Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nondestructive Waveform Editing

When making edits to an individual clip it would great if it would save the changes as a recipe as in Lightroom Classic, or transparently render a new file into media cache or RAM and change the pointers to reference it. This would operate safely the way Lightroom Classic, Premiere Pro and other professional apps operate.

Additionally, the users shouldn’t be promoted to manually save changes to clips. This should be done automatically in the background and the multitrack editor and Dynamic Link partners should reference the newest clip version without manual file reference / save as changes.

Perhaps in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Controller surface optimization

It would be wonderful if the arrow keys on my control surface would scroll my entire screen by half a screen at a time, instead of moving my playhead, since that's what the jog wheel is for. Also, it would be wonderful to have faster, or even variable scrubbing speed on my jog wheel, because that is god awfully slow

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement Premiere's synchronization of audio

For something like podcast editing, synchronization would be an awesome feature. We can record the call that we're on to use as the base - and then sync the raw audio from our microphones to the call audio to make sure that our responses are at the right time, to quickly be able to delete that and focus on making the audio itself sound good, rather than spending extra time lining up everybody's audio just right. It'd be great to have it be a native feature instead of trying to do it in Premiere first!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insert Silence Dialogue Missing/Doesn't Work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/add-silence-dialog-box-stops-appearing/td-p/10688443?page=1

Happens on PC (me) and here on Mac. So cross platform. Happened to me when editing stereo and mono files working with wav, mp3 and m4a files.

Here is info from others:

When adding a chosen duration of silence to a recording, I go to: Finder > Edit > Insert > Silence. A pop-up dialog box then appears allowing me to choose the time duration. I then hit "OK", and away we go...

Currently, this operation will work two or three times before the final dialog box stops appearing, never to return until I restart my computer. I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: Unable to hide Audition on a machine equipped with Apple M1 chip

Using a 2020 MacBook Pro w/ M1 chip, running macOS Big Sur v11.1. The user is unable to hide Adobe Audition using either the key command (cmd+H) or the menu option to hide the application. Presume this is specific to M1 chip devices as the problem does not exist on an Intel based Mac Mini (2018) running the same OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: macOS Big Sur with Audio file Display Problem

I have seen people reporting about display problems in Multitrack Waveform. I also want to show that it also affect single audio file as well. I unstalled and reinstalled Adobe Audition but the problem was still the same.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save Track multiple track FX as preset channel strip

I edit a podcast and we typically use the same 3-4 effects plugins on the same 3 voices for each episode. I already have presets of the individual plugins saved, but it could be nice to be able to save all FX on a single track as a preset channel strip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move multiple markers at once

I do a lot of audios with multiple markers and have to move audios several times, adding some more or cutting others.

In this matter, I have to move several markers at once and it is currently impossible. What works though is inserting a silence to move all the next markers at once, but that's not convenient at all because it has to break some tracks.

So having a simple feature that, after having selected several markers in the "marker panel", allow us to move these markers with a duration would be a huge time saving !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. why do I now have to sign in every time I open my laptop? frustrating!

make it easier to contact someone! why do I have to now sign in every time I open my laptop? Frustrating

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Parallelize Audition Mixdown - Time-based chunks

If Audition is, for some reason, limited to single core processing when rendering audio, it should at least break the session into chunks by time and process them in parallel.

For instance, if I am rendering a 30 minute session, and I have 12 processor cores, Audition should simultaneously render 10x (leaving 2 cores for stability) 3 minute sessions and then merge them into a single WAV file when complete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speech-to-Text

Hi Dear team,

We organise many cultural, scientific events such as conferences. A Speech-to-Text option can help us so much.

Cordially

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Through Edit

Coming to Audition from Premiere, to edit podcasts. Would love the option in the multitrack editor timeline to turn on "through edit" symbols. I really rely on these in Premiere to know if a cut is continuous.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Synchronize Audio with Merge Clips function

I'm looking to algorithmically sync audio recorded from different sources within audition just like in Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sound Effects Downloads

Can you make it possible to listen to or preview Sound Effects Downloads before downloading an entire Gig or two of clips?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Even if just a "Light" version, Audition for Android and/or chrome would be pretty useful.

Even if just a "Light" version, Audition for Android and/or chrome would be pretty useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the ability to annotate any kind of track in multitrack.

Like Pro Tools, I want to be able to describe each track in detail by annotating each track individually. I want to be able to annotate any kind of track that can be used in multitrack, whether it is an audio track or a bus track.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. aaf import PLEASE!!!!

Two years since people started asking for this. Still nothing. I guess it's too much trouble. I'll stick with Pro Tools then.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base