Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Center Channel Mapping

In the “Audio Channel Mapping” preferences, allow “File Channel 3 [C]” to be mapped to both left and right outputs so that mono (“center”) channels can be heard through both outputs while playing back in the Waveform Editor. This behavior seems to happen automatically when using the built-in speakers as the Default Output, but changing the Default Output hardware breaks it. The result is that the user is forced to listen to mono signals through either the left or right output, but not both.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Noise Print Saving

In the Noise Reduction effect, in order to save a Noise Print, I have to save twice. Currently, saving once does not save the captured Noise Print, and I have lost prints several times because of this bug. Please fix this; thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add rating and comments columns to Audition media browser

Add rating and comments columns to Audition media browser

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exterior Re-creation via Plug-In

Hi,

My name Is Peter Michael Sullivan. You can check my credentials here: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0838292/

One of my specialties is the recreation of exterior spaces; it is here I can be of use to you.

The (quick as I can make it sensible) back-story. While working on “What Dreams May Come” I had finally “had it” with interior reverbs, for that is all reverbs provide since we all know the primary market is music, not film, but in film sound design, the realm I work in, exteriors are just as if not more common. I tried my damnedest to recreate forest…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rectangular Window for Frequency Analysis

For the analysis of transients and recordings based on multi sine test signals (sine frequencies = FFT bins) a rectangular window is required. Please add this to the already very good selection of windows. Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Crossfades don't transfer over from Premiere properly

In premiere, I insert room tone between voiceover bytes in order to smooth out the voiceover and make the edits sound natural. (this is a common practice in industry). I crossfade these chunks of roomtone over a duration of 2 or 3 frames. This is very easy to do quickly in Premiere, selecting all of the transitions and using the keyboard shortcut. However, these crossfades change when I bring the sequence over to Audition for the soundmix. (I'm sending it over from Premiere via Edit -> Edit sequence in Audition). The crossfades become fade-outs that bump up against each other.…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chinese translation for Automatic Pitch Correction needs improving

Multiple technicals have been missed:
    Major & minor should be “大调” & “小调” rather than “主要” & “次要”.
    Key should be “调” rather than “键”.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scanning plug ins will crash ( non responsive ) CS6 on a mac running El Capitan

I run Mac Book Pro, El Capitan 10.11.6, Audition CS6 Version 5 Build 708. In scanning for Waves plug ins, CS6 will consistently generate a crash report and become non responsive. On crash report page, an option to re-start the scan process will sometimes be successful in completing a scan but not always. Also, Audition CS6 does not seem to recognize Waves V10 plug ins.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. currently my cc2017 version is saving all mixdown files as Wide orbit wavs. unlike cs6 and 3.0, theres no way to adjust the default.

add the same feature you had going back to 3.0. it was under edit/preferences/system tab
    "default format for save as dialogs"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Crashing when changing workspace

Audition CC 11.1.1.3 crashes often when doing a ripple delete in multitrack. AND, it has recently begun crashing when changing workspace while working on a single waveform. Windows 7, details attached.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix unwanted pitch change when exporting to .m4a audio format

Unwanted pitching up of tracks occurs when they are exported to .m4a format. Please fix this

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Incorrect display of VST plugins at high DPI resolutions

I have a similar problem with the incorrect display of plugins in Adobe Audition. My PC is set to a DPI resolution of 125 percent. Now I have the problem that the plugin StereoTool does not work. When I start Audition and load the plugin, the plugin just gets cut off. The plugin itself recognizes the higher DPI resolution, and wants to anticipate a corresponding scaling. In Audacity, for example, it works without any problems. But in Audition it is almost impossible to work with the plugin. Solving the above problem should also immediately fix this problem because it is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AUTOMATIC VIDEO CUTTING while DELETING SILENCE

You could add an automatic video cutting at the same time (and with the same concordance) that you use the option "delete silence" in the Diagnostic Effect. It's a nice idea to make faster videos, such as the youtubers do them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AUTOMATIC CUTTING while DELETE SILENCE

You could add an automatic video cutting at the same time (and with the same concordance) that you use the option "delete silence" in the Diagnostic Effect. It's a nice idea to make faster videos, such as the youtubers do them.

TKS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audition Crashes because it can not delete a back up file

So far randomly, but often, I get a fatal crash because Audition could not delete a file in the Auditions 11 Backup folder

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video media automatically unlinking after import

Upon importing .mp4 video files with audio attached into my multitrack project, the video files will offline itself as soon as I "save" the project, leaving me with only the audio from the .mp4.

If I try to relink this media to the original .mp4 in it's original location (I work on our companies server, so it's in a different "output" folder), it will continue to do the same offline action of copying the file into the "Imported Files" folder and then unlinking itself. The only way to get it to stick is to link the media to the .mp4…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatización "Fade In/Out" para varios bloques de audio

Cuando estás trabajando con la voz, y ya has borrado todas las partes que te interesan, sería muy útil poder seleccionar todos los bloques y aplicarles un fade in un out a todos ellos a la vez

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible to run Audition in a non-hiDPI mode to help with plugin usage

Currently using plugins while running at a 4k resolution is a NIGHTMARE. Every plugin opens tiny, and resizing the plugin window doesn't increase the size of the plugin, it simply adds more grey around the plugin which is of absolutely ZERO value.

In Ableton, they resolve this issue by allowing the user to disable a HiDPI mode, allowing for plugins to open and function at level meant to be seen without the aid of a scanning electron microscope. Given that Adobe is a bigger and more sophisticated outfit, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to do something similar.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video from Interlaced Premiere Pro Sequence seems to be deinterlaced when opened in Audition

I'm experimenting with the new feature to open PP projects in Audition. We work in an interlaced format, and I've found that our video is deinterlaced when it goes into Audition. This is undesirable, as the deinterlacer isn't good and degrades the look of our programs.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable bussing to a record-enabled track for real-time auditing of a mixdown, total time-saver for music and video sound edits..

I edit sound for video, as well as record original music as underscores and themes. It would save time to audit a mix while printing it, rather than creating a mixdown, and then reviewing for adjustments. Currently, one cannot bus from the Master to a recording track. I can do this on an external board, but it would be AWESOME to have this within Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base