Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Record multiple inputs simultaneously

The ability to record multiple inputs simultaneously into separate tracks would be wonderful. I am using two USB devices, one a microphone and another a direct box. I would love to be able to record both at once.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: warning/error dialogue box

Audition 2020 13.0.9.4.1 - Catalina 10.15.6.

When opening multiple files at once, the warning/error dialogue box automatically disappears after the last file is opened making impossible to read the error or multiple errors (missing files, missing plug ins etc..).

Currently the only way to make the warning to work correctly is to open one file at a time.

EDIT: today, same sesxs, same machine and files, the problem is disappeared. I'll report here what could have influenced Audition. Please Adobe verify anyway my report. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export/Import Favorites

Just as Export/Import of Racks is a glaring omission, so is the same for Favorites.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable auto scroll permanently

Please allow auto-scroll in the multi track editor to be disabled permanently, so it doesn't turn itself back on every time I play/pause the session.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mixdowns ignore pre-rendered tracks, instead Audition processes all the effects fresh when mixing down. Not right crazy extra SLOW.

When mixing/bouncing down, Audition SHOULD NOT have to reprocess all the track effects if the tracks are pre-rendered. If I prerender all tracks with FX, The mixdown should basically be as fast as if no FX are on tracks.
    This is definitely not the case. A mixdown takes the same amount of time whether or not FX are pre-rendered.
    For a 90 minute movie score session with lots of HQ FX, this can make the render take hours, when it should take only a few minutes (as if it had no FX).
    Makes for a big waste of time waiting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Latest update to Audition causes it to be unable to save any files

Latest updates to Audition now produce an error claiming "disk full" when try to save files.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable ToolTips

Need the ability to Disable Tooltip pop-up balloons. They really get in the way when I'm editing a Multitrack Session. When I'm working on 1 Track, if I'm toggling between Razor and Move, and adjusting Volume, it totally gets in the way. Then I have to mouse away to get rid of it. In a lot of cases, I'm editing Podcast Vocals and tasked with removing a lot of dead air in between content or the speaker's thoughts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: macOS Big Sur with Audio file Display Problem

I have seen people reporting about display problems in Multitrack Waveform. I also want to show that it also affect single audio file as well. I unstalled and reinstalled Adobe Audition but the problem was still the same.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Snap to Zero Crossings on multichannel files larger than stereo

I edit podcasts using the waveform editor, and sometimes have 3 or more people in a conversation that necessitates having an audio file with 3 or more channels, in order to keep everyone separate. I also have Snap to Zero Crossings enabled under Snapping, so that edits are smoother and there isn't a loud pop or click every time I hit play when the playhead does not start on a zero crossing. I only now realized that the Snap to Zero Crossings feature only works on mono and stereo files - anything more than 2 channels and it's greyed out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the Audition Menu bar consistent with the Windows desktop theme

Even with Windows dark mode selected, the Audition 13.0.7.38 menu bar is as bright as a thousand suns. Ironically the new Audition app icon is as dark as a moonless night; so I not sure what's going on here.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. <BUG> Bring back the ability for a favorite to act relative to the playhead, not the file

In a recent version update Audition seemed to lose the ability for a new recorded favourite to work on a selection, or generate things at the location of the playhead. The favourites recorded in previous versions (when they were called scripts) still work, but no new ones can be created (which suggests that the software is still there but a piece of the interface has been lost).
    In the current version when creating or updating a favorite only fixed absolute time periods and ratios are able to be worked on - which is useless unless you are working on exactly…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Urgent COVID-19 File Management and Clip Bins Upgrade

Adobe Audition has been adopted by many journalist in Canada as the field/home audio editor during COVID-19. Only a few journalist were using it pre COVID-19 but now with most journalist working from home many more are attempting to use it. At the Canadian public broadcaster DALET is the in-house Networked editing system. I am appealing to Adobe to update the file management in Audition. For less tech savvy journalist Audition has been a nightmare doing their job. You create a session and than you add different files to the session. The next job is to extract clips, name them…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Control Surface Customization in Audition: Support for X-Touch Mini and others

ted with how little support Audition and Premiere Pro have for it. For instance, support is limited to Mackie Control (MC) mode, the encoder knobs are limited to panning, and the buttons to their default functions, some of which don't work.

This device is relatively inexpensive and is extremely popular with Lightroom Classic users (using the midi2lr plugin). It is unfortunate that the developers couldn't invest a little bit of time to make this device awesome in Audition and Premiere Pro by creating one or more maps for it to make this and other control surfaces as useful as possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bin in Project panel

Hello!
    It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. distorted volume when converting WAVs to MP3 in Batch processing

when using Batch processing AA adds a lot of volume to converted mp3 files to the point it gets distorted, it happened before in previous updates but it was fixed in the one before 13.0.5.36 but in the latest one it's doing it again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please create a way for the Audition volume keyframes to be seen and adjustable in the premiere timeline

It would be very helpful to autoduck volume on movie stems against director commentary, and have those keyframes show back up in the premiere pro timeline for further adjustment against picture.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a single button to arm all tracks for record in Multitrack Session

I record 32 tracks of live audio coming into Audition via Dante. It is cumbersome to click each individual track to arm them all for recording. A single "arm all" button would make this task so much faster.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Current Version of Audition is running slow

Current Version of Audition 2020 having poor performance on Windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need amplitude zoom in Multitrack Editor

In the Multitrack Editor, please add the ability to zoom waveform amplitude without increasing its amplitude (already available in the Waveform Editor). This would be very helpful for editing low-level recordings where the waveform is difficult to discern. Zooming individual tracks is helpful, but not always sufficient for making precise edits.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base