Skip to content

Audition

ANNOUNCEMENT — This forum is moving

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas. To improve communications between you and the Audition team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Audition page on the Adobe Support Community forum. Ideas and bugs will live separately in that forum, and existing ideas and bugs from this forum will be moved to the new forum. 

Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please re-post it on our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Bin in Project panel

Hello!
    It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
    Thank you

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Exposing VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs

Audition, unfortunately, doesn't expose VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs nor to a universal MIDI learn capability. I'd like to recommend to expose this parameter to MIDI so that it would benefit users of every audio control surface (specifically looking at getting Monogram Controllers for Audition). If exposed to the control surface plugin API, it would benefit other similar devices to Monogram that use a native integration with Audition.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. iPad Pro version of Audition

There is already Audition running on the Mac M1 why not have a version for the iPad Pro m1?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. transcribe audio

Create a feature that transcribes audio to text. This feature use to be available in Premiere Pro CC 8.1 and older versions. Improve the technology and implement it into Audition CC

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Trackpad use has degraded in recent updates

I use a Magic Trackpad or MBP touchpad when working in Audition. I could scroll and pinch to zoom in with precision (even while the audio was playing). In the last few updates, this has gone downhill in a big way. Scrolling almost invariably now zooms out and the scrolling motion is... I believe the term is "janky". PLEASE fix -- this is adding significant time to my editing workflow. What was once seamless and invisible is now a glaring time suck. Thanks for looking at it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Al- Thanks for the report. When did the degradation start? New version of Audition? New version of macOS? Thanks!

6. Folders in Files Window

Currently there is no way to organise your imported files within the Files window. I would love to sort my audio files into Music, SFX, Dialogue, Video etc. After Effects and Premiere both support this and would be a great addition to Audition as well.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tap tempo/BPM

I would love the ability to tap the tempo on the mouse or keyboard and get the metronome and everything else about the song to follow that bpm.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. aaf import PLEASE!!!!

Two years since people started asking for this. Still nothing. I guess it's too much trouble. I'll stick with Pro Tools then.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow finer adjustments to playback speed, allow changes to horizontal scrolling performance

JKL is pretty familiar to anyone who uses Audition regularly. If you edit podcasts, you know how crucial this can be for the purposes of saving time. The problem is, much like the terrible means of searching for silence in Audition (for the purposes of dialogue editing, anyway), it’s far too rigid and playback sounds incredibly unnatural. Right now, I have my shuttle increases set to half speed, which gives me a roughly 1.3X playback. I’d like to use a higher speed, but anything greater than that is useless for spoken word. They’re chipmunks and you can’t understand anything. Pro…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Accessibility improvements for blind users

Welcome
    I am blind user of your trial version of adobe audition, however i am totally blind user with big experience of using Windows operating system and MacOS with screen readers. Unfortunatelly the adobe audition has not accessible on both platforms. It is most important to add the accessibility features to your APP such as accessibility assistant in acrobat reader. There are lots of users with visually empires around the world who use the computers and mobile devices as second eyes. I am radio journalist and editing audio material is my work, so adding this feature will improve my work…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please change the font size and the color schemes: too hard to read!

I couldn't believe it the first time I opened the new Adobe Audition interface. The gray on gray and tiny font is IMPOSSIBLE to read easily in any color "scheme". Please go back to the previous Adobe Audition interface, which was wonderful and much easier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. reset marker numbering

Currently, when I create a series of markers they are numbered sequentially which is fine. ie, 1, 2, 3... However, if I delete, say Marker 3, and then make a new marker, that one is named is Marker 4.

I would expect the Marker name to resume at 3 since I just deleted 3. This is important to me because I often create selection markers for glossary terms that need to remain in the exact sequence in which they were recorded. If I delete a marker there is no way to go back and reset the count without deleting all…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. urgently need a light mode

I am sorry to repeat this but I feel it is URGENT. I have bright lights behind my desk that I cannot avoid (an open window) and I can't see the interface properly because it is on a black background. We seriously seriously seriously need to be able to make the background a light colour. I can't see what i am doing on a sunny day and I can't move the window nor myself. The same goes for Premiere. I know there are many people who find the dark background unacceptable. it is not a fashion statement, it is a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View Edit Window and Multi-track window at the same time.

I would like the ability to have the Edit Mode open on one screen and the Multitrack Mode open on another screen.

The way I cut in Premiere is similar. I have Source and Program Monitors, along with Project, Effects, etc. on one screen and a large timeline for the entirety of the second monitor screen.

I'd love to be able to do something similar in Audition. Have both Edit and Multi-track open at all times. This way I can easily and quickly doctor clips, then immediately adjust in the multitrack view.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use the same keyboard shortcuts for the Razor Cut Tool in Audition and Premiere

It's infuriating switching between the two programs and having to mentally switch between using 'C' in Premiere and 'R' in Audition. They do the same thing, so they should use the same shortcut.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How about a light user interface for people who are not Goth fans?

For those of us who work in bright rooms all of the current interface display settings are so dark that it is very (very) hard to use.
    There used to be a light interface, when did that get lost?
    I know dark is supposedly 'cool' these days - but this too shall pass.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjustable horizontal scrolling speed

There should be a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel). the default settings are unusable slow. Please make it a setting that can be adjusted or improve the speed greatly

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Grouping of channels on the Mixer like in Pro Tools

In Pro Tools you can assign multiple tracks to single groups so things you do to one channel happens to all of them in that group.
    For example, group all the drum tracks, select that Group, adjust the fader, mute, solo, turn FX on or off of one channel in that Group and they all do it.
    Please note it isn't the same as bussing the tracks to a single Aux.
    Multiple tracks could be in more than one Group.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically adapt to audio input/output device changes

I spend a lot of time on a laptop (MacBook Pro w/ Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C ports). Every time I shut and re-open my laptop, every time I unplug my headphones for a sec, etc, Audition refuses to play because the hardware has changed, saying "Audition has detected a problem with the current hardware settings." This happens several times a day.

Even if I only unplug my headphones for a sec and then plug them back in, it requires me to go into settings, choose a different output and then switch my setting back to headphone output. This has long…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile App

I would like to see Adobe Audition as a mobile app.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base