Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause"

Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause". After releasing it works well.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reorganise plug ins

Hi, would be great if we could reorganise plug ins.

Currently my WAVEs plug ins look like the attached screenshot - would be brilliant to bundle them in with the stock EQ catergories etc, like in Pro Tools!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cumulative time across multiple clips

Podcasters need the ability to add up the cumulative time across multiple clips in a track when creating shorter 5 or 10 minute highlights editions of a 1+ hour podcast. There is no way to do this as per my original request in the community here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/duration-of-all-clips-in-a-track-context-creating-a-10-min-podcast-highlights-episode/td-p/10967207?page=1

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Renaming multiple clips at once

I want to be able to rename multiple clips simultaneously - ie highlight an edited section and rename it 'sam virus comment'. I'm sure this used to be possible but now, as soon as clip is split, the 'rename' option is greyed out if you highlight both sections. Please restore this - or tell me if there is a change I can make in settings. I got your online help desk to check this out and they said that the feature no longer existed. Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow me to add to the recording in waveform or multitrack without recording over existing track

Why can't one record in an existing track without recording over what is already there? I know, I have read where Audition functions like the old tape recorders. Except tape recorders are pretty much obsolete.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Marker autonaming/numbering

Currently when using keystroke M to add markers, Audition names the new marker with the prefix specified in the Marker Prefix field in Preferences and a 2 cipher number is assigned sequentially with no user control.

The requested upgrades would be:

1) Allow users to set/reset starting number during a session, regardless of existing markers

2) If user sets a new Marker, then immediately renames it in the Marker panel, a pop dialog box could then prompt user if new markers should be named with the same prefix (this prompt could have a “Do not show me again” checkbox so…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

90 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. search/copy effects like in other Adobe programs + create folders in import window

these things would very much improve everyday life with audition

• ability to create folders in import window

• ability to search effects like (PPro, AE,)

• ability to copy effects and paste to other clips

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want the razor tool in waveform view...I'm forced to open a multisession. I would prefer destructive editing like Soundforge or Wavelab.

Sometimes I want simple destructive editing in waveform view and yet I am forced to create a multisession view. This is why I still use Sounddforge and Wavelab. They allow this and it makes for a MUCH FASTER WORKFLOW.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audition: Typo in deDE on Restore after Crash UI

When Audition starts after having crashed, there's a typo on the button "Löschen", see attached image.

I know, our Umlauts are a pain in the accessories. ;)

Thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Copy Paste between Audition and other apps

This would function the same way that copy pasting between Premiere and After Effects. To quickly enable bringing something into Audition to be edited, or to bring in a VO you just recorded to premiere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Audition 3.0 was great. Then executives started redesign. The result is horrible.

We were gifted with keypads that interface with Cool Edit 2000's menus. Naturally, each iteration of this product embraces changes to the menus that make the keypads unworkable. This is a radio reading service for the blind. There are 16 recording studios. Volunteers (400 of them) use Cool Edit 2000 (yes, 20 years old) because the keypads work with legacy software but not with anything published later by Adobe as Audition. As a man with a graduate degree in Computer Science I am a software developer. I know what is and what is not possible. You guys know P/L statements.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the Loudness Radar a Dockable Meter

The Loudness Radar as implemented does not change the audio in any way, so why is it placed in the Effects menu? It would be so much more useful as a dockable meter that one can monitor just like VU and phase. Or, if it must stay in the Effects menu, why not allow one to specify a target loudness and then have the Loudness Radar adjust the audio to meet that loudness?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create pkf files for multichannel wav

Only having a rudimentary knowledge that .PKF files are metadata used for display caching purposes (opening and displaying WAV files more quickly), I was wondering why multichannel WAV files can't have this? I have a multi-track recorder that saves the data as single, multi-channel WAV files. I have noticed that, when opened, no PKF file is generated, and when opening a session, it takes ages to open and display, as the large files have to be re-scanned every time the session is loaded. I have wondered this in regards to loading other file formats as well. Why can't metadata be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to "Rotate" 5.1 Clips

On many occasions I had to split up existing 5.1 atmospheres and reposition the mono-tracks individually to "reposition" the audio. This is extremely time consuming, if the there needs to be an animation/pan on top of it all. Being able to do this via an effect or panning function would be very helpful for sound design.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move markers with duration as a whole

Currently one can only move the In/Out points of any given marker.

If I have a duration marker that starts at 0 second and ends at 1 second and I want to move the marker to start at 2 seconds, I have to first move the in-point to 2 seconds and then the end-point to 3 seconds if I want to keep the duration of the marker. It would be great if duration markers could be moved like in After Effects, where the entire marker can be repositioned without adjusting the duration.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drag timeline with mouse at the top AND with hand tool like in After Effects

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in Audition to drag the timeline, the way it is handled in After Effects, additionally to dragging the timeline by hovering the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base