Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scan for audio drop outs

sometimes when i am recording a mix to disk i have later discovered that due to windows update or some other back ground task the mix has dropped out a 1/4 second here or there and i do not always want to have to take 2 hours and review the mix to verify this is not happening.
    it would make sense if the software could scan for this type of irregularity and put markers where i should double check the mix .. thus saving previewing time ..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. external effects

Addition of plugin to send to external output and then compensate for latency. Presently, it is possible to route to an audio output on a separate bus and then bring it in as an input on a new track, but this has limitations and adds more tracks. It would be great if we could "patch" to an external hardware chain on the source track and have it process the effects in latency-adjusted time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. input effects

Would love if one could add FX to the input chain. That is, process FX on the incoming audio so that they are recorded into the tracks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Join Through Edits (not make new merged clip)

It seems as though it would be workflow functional to have the ability to remove edits created in continuous audio clips. Same way we can with right click "join Through Edit" in Premiere Pro. I know the merge clips workaround yet this is not the same thing and creates a new file. Seems like to much when I simply want to remove an edit or split. Thank you for taking the time to review this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Arrakis/Digilink Metadata Similar to Wide Orbit

I'm curious about some added functionality to Adobe Audition. I work in radio and was happy to see that Adobe Audition had functionality for Wide Orbit Radio Automation Metadata. By this I mean, Artist, Title, Intro and EOM information could be saved in the wav form and then read by Wide Orbit automation - thereby saving millions of radio people the extra step of having to enter this information manually in Wide Orbit's file system.

I'm now working for Humana as their Senior Radio Station Consultant. Yes, we have a radio station! We use APEX and DIGILINK by Arrakis Systems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a light Audition interface please.

Is it very difficult to have a light interface next to all these black interface windows? I almost cried laughing when seeing the several options like 'Melon', I mean it's all just black and grey?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blind me with a light interface please!!

Is it very difficult to have a light interface next to all these black depressing windows?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blind me with a light interface please!!

Is it very difficult to have a light interface next to all these black depressing windows?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please fix the punch and roll bug.

There is a bug in the Punch and Roll feature that sometime inserts an artifact at the punch in point. It takes a bit of the recording just prior to the punch in point and pastes it after the point and just before recording starts. It would be helpful if I could upload a file that shows this but apparently sound files aren’t allowed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audition Performance Issues After Updates

I have a pretty fast desktop (AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, RTX 3090) and yet Adobe Audition is the only program that stutters when opening, takes SECONDS to respond when moving the window, and has the audio tracks and their rendering delayed when displayed in fullscreen.

The funny thing is around three months ago this wasn't an issue. I'm unsure whether it was a Windows Update or an Audition one, but it's been impossible to remedy since (fresh installs, updates to pretty much everything).

They fact that it's only Audition that exhibits this must mean it's something that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DO IT NOW

fix the bugs with the crashes ! 6 months the same problem and adobe dosnt react... super adobe!!! my trust in you grows every day a little...
    what is wrong with you? why the screenshot option when you dont use it to help? audition seems to be a tumor or a thing like this for you, in photoshop, since 2003, never exist this kind of service problems... why here? are you crazy to risc your image in thinking abought adobe? for me adobe was the one and only... this is true! and now?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. just a personal want to pay to buy , the thinking is support adobe develop more future for poor people, even i am a poor people . the money

just a personal want to pay to buy , the thinking is support adobe develop more future for poor people, even i am a poor people . the money i can pay will be not large money but willing .creating more possible for poor people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Netflix Preset in new Loudness Meter

There's a bit more to the Netflix delivery spec. besides a -27 LKFS (I) Loudness target. Based on meter's lack of necessary descriptors it appears Dolby's Speech Gating Ref. Code (re: BS-1770-1) has yet to be added. Is this in the works?

-paul.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Error: Apple AudioToolbox cannot open the specified file. Error Code: 'dta?'

Since v22.0 audition wont open mp3 files on mac. had to go back to v14.

Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maintain the zoom when going back into waveform of same clip. Stop it zooming out everytime!

Maintain the zoom when going back into waveform of same clip. Stop it zooming out everytime.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding Normalize to -3 db in effects rack

So many times I build what a click a way takes care of in my effects rack, but there isn't anyway to add Normalize -3 db in effects rack and that I cant understand why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Mute Clip behavior has changed in latest update

Before the current update, you could select several clips and Mute them, and each clip would flip its current Mute state. This behaved just like Clip Enable in Premiere, and it allowed you easily demo various takes with one keystroke. Now, if you select a mix of muted and unmuted clips, Mute sets them all to be muted, and pressing it again unmutes them all. Not the behavior we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug with mastering effect

Using a the EQ in the special > mastering plugin create a crazy sharp peak at the end of the spectrum.

I have tested with low shelf, peak and high shelf they all create the sharp peak over 10k.

Granted it might not be audible but it could cause issues with headroom or create a crazy resonance. This plugin never did it before in the history of audition not sure why this bug has appeared now.

See screenshot below.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back loudness radar for Mac M1

Bring back loudness radar for Mac M1

1 vote

We're glad you're here