. But after the update, the arm straightens out facing in the direction that the dragger has been moved in and after the duration set under return to rest it will immediately snap back to the default position.

This does not only happen on my original puppets but it also happens on the stock puppets as well (I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a higher quality "compute lip sync from scene audio"

Please create a setting(s) for creating a more accurate "lip sync from scene audio". Maybe leave the current way it's done for people who want it done with the current quality/time, but allow people to choose a much higher quality setting (and let the software run for 10x the current time if necessary). I currently spend many hours fixing the visemes for my dialogue (at least 30 hours for a 30 minute animation). There isn't one string of dialogue that I don't have to fix.

Is this possible?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable Features to Improve CPU Performance

When not in use, I want to disable profiles (e.g., left, right, etc.) in hopes of improving CPU performance. My puppet is large and somewhat complex. If CH cannot support complexity, then I would like an option to disable some profiles/features to improve the CPU performance while recording and livestreaming on a 2015 MBP. Currently,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. parallax 3d and cameras

3D layering like after effects for background and foreground characters. You can add a camera for easier movement possible blur etc. Just to be able to add a bit more depth so when you do want to add more you then bring it into after effects and the 3d layers are all set up.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More Keyboard Triggers

Open up the other keys on a keyboard to be used for triggers. Especially the Function Keys. Also, would be great to be able to add a modifier on triggers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep Audio Track Visible.

Would be really helpful to have the audio track locked so it doesn't scroll in the Timeline. Keeping the waveform visible even when scrolling up and down.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix freeze on Mac os Mojave

There is an issue with the latest version of character freezing when it shows the record section. I have the previous version installed now and it doesn't suffer with the fault.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. integration with "Adobe Animate CC"

If we could import animations and assets from Animate straight into Character Animator that would be incredible. Is this a feature on the docket? I know you can animate in PS, but it doesn't feel quite as streamlined for the animation process as Adobe Animate.

Also, if we could incorporate tweens, that would be legendary.

Alternatively, if we could just export Adobe Animate files straight to Illustrator while maintaining layers (and finding some kind of solution for timeline animations, maybe distribute to layers and put in folders). However, this feature might be exclusively used for the purposes of integration to…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

In the recent release of Animate, under File→Publish Settings→Other Formats→SVG Image (checkbox)→Options, there is now a checkbox “Optimize For Character Animator”.

Using it, you can export an SVG image that Character can import, that will have a layers structure that works well in Character. While you can’t yet export an SVG sequence from Animate, right now you can get the image from Animate to Character with minimal clutter and add rigging to it for performance. Let us know if this is helpful and what you want to see happen next!

15. Add Volume level adjustment for imported audio clips

There does not seem to be a way to adjust audio levels from imported clips such as sound effects and background music. I can do this in an external app but its cumbersome and hit and miss. So having a simple audio level lever would be awesome and save a lot of time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A true skeletal system

I'd like to see a true bone system implemented instead of trying to derive a structure from points that can be scattered in different parts of the puppet. Consolidating all the hinge points to a single layer will make editing and debugging a puppet much easier and straightforward.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Replays to be Unaffected by Independence Changes

While adjusting settings in my newest puppet I discovered that replays are affected by the dependence/independence settings of the puppet.

For example, the replays of my puppet were recorded while the torso was set as independent. Once I changed the torso to dependent, the replays became erratic and the arm positions were completely messed up. Almost all of the replays need to re-recorded. Adjusting other settings like the attach style and dependence/independence of other groups did not resolve the issue.

Please:
    1. Include this in the documentation and info about Character Animator. The current details imply that replays are "set…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. viseme sensitivity control

Auto lip sync slider/control to determine the amount of visemes created for pre recorded audio.

We find we have to manually adjust the automated lip sync quite often as it seems to add a lot more visemes than required, if there was a sensitivity setting that could higher or lower the amount of visemes used that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OpenGL invalid operationa

after you open the project, " OpenGL invalid operation. "I get the error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What is the software that’s rendering the information in the upper-left corner of the Scene panel? Is this from the GeForce Experience software’s overlay functionality?

Can you try disabling that software that’s showing frame rate and other info in OpenGL views to see if that helps? Character Animator uses OpenGL to render content in the Scene and Puppet panels.

Thanks.

20. Character Animator live streaming mojave issues

After upgrading to Mojave MacOS, we are having significant performance issues with our existing CA live-streaming setups. Our setup is this:

CA 2018 or 2019 (720 project, 20fps) -> Wirecast or OBS (via NDI or Syphon, tried both) -> RTMP (1.5mbps 30fps 540p) to our servers

When running some of our triggered animations of our puppets, the FPS out of CA drops to single digits, and seems to combat Wirecast or OBS, which in turn drops dozens/hundreds frames on Wirecast or OBS. This did not happen in previous versions of MacOS, and we have taken the same project files/config and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Character Animator

Feedback and Knowledge Base