Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. insert

I would like the new punch and roll functionality to have the option (triggered by a key stroke) to insert new recorded audio, instead of overwriting which is the only option at the moment.

This means that I can't open a section of audiobook that needs pickups and insert the audio - moving the existing audio to the right. P+R can't be used to quick edits as it stands.

Behaviour should be similar to CMD+D in OcenAudio

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Audition's Audio Hardware Settings Changing

My audio hardware settings don't align with where my audio is actually coming from. I set it to come from my headset, and sometimes it works, but other times it seems to 'forget' and play from my speakers. This doesn't appear to be an issue with my headset nor my speakers, nor the firmware otherwise controlling them, as I'm still able to play sound from Premiere Pro through both (as set in its settings section) without issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. keyframes copy

Please add Copy and Paste for Keyframes wherever they are.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the option to export markers to ID3-tags within an mp3-file

Most podcast apps support chapter markers through the ID3-tags, which makes it easier for users to skip to a certain topic they like. In Audition markers are embedded into exported files using XMP and it isn't possible to export them to the ID3-tags of an mp3-file. This means podcast producers must use seperate tooling just to add chapters to an episode. It would be much easier if there was an option to directly export the marks to the ID3-tags.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make midi instrument/vst support in Audition a priority right away.

I't getting annoying that this popular issue is still not addressed by the coders. I've been subscribed for years and I'm wondering what is taking so long for a basic function of a DAW to be available in Audition.

And the fact that Audition used to support it but took it away... wtf?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add MIDI support!

We need a MIDI support DAW in Adobe Creative Cloud. Audition is very good, but still need this to be perfect :(

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Redraw waveforms.

I would like a pencil tool or something similar to redraw a waveform. Auto Heal works great, but sometimes you need to smooth out just a bit or mirror the surrounding waveform. Protools, Cubase, Sound Forge all have this functionality.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Marker

Please add a feature of Markers where the marker follows the content it is placed in/around when you move that content, rather than being stationary in the audition file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bitcrusher Effect

It'd be great to have a bitcrusher effect in Adobe Audition. I know you can already convert sample type of a file manually from the Edit menu. However, it'd be good to have an effect which could be used and automated inside the multitrack.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need to be able to lock the Zoom for long-form narration

I've waited years for the addition of Punch and Roll recording. Awesome! Added. However, when I hit stop after recording, Audition automatically zooms to show the entire segment I just recorded. This is REALLY annoying while actually DOING punch and roll recording because I have to be at a specific zoom level to know where to place the playhead. Without the option to lock the zoom in place, I am constantly having to zoom in or out to correctly see where in the audio I want to start recording again.

The reason this is an issue, is because you NEED…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't freeze track until stop in multitrack.

If I update settings on a frozen track while it's playing, it will freeze the track while playing, causing a brief interrupt in the sound. I would prefer it NOT to freeze until I hit stop. Because sometimes maybe I want to make 2-3 adjustments, in which case it's needlessly processing the freeze info.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple selections with Marquee tool.

It'd be great if I could select multiple areas of the timeline with the marquee tool like you can with the lasso tool by holding 'shift'. This way I could select multiple samples of the noise floor for noise reduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AAF

Please add the ability to import and export AAFs, OMFs are being phased out and have limited functionality compared to AAFs. Having the ability to use both would be incredibly useful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ATMOS, 7.1, et cetera - Mixing and Mastering for immversive formats!

Hello, Audition-Team!
    Blackmagic Design just rolled out some pretty impressive audio additions to Resolve 16... these SHOULD be in reach for Audition's next release - hopefully. Hey, we're talking about a Color-Grading-Suite regarding Resolve! Function and interface are looking pretty good there.
    Great work so far, Adobe, but THIS and bins to better organize your project... would go a LONG way to be future(/present)-proof.
    Best, Michael

Features in DaVinci Resolve 16: https://youtu.be/8fmvUsBPJn8?t=1218

PS: Truly great new steps in the current version! Loving it!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make Ripple Delete affect Bus automation

Currently, when you Edit > Insert > Insert Silence into a session, the automation keyframes on busses will move accordingly. Great.

But when you Edit > Ripple Delete > Time Selection in All Tracks, automation keyframes on busses will not move accordingly. Not great at all.

Like so: https://youtu.be/_hq7BsYotrg

If there's some advantage to Audition performing this way, I can't imagine it. But it'd be great to at least have an "Adjust track keyframes when performing ripple edits in busses" option in Preferences > Multitrack.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Strip Silence Feature

Add a feature similar to Logic Pro X's Strip Silence. Select a track in multitrack, select the new Strip Silence feature, add a few parameters and it cuts out all parts of the track that fall below a certain volume for a certain amount of time. All existing audio stays in the same place (it doesn't ripple delete anything). There are a few features already in Audition that can identify the beginning/end of silence and will place markers, but nothing will auto-delete the silence.

This is an EXTREMELY useful feature for podcast editing (allow the person to more easily move…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. I’ve seen this come up several times and certainly appreciate the value in breaking up long clips into smaller bits which can be more easily manipulated and edited. I believe we have an open item in the feature backlog, but I’ll double check and add your notes.

18. Stuck what can I do

I am wanting to record my shows on adobe audition is there anyway that you know of to turn keyboard shortcuts off as most times when recording I hit the spacebar and it stops my recording even when the program is in the task bar Thanks All

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. reset marker numbering

Currently, when I create a series of markers they are numbered sequentially which is fine. ie, 1, 2, 3... However, if I delete, say Marker 3, and then make a new marker, that one is named is Marker 4.

I would expect the Marker name to resume at 3 since I just deleted 3. This is important to me because I often create selection markers for glossary terms that need to remain in the exact sequence in which they were recorded. If I delete a marker there is no way to go back and reset the count without deleting all…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide the "search help" field from the toolbar.

Or at least make it so that the cursor does not default to that location when I open an audio file.

It is super annoying when I open a file and press SPACE to play the audio and not have play because the cursor is in that dang search bar field. Having to click into the audio Editor window just to play the audio is not something a user should have to do every time they open a file.

This is an audio program, it should be the default behavior to allow SPACE to play the audio immediately after opening…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base