Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Adobe Audition: Crased when exporting MP3

Last night I was trying to save a MP3 file using Adobe Audition (11.1.1.3) then, AU just crashed when exporting the file. AU just completely stopped to work and I was not able to "cancel" the action. I literaly had to stop the application (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) on my Windows 10.

But something really estrange happened. AU did save the file but keep crashed. It happened several times, everytime I tryied to save a MP3 file and ONLY with a MP3 file.

I runned for suport on Twitter, and for some tests was asked me to try convert…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert stereo tracks into its original multi-tracks

Convert any stereo track back to it's original multi-track format by introducing machine learning and artificial intelligence by analyzing the stereo track and comparing the sounds and vocals to sounds and vocals in a database which contains a vast library of various sounds, instruments and vocals. Or let the user manually enter the types of instruments, sounds and vocals that are used on the track. Once the comparative analysis is done, it will convert the stereo track into it's original multi-track. The user can then remix, add or delete tracks from the multi-track and create something new.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Incorrect file header for mono files copied from stereo file.

Incorrect file header for mono files copied from stereo file.

When a single track is copied from a stereo file (L or R) to a new file (Edit > Copy To New) and saved, the file header probably still says it is a stereo file. I though this bug was gone but it looks like it isn't.

When sending to Izotope RX6 for example, RX6 receives a stereo file (with only audio in 1 track). This also happens when unchecking "save metadata" and when closing and re-opening both audition and the file. Pro Tools also used to think it was…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Retention of Applied Plugin(s) and/or Effect(s)

User should have the option to (1) close an instantiated plugin/effect/chain instance after applying (this is the current behavior). Or, (2) allow the instantiated plugin/effect/chain to remain active after applying. This would free the user from the need to constantly re-instantiate. One case example would be the use of an EQ instance to apply a surgical high-pass filter to "spot process" consistent plosives throughout a recorded piece. Bypassing the plugin/effect/chain after it's applied without physicilly closing it establishes easy (future) accessibility.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VoCo

Bring project VoCo to Audition as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Frequency editing in Photoshop and back to audition

It would be nice to be able to export a wavfile as picture, edit it in Photoshop and the reimport the picture to audition. So every manipulation on the picture in photoshop has effect on the wavfile.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put Manual Pitch Correction as an FX on the multitrack page

This will allow real time manual control over pitch correction using an automation lane as well as providing a reference track for easier tuning.
    The Manual Pitch Correction FX in Audition in the hands of a skilled operator can produce far superior results than 3rd party FX like AutoTune and Melodyne

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More CD-Master options and Exportpossibilities

It would be helpful to be able to get the tracknames, trackorder and length as cleartext when creating an album. Also more options to define pauses and trackmarkers like CD-Architect.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Spot Healing Brush Tool (stop leaving gaps of silence behind)

Using the Spot Healing Brush Tool tends to leave holes that are quieter than the surrounding audio, which is rarely what we'd want. The only time the tool truly works well is if you've recorded audio in a perfect environment with no audible noise floor. That's not how the real world typically works, though.

Just to visualize what I mean, try this:
    - Effects > Generate > Noise and Apply
    - Use the Spot Healing Brush Tool above the 1.5k range
    - notice that you're leaving holes of quietness behind wherever you paint

It would be incredible if the algorithm…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Video displayed in Waveform Editor

Re:Video displayed in Wave Editor. When you apply processing - a new audio file is created disassociated from the video. I would prefer option to replace the source audio with processed audio - and export via video pass-thru to prevent re-encoding.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. One-Way Mix-Paste Cross Fade

The cross fade option while mix-pasting is great, but i would love to be able to set it to crossfade just the top or just the tail (or both like it is now) depending on the situation.

Example...

I want to mix-paste something, but want it to cross fade at the start of the paste, and be a straight cut style paste at the end of it.

I will try to explain better if that didn't make sense.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SEQUENCER

Audition needs a sequencer for be more powerful in terms of audio editing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to use more javascript in audition

It would be fine to control certain dialog boxes via JS. For example: A Sound is analyzed by Auditon and has as result a tonenumber (C3). This info would be useful to be scripted to the filename for sampling.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Latency issues with usb microphones

Can we lower the latency option to 0 instead of the lowest being 30?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. NEW ZOOM BUG

Audition can't adjust correctly the new zoom (to see all clips) view into multitrack panel when there's more than 200 tracks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MORE EFFECTS

Audition could have more effects for special effects, music and more, such as Pro Tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix a bug

The last two releases have included what I see as a bug. When in PLAY mode, if I "Zoom To Selection" or "Zoom In At In Point" at the beginning of a file, the play head stays in the middle of the window. However (in the last two releases) if I do the same towards the END of the file it zooms to the wrong spot, and I don't see the play head. I'm on build 11.1.0.184.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base