Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't change volume until "return"

If I'm listening to a session, and decide I want to change a track's volume from -23 to -26, typing that will cause the track to adjust to -2 for a moment while I'm typing. That's super annoying. I want the track volume to change only after I hit return.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Any plans for Audiogram creation in Auditon or Rush?

I use headliner.app to create social media audiograms (their competitor is getaudiogram.com which is also popular with other podcasters).

Are there any plans to offer this functionality with Adobe Rush or Audition in future? The encoding performance on Headliner is really slow whether you are on their free or paid app.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please change the font size and the color schemes: too hard to read!

I couldn't believe it the first time I opened the new Adobe Audition interface. The gray on gray and tiny font is IMPOSSIBLE to read easily in any color "scheme". Please go back to the previous Adobe Audition interface, which was wonderful and much easier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe Audition should accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

Hi you really need to make it so that Adobe Audition will accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the "Synchronize" functionality that already exists in Premiere so we can sync multiple clips

We should clips to different tracks in the multitrack editor, select them all, and synchronize them! For example, I have several sources from a live event - i want them all synced before I start to edit. This technology already exists in Premiere - please add it to Audition!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. marker, bin, bpm

I am a great user for a long time of the adobe products that I consider very performing. The program I use and know best is premiere, after less used after effects, and finally audition. I must note that audition beyond the integrations through the dynamic link seems a somewhat anomalous program. There are no folders in which to sort different files, there is no premiere export of clip markers that are displayed in audition, if you want to work on a part of the sequence to premiere and then another part, the chaos of files in the project audition,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to change the YELLOW BAR gain control on all clips simultaneously. For eg reset them all back to 0.

Sometimes receiving premiere projects the editor has altered the yellow bar to a different amount on each clip and it would be good to be able to reset them all in one

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Playback Speed 1.5x 2x monochromatic with double click "L"

Hey there,

I know, currently this is not possible, but I'm thinking about this for a long time (a lot Audition went by since) and I cannot understand why you did't have implemented this feature I'm requesting here not 12 versions before version 13.

Currently we have a lot of podcasts, podcast customers and podcast editing employees in our firm. So my request here comes from a very "business like" standpoint. 

My team and I love to cut podcasts with jkl. That's it.

And with Screenflow and even (that bugs me most) with Adobe Premiere I can double click "l"…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve Marker autonaming/numbering

Currently when using keystroke M to add markers, Audition names the new marker with the prefix specified in the Marker Prefix field in Preferences and a 2 cipher number is assigned sequentially with no user control.

The requested upgrades would be:

1) Allow users to set/reset starting number during a session, regardless of existing markers

2) If user sets a new Marker, then immediately renames it in the Marker panel, a pop dialog box could then prompt user if new markers should be named with the same prefix (this prompt could have a “Do not show me again” checkbox so…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add track select forward/backward command (A) in the multitrack like Premiere.

In Premiere, you can select everything on all layers to the right of the play-head when you select the A key and get the double arrows. (Or Shift+A to select to the left.) You can move the items on the timeline as a group.

For Audition, Jason Levine pointed out that you can use Alt-Cmd-T to select clips to the right of the play-head, but only on a specific track. I would love to move all tracks to the left of right.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Play simultaneous clips on a track level

The new option to play simultaneous clips is now only applied to a global level. It should be on a track level so a user can choose on which tracks he wants this option to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. light mode required

Once again I am posting this because I do not believe you realise how SERIOUS this is. I work on a desk which cannot be moved, neither can my monitors nor my audio and camera equipment. The sun shines onto me from a big glass window behind my desk. I have no choice in the matter.

I struggle to see what is on the screen because of your poor choice of a dark background for all your products with exception of InDesign. A bright background behind the monitor makes it almost impossible to see the controls on the screen. I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlighted (to be processed) section should be different then playback section

When processing a highlighted section, that section is being playback. This is in my case not what i want. When editing a part of a sample, let's say the punch of a kick drum, the playback is about 50 ms and that sound like a machine gun. But without playback i can't hear what i'm doing. I would like to see a function where you can loop the whole sample for playback while also hearing the highlighted part your processing. In this way you can hear what your processing does to the whole sample. Then when you're happy with the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When audio imported via DynamicLink from Premiere Pro, "save" is always a "save as" function.

Save function always triggers "save as" function when working on audio imported via DynamicLink from Premiere Pro. HUGE waste of time! Adobe pro's have been posting since April to solve problem with update of software. As of 11/22/19, I have the most up to date version of Audition and Premiere Pro, both running on an iMac with High Sierro OS (the latest version my older mac can run). Please fix ASAP, as work must be saved regularly but should not take multiple steps when "command S" should work instantly. Clearly your software updates have NOT fixed this issue!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fades

On "Fade In" and "Fade Out" I would like much greater control to raise the beginning and end of a fade. i.e. beginning +.25 to +11dB... I want to change the numbers independent of one another. This was a feature I got very use to in Cool Edit... If people want the quick fade in and fade out that is great keep it. But I would love having the greater control.
    Sometime I will fade out 0 to -240. Also, sometimes I need to go from +.25 to +7 or whatever to ride the end of a song, bed, or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to copy/paste keyframes between tracks

It would be nice to copy/paste keyframe placement between tracks. In this case, I changed the levels in certain areas of a music track that wasn't finished. Instead of going back and reinserting said keyframes at the same values in the finished file, it would be nice to select all keyframes in the unfinished file and paste them in the new file. I've tried doing this and all it does is copy/paste the actual file instead of its keyframes.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. iPad Pro version

Would love to have an iPad Pro version that I could record and edit podcasts with

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base