Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Substaintial Plugin instability on 16,1 MacBook Pro running Catalina

I'm migrating over to a new secondary machine (brand new MBP, 16", 6 core, 4 GB Video engine). Catalina out of the box. I'm having all sorts of problems running plugins. Mainly - instant crashing upon instantiation and/or out of the ordinary sluggish performance. E.g. - (A) any attempt to instantiate plugins by Nugen Audio immediately crash (the most current version of) Audition. (B)Displaying the UI by SuprEsser by Sonnox severly inhibits the fluidity of the playhead. (C)Elixir by Flux and Loudness Radar (native) by TC Electronic appear as small sort of tiles in the lower left of the Audition…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to select a default "save as" file type

It is just one more out of MANY steps I have to perform each time I have to go in and select my file type while saving a file. There's also the opportunity to accidentally select the wrong type (because MP3 and MP2 are RIGHT NEXT to one another). Having a DEFAULT file type to save to would save a LOT of time.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: macOS Big Sur Multitrack Waveform Display Problems

Using the 2020 and the Beta release of Audition on macOS Big Sur (I am aware, it's beta software).
    I am seeing the waveforms not render correctly in a multi-track view.
    It's actually almost impossible to work with these waveforms (see attachment).
    The waveforms sometimes jump back to normal when zooming in and out or scrolling or making a cut.
    But I thought I'd report this so people are aware and either not upgrade to Big Sur for now or Adobe can fix it before the public release of Big Sur.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audition for iOS

Adobe Team,

I’d love to see an iPhone and iPad version of Audition to support audio recording and light editing in field.

Perhaps this app could interface with some of the multitrack digital recorders on the market or Adobe could release its own awesome control surface for their apps similar to LoupeDeck.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Global application volume control!

In a big studio where the speakers are set to calibrated levels, Audition I a great tool to audition content as it comes in. The problem is auditioning lots of files of varying loudnesses. I need a volume knob or slider in Audition that controls the total output level of the app before it hits Core Audio. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Variable playback speed! Double Speed Is Too Fast

I edit a lot of long audio - podcasts lasting an hour or more. I would REALLY like to be able to listen to it faster - like 1.5 speed. That would help tremendously.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Utilize CPUs better when mixing down to file

I have a podcast template with 6 voice tracks, a dialog bus, SFX / music tracks and a final mix/check bus before master. I have 1-2 VST effects on each of these. Mixing down a 2 hour podcast episode will easily take an hour on a pretty decent machine - with 15% CPU utilization.

I realize this is complex, but couldn't the mixdown process be modularized to take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system, and thus probably reduce the mixdown time greatly?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. transcribe audio

Create a feature that transcribes audio to text. This feature use to be available in Premiere Pro CC 8.1 and older versions. Improve the technology and implement it into Audition CC

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multitrack - razor tracks without stopping playback

It would be a massive time saver if it were possible to razor tracks during playback without having to stop playback first. It's possible to do this in Premiere Pro, and I'd like to see the same feature in Audition's Multitrack. I'm in a position where I find it faster to rough cut multitrack speech programming in video editing software than audio software!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The latest macOS version is not compatible with AirPods Pro?

When using AirPods pro, the software doesn't work properly. The audio sounds pretty noisy and cannot be played and paused smoothly. Using other wired audio devices or the Windows version sounds all good. Is this some compatibility problem?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color of the app icon

Why did the color of the Audition app icon change to the same color as After Effects? I liked it more when it was green. It was easier and faster to navigate between apps. Now the only difference is the "e" and "u". Before video was purple and audio green, it was so much easier!
    Anke

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Nondestructive Waveform Editing

When making edits to an individual clip it would great if it would save the changes as a recipe as in Lightroom Classic, or transparently render a new file into media cache or RAM and change the pointers to reference it. This would operate safely the way Lightroom Classic, Premiere Pro and other professional apps operate.

Additionally, the users shouldn’t be promoted to manually save changes to clips. This should be done automatically in the background and the multitrack editor and Dynamic Link partners should reference the newest clip version without manual file reference / save as changes.

Perhaps in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Controller surface optimization

It would be wonderful if the arrow keys on my control surface would scroll my entire screen by half a screen at a time, instead of moving my playhead, since that's what the jog wheel is for. Also, it would be wonderful to have faster, or even variable scrubbing speed on my jog wheel, because that is god awfully slow

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug: macOS Big Sur with Audio file Display Problem

I have seen people reporting about display problems in Multitrack Waveform. I also want to show that it also affect single audio file as well. I unstalled and reinstalled Adobe Audition but the problem was still the same.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save Track multiple track FX as preset channel strip

I edit a podcast and we typically use the same 3-4 effects plugins on the same 3 voices for each episode. I already have presets of the individual plugins saved, but it could be nice to be able to save all FX on a single track as a preset channel strip.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. why do I now have to sign in every time I open my laptop? frustrating!

make it easier to contact someone! why do I have to now sign in every time I open my laptop? Frustrating

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Even if just a "Light" version, Audition for Android and/or chrome would be pretty useful.

Even if just a "Light" version, Audition for Android and/or chrome would be pretty useful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base