Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fades

On "Fade In" and "Fade Out" I would like much greater control to raise the beginning and end of a fade. i.e. beginning +.25 to +11dB... I want to change the numbers independent of one another. This was a feature I got very use to in Cool Edit... If people want the quick fade in and fade out that is great keep it. But I would love having the greater control.
    Sometime I will fade out 0 to -240. Also, sometimes I need to go from +.25 to +7 or whatever to ride the end of a song, bed, or…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Audition 2020 Export to Adobe Premier Pro Multitrack Mixdown ignores Side-chain

When I try to Export to Adobe Premier Pro (Mixdown to Stereo file) a multi-track Adobe Audition 2020 project the produced wave file ignores all side-chains, applying the effects across the entire track.

The effects seem fine in program until the final wave file is created.

After doing some testing: Actually, now side-chaining isn't even working in the 2020 program now at all.

Tried the 2019 version and everything works fine for me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume Adjustment Knob/Panel Opacity

It would be great if you could adjust the opacity of this. It can be annoying when it is covering the wav. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Ripple Delete deletes automation data

Using "Ripple Delete" to delete a clip on a track deletes the automation data for every track apart from the one you have used ripple delete on.

Build 12.1.1.42
    Windows 10

See: https://youtu.be/mMFNREaCpkc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Feature ideas: Match loudness x 2

Hi There!

I am using audition cc 2019 and have a suggestion on how to improve loudness matching. I love this feature in it’s current implementation in the waveform editor as well as in the multitrack version.

First suggestion: It would be great if you were able to disable the peak limiting in IBU 1770-3 loudness matching when using 32 Bit files. What I mean, 32 Bit allows for over 0db audio, so you can alter the amplification at will. It's not necessary to limit peaks in 32 Bit files at that stage, that can always be made afterwards.

Example:…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return playhead to start of selection when playing a selection when playback ends

When playing a selection, don't play on from the end of the selection the next time the play button is pressed. Instead, play the selection again. That's why it's selected in the first place!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please/Bitte dark Menues like/wie in Photoshop...

Please/Bitte dark Menues like/wie in Photoshop...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Head Acoustics audio files .hdf and .dat.

I would like to be able to use Head Acoustic data files (.hdf .dat) as audio files in the software. Head Acoustics tools is often used in the automotive industry for sound quality purposes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save function opens "Save As" menu every single time after opening a loading a Premiere project into Audition

I can't save my Audition projects easily because it asks me to "Save As" each time. The problem has been described here as of 6 months ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Audition/Audition-12-1-save-always-does-save-as/td-p/10422999#11026538

Using a Mac, Mojave. Latest version of Audition.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug report - ASIO playback breaks up depending on sample rate

Using Audition 2019, Windows 10, Digigram VX881E sound card.
    Playback breaks up if the sound card clock rate is set the same as the file rate. If the clock is set to 44.1k, a 44.1k file will break up on playback, but a 48k will play fine. Same problem the other way around. Recording seems OK. This is using ASIO.
    NOTE: This problem does NOT occur with Audition CS6 or Audition 2018, only Audition 2019.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Effects rack preset folders/organization

The ability to organize presets into folders would be extremely helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. My system is 32 bit. It uses the CS6 which you no longer support. You should offer some sort of program compatible with 32 bit.

I have to have a 32 bit system to run a program for my work. I had been running (paid for) CS6 Audition, with out an issue. Until now. And now, you dont support it. It has crashed and I cannot access my work projects.
    You should have SOMETHING to use on a 32 bit system, or Adobe or we have no use for adobe products at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Capture noise print (shift-P) does not work unless Noise Reduction Effect module has been opened first

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember, but currently with OS X and Audition CC 2018 11.0.0.199.

Basically, upon launching Audition and opening an audio file, I am able to select a portion of audio, then press Shift-P to define an audio print, however when I open the Noise Reduction effect module (Cmd-Shift-P) and preview or Apply the settings the resulting processed audio has not changed. I have to re-define the noise print in order for it to work.

Note- If I first launch the Noise Reduction module (Cmd-Shift-P) and then capture the noise print…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audition crashes when exit the program

Hi there!!!

I'm using the soundboard "MOTU AVB Ultralite" ASIO. When I'm exiting the program, it crashes. All settings are saved and all are normal in the program. Only crash when exiting after the last update. Premiere are normal with the last update.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Linux Version

Adobe, create a Linux version of Audition,please!

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base