Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tutorial Not working Properly

This isn't an idea. I'm doing the tutorial (auditions), I have 0 contro over the red monster or the doctor looking guy so far. My camera is on and I am on the top right screen but nothing I do including talking syncs with the character in the tutrial

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

RE UPDATE:

RE: ‘my laptop sounded like an airplane’

It’s not uncommon for your computer to use a lot of processor when the camera is involved. As long as your working in a temperate environment on a hard surface, should be able to handle it. But if it slows down, that could be an issue. If you’re not streaming or your process can avoid it, try to have no other apps running that require access to your camera.

RE: ‘When the puppet hears noise without me physcially talking or moving my lips…’

The puppet attempts lip sync when it ‘hears’ any audio, however there is a feature that will only allow it to move lips when your mouth is open or moving. Go to:

Character Menu →Preferences→Lip Sync→Camera Based Muting and set the slider to a stronger position. Usually about mid slider will get a good result. After that,…

2. Fixed size (without stretching, but with the ability to drag) Hands - brachium, antebrachium(Forearm) Foot -femur, crus.

I saw the option "OK hands", but still the character is stretched like an elastic band. I would like to give a parameter forbidding the bones to open: Hands - shoulder, front of the shoulder (forearm), foot - thigh, lower leg.

There were times when the elbow jumped when recording animations across the screen. (ate not put a point on the elbow)

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

@Иланна Марченко I’m not sure how to answer the question. Placing sticks (bones) in the arm along with tags for elbow and shoulder will allow you to apply a behavior called ‘Arm IK’. Parameters there will allow you to adjust maximum stretch and adjust point at which elbow bends. A wrist tag with a draggable behavior will allow you to drag the arm. Does that help?

3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like you have three of the triggers in the Body Position swap set set as latched. Just curious, if don’t make them latched, does it make that momentary view switch no longer occur?

If you’re still having trouble resolving the issue, and are willing to share a copy of the puppet with us to diagnose, feel free to send an exported puppet (File > Export > Puppet) for the puppet and we can try to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Thanks.

4. I cannot use live action animation, because I'm too disabled.

I cannot use live action animation, because I'm too disabled.

However, I would like to develop a character to represent me and read my post. I know I can bring in an audio file, but can I then animate the face, rather that just a fixed face with just the mouth moving? Hope this makes sense?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Camera from USB webcam device shows up with squished aspect ratio

When using an external USB webcam capture tool (such as Mokose USB3.0 HDMI/SDI Video Capture Card or Magewell USB Capture HDMI), the camera video appears in a 4:3 aspect ratio (instead of proper 16x9) and is squished (see photo). I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with Catalina 10.15.4 and Character Animator 3.2. Note that the default MBP webcam does show up as a 4:3 cropped image (it is a 16x9 webcam), but the image is not squished and appears normal. Also, when opening the Characterizer tool and using the USB webcam capture tools, the video camera appears…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set custom duration for manual take record

Situation: I want to create exact poses. After that, I blend them together.

Problem: The manual take commands are either too short (so I have to zoom in to expand them so I can add a blend) or too long and I can't see the start and end of the take.

Solution: Let us set a custom length for manual takes. (For instance 2 seconds)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reduce the size of the trigger on the panel controls

I use a lot of triggers, but they all do not fit on the panel. their size is large. Please enter the option to reduce them as on the screen on the left side.

I also did not understand exactly how I can assign the "[" key as well as the numeric keypad, which is located on the right

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. attach character to ground

How can I fix my character to the ground? ,I've tried all all manner of pinning, sticking, adding fixed tags, changing layout and all I need is to get this guy to stop floating so I can start my actual project, the fact that this is the default int his program is very frustrating. Namely when his head tilts, everything below his neck swings the other way like a windsock.I've attached images of where my rig is at right now, any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. move the "mouse wheel" timeline left and right

It would be nice to navigate the timeline with the wheel mouse (hold down the mouse wheel and move it left and right)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Selected Camera Unavailable for iPhone Epoccam webcam app

Character Animator CC on 5/29/20 shows "Selected Camera Unavailable" when app and phone are working correctly

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. カメラが認識しない

パソコンに内蔵されているカメラが認識されません。どうすれば良いですか?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IK legs that allow you to move the legs without moving the rest of the body

Right now I tried to put an IK arm set up on the legs. It somewhat works, but if I rotate my head the whole body moves. To prevent it, I have to move the foot dragger and set it to stay wherever I move it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Draggers option, show existing takes while recording

Situation: I'm fairly new (2 Weeks into Ch). I want to create explainer videos like Kurzgesagt. I want to create some more complex animations with draggers.

Expected: On pause or record, while Dragger in Properties is active (red dot), I can see the pose/movement (takes) of the puppet.

Actual: All takes, under the current Dragger Property, are not visible.

Solution: Create an option under the Dragger property that lets us see the current poses/movement. While recording, the movement is not relative to the existing takes but the same as if you were recording normally.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Encoding time with AI background puppet

We imported a 3840x2160 AI file to use as a background in Ch. We had it scaled to 50% to fill the 1920x1080 video we wanted to create. The preview in Ch worked great, but when the Ch was pulled into AE it took forever to preview. It was just a 1 minute video, but when attempting to use Media Encoder to produce a video, it was going to take close to 4 whether coming from AE or directly from Ch. We knew that was too long, so we investigated. We removed the AI background from Ch and imported the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live scoreboard number counter

Use CA as a interactive quiz/scoreboard. I would like a better way to add numbers and add the desired number increments to allow for live scoring.

Using a shortcut/number input box the counter will change or plus button to add to the score. I can then set this up via a trigger so I can overlay the animation on top.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Descending Stairs Bug

there is a big bug for Descending Stairs Animations! please Fix it
    i think its because of foot IK
    (Mixamo.com)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full screen mode

This would be nice for screening your character in a show on a projector or a tv that you have hooked up the program to. Where you don't see the record buttons. For preforming live without streaming. It could be used then easy for live shows on school without having to get it up in another program. I did my exam in this way, having my computer atached to a tv screen with HDMI from computer, then midi controlling everything from one drum mashin and to other midi devices. But it was sad that i couldent get the full screen,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Viseme order when pasting into AE

The information available on how to do this is, at best, incomplete and at worst, wrong.

Referring to the page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/adobe-character-animator/using/export.html#LipSyncTakeexportforAfterEffects
    Step #2 says to create a comp with the visemes "matching the order of visemes in Character Animator’s Visemes context menu" and gives an example of the order being Neutral, Aa, D "and so on".
    The problem is that in Character Animator (current version 2.11) the viseme order in the context menu is different. See screenshot.

Just to complicate things, the layer order of the visemes in the default head PSD is different again.

So… which is the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjustable frame rate for Face behavior

It would be great if there was an option to adjust the frame rate of just the Face behavior at any time. I like the look of head movements when I change my scene frame rate to 12fps, but all body movements are too jittery for what I'm doing. Enabling the "Limit Camera to 12fps" option doesn't produce the same visual results as changing the scene frame rate, nor is it flexible since it can only be set before starting a recording.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to see more templates with various mouths types (preferable in Adobe Illustrator)

I would like to see more mouth shapes being available. The mouth shape used is already the same since the start of Adobe Character

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base