Character Animator

Welcome to the Adobe Character Animator feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Character Animator team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Character Animator community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Internal error code: (521764949:496+1) attempt to index a nil value

Internal error code: (521764949:496+1) attempt to index a nil value

How to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ERROR HELP

Every time i click record.. push stop, an error message immediately pops up! Can anyone assist with this???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding Z-position (layer order) control to layer property

Currently the display order of each layer is limited by hierarchy for the rigging. This makes it impossible for some character design such as having upper arms behind the torso while having forearms to be on top the torso. Giving users an ability to move each layer in z-axis can solve this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rigging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to open project

Hello, I worked on a project on Character Animator.

I wanted to secure my working hours using google drive.

Everything was going very well during his last weeks. But in the morning I open Character Animator and I get a message: "Cannot open project << F: //ANIMA/.../Ch Data / repo.noindex / >> If it is on a server, copy it to a local disk and open it from from this location. " I have weeks of work on this project. Please do you have a solution for me? I beg you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. my animation has turned to garbage

My project has turned to garbage. Look. After 4 days of work this is what loads up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hold position of draggers when puppet is armed

I find it very frustrating when wanting to add more detail to arm motions for example that I can't see the previous position I'd recorded without un arming the puppet.

For example, if I want to create a simple wave motion and have set a basic position for the arm but then want to add some extra motion to it, I struggle to match the original position to then add the extra piece of motion.

The only way I can see the original position is to unarm the puppet - hold the position in my mind, arm the puppet, and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Physics attach

Physics between two separate objects:

There needs to be a feature under Physics where separate objects can SPECIFICALLY attach/detach/push/pull features. Ex: this would be great for strings being pulled or trigger on/off to detach whenever and go back to dangling as an example. Connecting two objects by certain points as marked in the rig panel (attach point pins) , where stretching or pulling strings/objects can be done in connection to other objects, all in relation to the weight of the objects themselves etc.

PLUS this should be a feature applicable between characters and objects to their limbs/hands/etc. Hope y'all read…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Frame rate very low even on a powerful 2019 Mac Pro system with fast SSD and GPU

Great app, but as soon as I record the frame rate drops, resulting in a pretty jerky animation, which is particularly noticeable on draggers. I'm using a 12 core 2019 Mac Pro with an SSD Raid, 96GB RAM and a W5700X GPU, so it's unlikely to be the machine not being powerful enough, more likely it's not utilising it fully. Otherwise, maybe this could be solved with a feature that creates smooth tweening between the frames?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add keyframing support and editing for all animating items

Add the ability to key, animate, or fine tune recorded performances. Make everything that moves, or triggers keyframable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it stop crashing!

Crashes constantly. I imported a static image with a mouth set of visemes on top of it, nothin more. Anything that I click to try to test sync, or basically anything else, causes the application to close abruptly. Can't do anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. my animation has turned to garbage

My project has turned to garbage. Look. After 4 days of work this is what loads up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. individual movement in the particles

In the current version, the emitted particles are static images.
    I would like to see individual movement in the particles.

It would be great if the particles could be triggered to blink, or if a cycle layer could be used to emit particles in motion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. User Defined Cache location & Dynamic link with AE Audio stability

Hello. I am used to setting the CACHE location of PS, PrP and AE to a specific, fast external drive. I like having one place that I can empty if I need to, instead of hunting down multiple cache locations to trash whenever anything goes awry with dynamic link, etc. Is it possible to add a user-defined cache location for CH? I imagine trashing CH cache files will be a work-around when dynamically-linked CH files suddenly stop playing audio in AE with the error, "After Effects warning: audio conforming failed, check media cache preferences." I imagine this would also allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cut and Paste Scenes

You should be able to simply COPY the assets on a scene and PASTE into another.

Or simply DUPLICATE A SCENE!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Some sort of 'TakeMaker' panel

Inserts a take of x length with blend in/out of x frames. Ability to adjust the length of take and number of blend frames in a panel. Similar to 'record take from work area' but without the looping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 動画のインポート機能やマスク機能を追加してほしい。

動画を見ながらCHの動きがコントロールでるので便利だからです。
    また、Prに装備されているマスク機能があると便利だと思います。
    ご検討よろしくお願いいたします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recording  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. puppet maker customization

Currently, there aren't a ton of options in the puppet maker.

1) Uploading custom items currently isn't an easy task. How about a drop-down for each section where you have the option of adding an illustrator file to that area on the puppet. For instance lets say I'm looking at the chibi section and I don't see a Sikh turban, but I want to add a turban. So I go in and make one in illustrator. It could be added into the animation but if I want to have it as an always there option, having the ability to just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create new version when going back to old version

Make it so that it automatically saves a new version or prompts you to save a new version when you go back to an old version. I just lost several hours of work because I went back to check something in an old version and forgot to create a new one before I did...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple scenes open as tabs in timeline panel

Make the timeline panel behave as it does in After Effects and allow multiple scenes to be open and available at once.
    Of course, you'd need to improve CA's woeful copy and paste functionality to make moving between scenes actually worthwhile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have a steering wheel I want to have one arm in foreground of it and one in background but if I add it to my character it distorts it.

I have a steering wheel that I want to have one arm in foreground of and one in background but if I add it to my character it distorts it. The torso goes into mid air not connected to the rest of the body. If I add the arm as a separate Ai file it keeps putting it back to default position when I switch back to my character.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base