Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show match frame edits (and allow their removal)

Another NLE cross-breed. (I understand that the way video editors work may not suit the way DAW natives work!)

In most NLEs there is a 'show match frame' or equivalent. Typically this is a small white equals sign indicating where a clip has just been 'split' and otherwise levels/pan etc are exactly the same. The equals sign changes colour (say to red) to indicate that this is still a 'match frame' in terms of time but that there is a difference between either side of the edit (level / pan / clip based plug-in applied etc).

So if you make…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. General Performance Bugs (moving audition window, play-head framy, levels monitor slow.

i haven't seen this reported anywhere elsewhere so it seams like I'm an edge case, but essentially Audition for me is acting like programs do when your CPU is taxed 100%. The whole program is just extremely laggy, the whole window takes ages to move then I try to drag it around, it takes a long time to open effect windows, the playhead is laggy, ect... It's worth stating that my PC is pretty overpowered for Audition so there shouldn't be any issues like this and there weren't any before. It's just acting like my PC is working too hard…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NEW DENOISER BUG

The new Denoiser effect is really useful :) but it's still leaving a little first part of the clip with noise :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Free license for didactical & non-commercial use of Adobe Audition 1.0

Although obsolete, Adobe Audition 1.0 is a still valid piece of software.
    As a bioacoustician, I still use it to analyze sounds for the very few scientific papers that I publish on international journals from time to time. Now I've been asked to organize a free-of-charge workshop about Bioacoustics, to be held in a classroom-like scenario. For a better understanding of the examples I'm going to show, I would like to install Adobe Audition 1.0 also on the PC's of the "pupils" and activate it with my own license key for the duration of the event.
    That is why I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. playback picture

I would be interested in being able to play picture back via Mercury Playback Engine, to make use of our existing setups with the Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audition should not put audio 17 minutes from the start of a new multitrack session.

I selected two files that I had newly opened in Audition (in the Files pane), right-clicked, and said "Insert into new multitrack session."

For no apparent reason, the audio begins around 16:54 in the timeline, with blank space before that. The playhead was at zero beforehand. Screen shot attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. EQ frequency level metters for each frq. segment

hey amazing idea
    level metters paralle to its corresponding frequency segment measure in EQ. To give us understanding of the frequency level that the specific segment is at in exact dB before, after, and during editing , and changes. For example, at the fre. of 80hz would have a db meter and the same for all the other frequency nob, other Effects could also use the same function

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audition crashes when choose Audio Hardware preference whether I change a setting or not

Audition crashes when I go to preferences and choose Audio Hardware from the menu. The crash occurs whether I change the settings in Audio Hardware or not. Once I click okay the tracks show inactive and then the crash occurs.

The crash is duplicated each time by carrying out the same exact steps. We are unable to choose our mixer and the mics as inputs due to this bug.

We are using Adobe Audition 2019 (Build 12.0.1.34)

Our mixer is a Behringer X Air XR18 running the latest firmware
    The Behringer X Air ASIO driver installed is version 4.38.0

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug making it hard to work with multiple files. Selection range and view is persistent from one file to the next.

This used to work correctly. I can't find a preference for it. If it is a bug, please address it soon --- it has completely broken my workflow. Thanks!

To reproduce:
    1. Open two audio files.
    2. In file one, select a range in the waveform editor (e.g. between 1.0-1.5 seconds)
    3. Double click on file two. Note that same range (e.g. 1.0-1.5 seconds) is selected in it. Now select a different range (e.g. 0.5-1.0 seconds)
    4. Double click on file one. Note that new range (e.g. 0.5-1.0 seconds) is now selected in file one (not the original 1.0-1.5 seconds.) …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audition randomly stops recording

Ever since I installed Mojave (10.14.3 in a Mac Pro with SSD NVMe drive), while recording, both in Waveform and in Multitrack, Audition can spontaneously stop recording with no warning.
    I do voice overs, and I had resorted to placing the undocked "Time" window in the booth screen, to make sure it was recording. But it turns out that THAT wasn't a guarantee either. The "Time" window would continue running, but the program had stopped recording! You have to see it to believe it. I'll try to make a video of it next time it happens.
    I've had to resort…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How about a way to lock the workspace so people don't ***** up my life?

How about a way to prevent other people from screwing up my workspace? Password perhaps? or even a simple "Are you sure you want to overwrite this workspace" would save so much heartache.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automatic Tunerecognition

For sample editing it would be useful if audition could export the found tune of an audiofile as a textfile for renaming the audiofiles.

Best option would be if i could do this as a batch for hundreds or thousands of audiofiles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audition CC 2019 crashes when I select USB microphone array ASIO driver

Audition crashes every time when I choose microphone array (ZYLIA ZM-1) ASIO driver in preferences. Application freezes after changing Audio Hardware to ZM-1 or trying to change the sampling rate for this device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audition CC 2019 crashes when I select USB microphone array ASIO driver

Audition crashes every time when I choose microphone array (ZYLIA ZM-1) ASIO driver in preferences. Application freezes after changing Audio Hardware to ZM-1 or trying to change the sampling rate for this device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be an option to convert wav to uncompressed FLAC.

There should be an option to convert wav to uncompressed FLAC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No Audio input in Adobe Audition CC

After the update of MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC, I no longer have any incoming audio in Adobe Audtion. I have connected a Lexicon Alpha audio interface via USB to an iMac. Only playback works well. Is this a problem with Adobe Audition or the Apple software? Someone an idea or solution?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No Audio input in Adobe Audition CC

After the update of MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC, I no longer have any incoming audio in Adobe Audtion. I have connected a Lexicon Alpha audio interface via USB to an iMac. Only playback works well. Is this a problem with Adobe Audition or the Apple software? Someone an idea or solution?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Crossfades don't transfer over from Premiere properly

In premiere, I insert room tone between voiceover bytes in order to smooth out the voiceover and make the edits sound natural. (this is a common practice in industry). I crossfade these chunks of roomtone over a duration of 2 or 3 frames. This is very easy to do quickly in Premiere, selecting all of the transitions and using the keyboard shortcut. However, these crossfades change when I bring the sequence over to Audition for the soundmix. (I'm sending it over from Premiere via Edit -> Edit sequence in Audition). The crossfades become fade-outs that bump up against each other.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to have the preview of the waveform in multi track too ...

The preview which shows the waveform live with the effect in waveform view I would like to have in the multitrack view please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. bugs: EFFECTS OF THE MULTITRACK WITH BETTER PERFORMANCE

Audition keeps generating "pops" and strange sound artifacts in multitracks with multiples effects in general (both the "red" ones and the normal ones), even if the tracks are preprocessed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base