Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Crashing when zooming out in multitrack session

Every time I try to zoom out past halfway in my multitrack session, the program crashes immediately

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ctrl+Tab to switch between open files

You used to be able to press Ctrl+Tab to switch between open files in prior versions of Adobe Audition-- the same as you can do in any web browser and most other applications. But now you can't. That makes it harder to be productive. It would help save a lot of time if we could Ctrl+Tab between files again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to select multiple tracks at once so I can mute or record with one button.

I multitrack our worship service every week. It would be nice to be able to select all the tracks and arm my recorder at the same time. Now I have to go in and select each track separately and it really slows things down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When inserting audio files into multitrack, leave a gap on the right for the next one

When pasting files into multitrack, it doesn't scroll to the end of the new file. Instead, I have to hit "End" and then hold the right arrow key to get enough of a gap to snap the next one to the end of it.

Also, it would be nice if I could insert several multitrack clips at once and have them distribute correctly to individual tracks. Currently, if I try to insert multiple multitrack clips, it tries to cram them all into one track. If I insert them individually, it breaks them up correctly into individual tracks.

For instance, the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Double speed payback at normal pitch PLEASE

Us voiceovers use double speed ALL DAY to fast check out files. Premiere Pro has this facility. Has done for YEARS! WE get headaches listening to Mickey Mouse voices all day! PLEASE put this facility in for us who use the "L" key constantly!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: macOS Big Sur Multitrack Waveform Display Problems

Using the 2020 and the Beta release of Audition on macOS Big Sur (I am aware, it's beta software).
    I am seeing the waveforms not render correctly in a multi-track view.
    It's actually almost impossible to work with these waveforms (see attachment).
    The waveforms sometimes jump back to normal when zooming in and out or scrolling or making a cut.
    But I thought I'd report this so people are aware and either not upgrade to Big Sur for now or Adobe can fix it before the public release of Big Sur.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Being able to nest multi-track sessions

I would LOVE to be able to link multi-track sessions to one another like pre-composing in AE. I find my multi track sessions get so busy so quickly as I use a lot of sound layers in my work and not having dynamic links to other multi tracks makes it really hard for me to have an efficient workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audition app for chromebook

It would be great if audition was made into an app to run on android/chrome OS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Favorite to act on current playhead position

Many many versions of AA ago (I can't remember when) I recorded a favorite to insert silence in the playhead position. It worked well. Now, when I try to do the same, the timestamp gets recorded as well. When I run the favorite it inserts the silence in this timestamp position instead of the playhead position. This must be a bug. Please fix this. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manuals & Tutorials

Learning how to use the Adobe Apps is a cluster...
    "Manuals" are obscure.
    The various "How-To" videos and other tutorials are scattered all over the place and nothing seems connected or based the science of education. Instead it seems random, disjointed and haphazard.
    Adobe, you have the resources to do a better job for the sake of current and new users. Don't abuse your near monopoly by neglecting the basics.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Utilize CPUs better when mixing down to file

I have a podcast template with 6 voice tracks, a dialog bus, SFX / music tracks and a final mix/check bus before master. I have 1-2 VST effects on each of these. Mixing down a 2 hour podcast episode will easily take an hour on a pretty decent machine - with 15% CPU utilization.

I realize this is complex, but couldn't the mixdown process be modularized to take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system, and thus probably reduce the mixdown time greatly?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. transcribe audio

Create a feature that transcribes audio to text. This feature use to be available in Premiere Pro CC 8.1 and older versions. Improve the technology and implement it into Audition CC

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Modern "Menu Design" as in the other premium programs, e.g. Photoshop

I hope Adobe will upgrade Au Pr and Ae to come also with a complete "modern UI" and "dark Menu" design like e.g. Photoshop do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug] Moving multiple clips in MultiTrack causes clips in multiple tracks to unsync.

I have found many people from 2018 that have this issue, and I am incredulous that it hasn't been fixed yet IN THREE YEARS. No preventative measures that were suggested had any effect, such as toggling snapping, holding cmd while I move the clips, dragging very slowly. This also happens when you copy/paste selected clips. Not only does it affect the selected clips, but it will also cause clips in other tracks to unsync. I tried deselecting auto crossfade, but alas, that only applies to each individual clip, which I consider to be a bug in and of itself. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit volume in .sesx file

The volume automation in Audition is done in dB values from - infinity to +15.

The .sesx file does save these values in long numbers between 0-1. Unfortunately help desk, user forums and a mathematician were not able to find out how they are calculated. I am working on big projects and entering values directly in the .sesx file would help my workflow enormous! I would love to get the formula or maybe in a future update if the data would be safed in dB values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update ETA for TC Loudness Radar for Au M1 Beta

Loudness Radar says currently not available on this platform, Are we waiting on TC for an update, OR Are there any alternatives loudness meters since this is is a required professional feature to deliver to broadcast specifications it strikes me as a priority.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We try to keep the public beta questions to the beta forum, where I responded earlier. But the TC meter will not be ARM-compatible and will be replaced with a fully-native and compatible replacement. Please keep an eye on the public beta builds for the M1 systems when it’s ready for preview.

17. Spectral Wave Editor

The spectral wave editor goes flat and 20 to 30 seconds. Playback sound is fine, but the lack of spectral wave form prohibits some editing.

Thank you,

Robb

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Color of the app icon

Why did the color of the Audition app icon change to the same color as After Effects? I liked it more when it was green. It was easier and faster to navigate between apps. Now the only difference is the "e" and "u". Before video was purple and audio green, it was so much easier!
    Anke

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Declipper to selection only not working

The Declipper effect applies to the whole clip, not just the selection - please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base