Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an Adobe Audition Rush for Podcasters (alternative to Alitu)

Creating a brand new application for Podcasters would be great because Audition doesn't make it easy.

Some features that would be great include mixing the following apps and features together:
    1) alitu.com - The Adobe Rush equivalent of Audition
    2) headliner.app - to create audiograms for social media of any length
    3) Being able to rename clips of audio from a full podcast timeline so that it is easier to make highlights clips for social media.
    4) If you need to create, for example, a 10-minute audiogram for social media, the AI would be able to auto-fit your clips in…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Serious Gain Staging Problem with BUS TRACK!!!!

Hi! Audition is having a serious problem with gain staging! when you route a stereo track to a stereo bus you loose aprox. 3dB in that bus!
    why? this is really a serious problem and you should fix that immediately

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please check the default panning mode in Preferences>Multitrack>Default panning mode. If it’s set to -3.0 dB Center, it will be -3.0 dB down. You should have this setting set to Left/Right Cut (Logarithmic). I have attached the two places where you can change this setting (Preferences and Session Properties (Panning). Thanks.

3. Playback Autoscroll permanent off state

Guys, the playback autoscroll keeps turning on everytime you hit play, it's a freaking nightmare. It should stay off and if the user wants that annoying feature, then they can turn it on. PLEASE.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Renaming multiple clips at once

I want to be able to rename multiple clips simultaneously - ie highlight an edited section and rename it 'sam virus comment'. I'm sure this used to be possible but now, as soon as clip is split, the 'rename' option is greyed out if you highlight both sections. Please restore this - or tell me if there is a change I can make in settings. I got your online help desk to check this out and they said that the feature no longer existed. Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ABILITY TO LOCK VERTICAL SCROLL OF ENTIRE SESSION.

I'd like to be able to easily zoom in on tracks, while not scrolling up and down the session. A quick 'SCROLL LOCK' box would be great. Also (as previously mentioned) to be able to lock zoom on individual tracks. Thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it possible to select any number of ranges in the Markers pane and run effects on them

It would be so helpful if we could select one or more ranges in the Markers pane and then run effects on them, either normal effects or Favorites we set up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audition CC hangs when exiting program after last update. Premier works normally upon exit.

Audition CC hangs when exiting program after last update. Premier works normally upon exit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audition CC hangs when exiting program after last update. Premier works normally upon exit.

Audition CC hangs when exiting program after last update. Premier works normally upon exit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. don't lose application settings

For whatever reason, when I opened Audition 2020 today, a dialog box said "settings from Audition 12 have been found" and asked if I wanted to import them. I don't think I ever used Audition 12. I use Audition 2020 and whatever was immediately prior to that (CC I think).

So I clicked "no," do not import my settings from Audition 12. Then when the application finished opening, many of my preference settings were reset to defaults. My key commands, display theme, and hardware settings were gone.

I've spent a couple hours replicating the ones I need to work today,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Adobe Audition STILL unable to access browser in MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

Adobe Audition (13.0.3.60) STILL is unable to access the browser in MacOS Catalina (10.15.3). Example: When clicking "browse" (see screen shot), you get an error (see screen shot).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multicore performance (or lack thereof) in Audition

I’ll just post a (slightly modified for context) message that I sent to Jason Levine as an open letter since there is literally no information or outreach about this out there.

TL;DR, I’m very close to switching DAWs (likely Pro Tools) even though I don’t want to. Between this and a lack of a real strip silence feature that’s also usable in the nondestructive environment, and which doesn’t force me to ripple my track and/or export to hundreds of useless markers, it’s becoming less and less viable to continue editing in Audition.

Hi Jason,

Please forgive me for contacting you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please, could You kindly fix the "Edit clip in Audition"

Audiotin seems to be the most useless program I have ever used since I got my first mac in year 1992. The one and only time I try to use it is in Premiere CC when I try to use the command "Edit Clip in Audition".

And it NEVER works, even if I have the newest version updated; the Audition opens, but the clip does not appear in it.

I have tried to remove the programs, update the programs, use the old&new version mixed - and nothing helps. It has been around TWO years since I was last time able…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. be able to use timecode in playhead

Davinci resolve has the ability to display my audio file's current timecode. But audition will not. It only starts at 00:00:00:00 rather than my timecode that is embedded in my clip

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instant crash on french KB when pressing CMD+à

On Audition 13.0.5.36 on a MBP running MacOS 10.14.6, the program crashes immediately when the Key combo CMD+à (the key placed on the 0 key without shift)
    No other special character seems to make that happen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adobe Audition 2019 does not play in Dropbox

Ever since upgrading to AA 2019, none of the audio files or sessions will play within dropbox as they did before in 2018. I've gone thru this countless times with support and we can't seem to get to the root of the problem. Nothing has changed on my system except for the 2019 install. How can I get my adobe audio files and sessions to open and play within dropbox as I have been doing for the last 5 years?

Every other file opens. The audio even plays with windows media player within dropbox but nothing opens via adobe audition.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audition self launches randomly

Audition will randomly launch when desktop unattended and no audio applications or files open. Found 49 instances had launched during the night. Have to uninstall to stop. No setting account for this bizarre behavior.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update the outdated (2012) ITU loudness matching

Loudness matching is a great tool in Audition; Especially so, with the introduction of ITU BS.1770 loudness matching. Unfortunately, only 1770-3 from 2012 is currently supported, while BS.1770-4 was approved back in 2015. The major update in "-4" is the improved support of multi-channel loudness matching. The algorithm update is VERY simple and would be easy to implement. I think the time has come to get it done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG - Dynamics Processing plugin

Hi guys,
    Please, try to improve some natives plugins from Audition. Like Dynamics Process, where the graphics points and the lines with the ratio and thresholds values are not linked. If I change the points on the graphic, this changes the number on the lines, but I can't make it in the inverse sense. The solution for this is maybe one or two lines of code, guys. And in the limiter position, the line in the graphic go under the threshold value and don't change the name to "limiter". The gate position is blocked in the threshold value, but maybe…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base