Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to open project

Hello, I worked on a project on Character Animator.

I wanted to secure my working hours using google drive.

Everything was going very well during his last weeks. But in the morning I open Character Animator and I get a message: "Cannot open project << F: //ANIMA/.../Ch Data / repo.noindex / >> If it is on a server, copy it to a local disk and open it from from this location. " I have weeks of work on this project. Please do you have a solution for me? I beg you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Frame rate very low even on a powerful 2019 Mac Pro system with fast SSD and GPU

Great app, but as soon as I record the frame rate drops, resulting in a pretty jerky animation, which is particularly noticeable on draggers. I'm using a 12 core 2019 Mac Pro with an SSD Raid, 96GB RAM and a W5700X GPU, so it's unlikely to be the machine not being powerful enough, more likely it's not utilising it fully. Otherwise, maybe this could be solved with a feature that creates smooth tweening between the frames?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hold position of draggers when puppet is armed

I find it very frustrating when wanting to add more detail to arm motions for example that I can't see the previous position I'd recorded without un arming the puppet.

For example, if I want to create a simple wave motion and have set a basic position for the arm but then want to add some extra motion to it, I struggle to match the original position to then add the extra piece of motion.

The only way I can see the original position is to unarm the puppet - hold the position in my mind, arm the puppet, and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ¡Puppet tags dissapear every time I open the project!

I have to redo all the rigging every time I open a project because when I reopen the project I get an error, and then when I check the puppet all the tags are gone!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SO BUGGY.....WHY?

Used to work fine, now all of the sudden this is SO BUGGY... just watch the QT mov clips. Things flickering, eyeballs disappear then come back...so much weird things happening.
    And I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking that was the problem... but guess NOT... please help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MIDI Velocity Support

I would love to see support for the velocity of a key press from a MIDI keyboard or pad. Often the nutcracker jaw and other lip sync does not follow the words very well, so having the ability to control the jaw with a key/button press on a MIDI keyboard would be great. If I tap lightly, the jaw opens a little, and if I tap hard, the jaw opens wide. Maybe this behavior could also be mapped to feet, so you could make a character dance just by tapping two different buttons.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cut and Paste Scenes

You should be able to simply COPY the assets on a scene and PASTE into another.

Or simply DUPLICATE A SCENE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This applies to all of your software programs

Why are you hiding Older versions of software ? It took me about 1 hr to get to Older version of software I needed and I had to finally contact your Live person support to get it ! This is NOT USER friendly and you shall make your Older versions accessible in a normal way with some visible link, and not having customers look for it like for a needle in the hey!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bike light

Could you recommend a good bike light for night cycling?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Character Animator selected camera is unavailable

Adobe Character Animator selected camera is unavailable

Steps to reproduce:
        1. ...

Result: ...
    Expected: ...

System info
        Application: Character Animator v4.2.0.34
        OS: Windows v10.0.19043, RAM: 31.94 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

Canoneos m6 mark2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. using video as a source to animate a puppett

I would like to use a prerecorded video instead of a live web camera, so face tracking and audio (lipsync) comes from there.
    Instead of applying some sort of filter to the video.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audio drops on Timeline Playhead.

Instead of audio dropping to the beginning of the track (when dragging in), it should show up on the Timeline Playhead mark!

It's mega annoying to have to go back to 00:00 and move the audio to your mark!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why isn't my computer's built in camera supported in Character Animator?

Camera Error:

USB Video Device (not fully supported)

Please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ZOrder Behavior - Reordering Layers at Recording Time

Hi Guys!

I think a feature "ZOrder Behavior" would improve Character Animator a lot!

For example, consider a character sitting behind a table - where both are separated puppets. As expected, puppet character should be BEHIND the table puppet - but the arms should be OVER the table. Today, it's a big problem when you are dealing with different puppets.

A Zorder feature would solve this problem at recording time. By adding this new behavior to the arm and changing a simple index value, the arm layer can OVERLAP another puppets. So, the character arms would appear OVER the table…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. What is wrong with BLINKING?

Watch the video and help with why my blink was not working then work but then my eyebrows blink with eyes?
    https://youtu.be/qEQpv0nS0sY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fujifilm X Webcam 2 support

I'm using a Fujifilm camera (XT-4) as my main webcam. It's recognized by the system through the official Fujifilm X Webcam 2 application. It's recognized in Skype, Zoom, Discord, Google Meet, and pretty much anything I've tried. However, the webcam isn't recognized at all by Character Animator.

I didn't found any way to make it happen in settings or through the general interface. Using the latest version on Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Actualización Character Animator.

Hola... no se porqué no logro tener acceso a la actualización de Character Animator... la última que me aparece en las opciones es 4.2 pero no aparece la 4.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Additional trigger keys

Not sure why the keys associated for triggers are limited to numbers and letters on the keyboard. I ought to be able to use other keyboard characters or even combinations of keystrokes to execute various triggers. I know I can add more using MIDI but that seems kind of silly when there are still so many keys on the keyboard that should be able to be programmed for trigger use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Execute trigger from latched trigger

I like being able to latch triggers and end with "stop/sustain" so my characters can hold a pose with the push of a button. But I don't like having to unlatch the trigger before executing a new trigger. I would like move from one stop/sustained trigger to another without having to unlatch in-between. Basically I want my triggers to override and any latched behavior so I can move from one dynamic pose or motion directly into another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ch doesn't work with Universal Audio Audio Hardware in external microphone mode

Character Animator seems to not work with Universal Audio audio hardware like Apollo Twin MKII . Luckily I had a focusrite audio interface Scarlet 2i2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base