Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support rigs for quadrupods, birds, snakes, fish and things with more than four legs.

Hello, it would be grew to if CA would support models of various kinds of creatures along with their movements:
    quadrupods, birds, snakes and fish

Thanks,
    Rajnesh

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple mic input and camera

It would be good if you could use multiple mics and cameras within 1 scene, this would be handy if you are creating a talk style show with a generic guest, we could use the audio feed to run the lip sync of a generic guest character while we continue to run the lip sync of our character at the same time. This could be done by bringing in a skype call and allowing the guest to control the character remotely

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for transcripts/subtitles when auto lip syncing

Allow support for importing a transcript or subtitle file, so the auto lip sync could analyse both the audio and the transcript for a more accurate result.

If the program knows exactly what words are said, it should presumably have a much better idea of which 'Visemes' to use.
    (Though obviously this wouldn't work for a live stream aha!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable auto save feature checkbox

I wish there was a way to disable autosave.. I run into problems that my work gets overwritten and I can t go back and reload previous project and have to try to figure out what caused the error and trouble shoot for hours on fixing a mistake that happened and got saved withough my consent. I would rather be able to save when I want to save and know I always have a good working rig I can go back to and reload from previous version.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Animator should not open with a projects panel

Character Animator always openes the last project. It takes a lot of time to load a project and then load the project you actually want to work with. I could open that project itself, instead of the program, but it could open the Start-Panel first and then load the project when selected to do so.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Waiting for camera forever on mac mojave

On Mojave (10.14.3), the camera doesn't work: It is "Waiting for camera" forever. The green light next to the camera comes on, but CA stays waiting. I've tried all the ideas found in google searches:
    - I can't change to the next camera (there's only 1).
    - I have given permission to the camera, and even rebooted after.
    - The mic works fine.
    - The camera works in other apps, e.g. Chrome (which also has permission, I just didn't include that in the screenshot).

Version2.0.1 (Build 8)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio Hardware

Switching monitors and auddio devices on a mac and pc causes a ton of these pop up boxes. Even when I select do not show again, I'm stuck having to close 10+ of these every time using Character Animator. I switch screens, audio devices (headphones to monitor) etc... a lot, so these add up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag triggers to timeline

I would be great if we could drag triggers from the control panel onto the time line instead of having to record each trigger, it gets time consuming when you have to turn off all other recordings just to add 1 trigger.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Preview resolution

I would be good if you could add a preview mode for animating in CH, so you can reduce the quality of the animation while animating to improve frame rate.

This is something that is done in After effects and think would work well in CH

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scene resize resolution

I would be good to make it possible to resize the resolution of the scene and have all elements (puppets and backgrounds) resize to match.

Currently if you change the resolution, you then have to resize each element individually, if you have a lot in a scene this can be time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. adobe animator puppet doesn't work under when alt tabbed running in background

how do I make it so the puppet still moves when it is running in the background?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the Camera & Microphone panel’s menu (click the three short horizontal lines next to the panel’s name to open the menu), make sure the Pause Camera & Microphone When Application in Background option is unchecked.

12. The camera keeps coming on and off on Windows 10 v1903. All other camera apps work fine.

I have a Dell XPS 15 (7590) with Windows 10 v1903 and the camera keeps coming on and off. It will stay on for a few seconds, then the message "waiting for camera" appears for a few seconds and repeat. All other camera apps work fine and the webcam light stays on the whole time. I have the latest version - 2.1.1. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import triggers from other puppets

I was thinking a great and time-saving feature would be an option to import triggers from other puppets. Kind of like Tull has a set controls list, it would be great to say import Outstretched, or import a set of triggers to a puppet in development. Something like Import->Triggers and then the.puppet folder opens and you select which puppet you want to import the triggers from.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. richg click on scene and duplicate it :P --- it would be a big feature

sometimes we need compare 2 scenes with some changes, this feature would be ideal for this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG Report: GL Error

Hi,

I am experiencing a GL error when I try to run Character Animator and haven't managed to run it successfully yet. I have attached screenshots to give you more information

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep Audio Track Visible.

Would be really helpful to have the audio track locked so it doesn't scroll in the Timeline. Keeping the waveform visible even when scrolling up and down.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator symbols

Currently layers that contain Illustrator symbols are not parsed correctly in Character Animator showing only one instance and recognising the layer name.

It's useful to be able to include Illustrator symbols to avoid creating and editing multiple times the same artwork (e.g. eyes, pupils, eyebrows, etc.).

I hope this is considered as a compatibility feature request and gets added to the backlog.

Best

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a higher quality "compute lip sync from scene audio"

Please create a setting(s) for creating a more accurate "lip sync from scene audio". Maybe leave the current way it's done for people who want it done with the current quality/time, but allow people to choose a much higher quality setting (and let the software run for 10x the current time if necessary). I currently spend many hours fixing the visemes for my dialogue (at least 30 hours for a 30 minute animation). There isn't one string of dialogue that I don't have to fix.

Is this possible?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Bug] Edit visemes with .ai puppets

I noticed that I can edit visemes with a .psd import but not Illustrator artwork

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. IMPROVE TIMELINE RULER UNIT OPTIONS

I've been trying to sync an animated drummer with prerecorded drums but I can't line up my triggers with the sound waves even 60 fps making the animated drummer completely out of sync with the music. there has to be a way to slide items on a timeline without snapping directly to the beginning or end of a frame. I understand that 60fps is fast enough for visual satisfaction but in an animation project heavily based on music i would love for the animation and musical actions to occur simultaneously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base