Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Same start and end time for the waveform view across files

It should be possible to set it so that when zooming into one file, switching to another with CTRL-tab, the same view is used. This would be useful for working with multiple recordings of the same audio.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlighted (to be processed) section should be different then playback section

When processing a highlighted section, that section is being playback. This is in my case not what i want. When editing a part of a sample, let's say the punch of a kick drum, the playback is about 50 ms and that sound like a machine gun. But without playback i can't hear what i'm doing. I would like to see a function where you can loop the whole sample for playback while also hearing the highlighted part your processing. In this way you can hear what your processing does to the whole sample. Then when you're happy with the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. High and low frequencies randomly removed from waveform after bounce

(Using Audition built 12.1.3.10)

I've been working on a project for a few hours and so far this random bug has ruined my dialogue track three times.

I have all my dialogue laid down to one track sent over from Premiere. I bounce all the tracks to a new track. Do a master volume mix and some light editing. I'll move onto foley, ambience, etc. and then randomly my dialogue bounce track has tons of high and low frequencies removed. I have no effects applied to the clip or track--only volume automation. There's nothing to undo, remove, or change... it's…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. insert

I would like the new punch and roll functionality to have the option (triggered by a key stroke) to insert new recorded audio, instead of overwriting which is the only option at the moment.

This means that I can't open a section of audiobook that needs pickups and insert the audio - moving the existing audio to the right. P+R can't be used to quick edits as it stands.

Behaviour should be similar to CMD+D in OcenAudio

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Redraw waveforms.

I would like a pencil tool or something similar to redraw a waveform. Auto Heal works great, but sometimes you need to smooth out just a bit or mirror the surrounding waveform. Protools, Cubase, Sound Forge all have this functionality.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restoring off centre vinyl discs

It would help me if Audition had a function to restore the wow in sound, created by an off centre vinyl disc. I tried to use the Time and Pitch functions in the effects menu but it doesn't give me what I need

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug Report: Auto Heal

When selecting sections of a waveform to auto heal, randomly Audition will cause large clicks or pops in the audio as pictured. This is after I used the marquee selection tool to select a small area(about the width of the click waveform) and then performed auto heal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UX improvements to make Paintbrush Selection usable so that Sound Remover — Learn Sound Model is usable.

To use the awesome Sound Remover effect, you must first carefully paint over the frequencies that make up the sound you want to learn and remove. The Paintbrush Tool is the tool to use for this, but it’s so painful to use it’s discouraging,

For instance, if you carefully paint over all of what you want (if you first go into System Preferences and set Mouse Tracking Speed to the slowest setting), then when doing the last little bit your mouse button sensor “bounces” and is detected as a double-click, it immediately selects the entire view and you lose your…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a ripple insert function (like many of your competitors have)

A function that inserts clipboard contents into a clip instead of overwriting existing content. I realize this might be a duplicate entry but it seems your customers have been asking for this feature for a LONG time and yet no priority is placed on it. So to hopefully make the thorn in the proverbial shoe bigger...

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. monitor volume in waveform editor

A monitor volume is absolutely necessary when editing in the waveform editor. No one whishes to fancy with hardware control volumes, nor change the audiofile level to adjust listening level.
    Adding a little monitor volume setting in dB. the Levels pannel is no harm and would protect users ears from overloads.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sustain Loop Marker

I can add a loop marker, but since it's not a sustain loop marker written in smpl chunk, other software such as Sound Forge, Kontakt, or Wwise does not recognize the wave file's loop information. I'd want a loop marker to be an sustain loop marker by default, or please at least add an option to convert it into a sustain loop marker.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: can't drag individual samples or right-click to enter value like in previous versions.

Bug: can't drag individual samples or right-click to enter value like in previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to adjust fades for effects and mix/paste

It would be great to have more functionality in Waveform editing. I would like to be able to add an effect, like EQ or Reverb to a section, but be able to fade that effect in or easily adjust the point at which it happens. Sound Forge (windows) has a great way of doing this.
    For example, in Sound Forge if you want to add EQ or any effect for say 5 seconds of a file, you highlight the area you want to effect, and in the window where you adjust the EQ/effect/paste etc there is an option for advanced…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preview and edit position on mix-paste

It would be extremely helpful to have a preview function available on mix-paste! As it stands now, you have to complete the mix-paste to hear how it sounds, instead of previewing it to make sure you have the correct location and levels. Also, the ability to move the mix-paste position while in the mix-paste window would be extremely helpful as well!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. waveform

RE: CASE NUMBERADB-3289363-G4Q9E

Unexpected Waveform Behavior. After recording for about three minutes the Waveform no longer shows (which makes it impossible to edit!).
    These are random occurrences but when it does happen I have to begin another WAV file and continue recording. Mayur, senior Adobe Advisor, had me reinstall Adobe 2017 and the waveform reappeared. Then after closing Adobe CC 2018 and reopening the file the Waveform image magically reappeared! Tis' a puzzlement.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Waveform Editor Grid

I would like to have the option to toggle the visibility of the Waveform Editor Grid. This feature was available in legacy versions of Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Audition 2019 Bug

fade out square at top right sometimes doesn't appear on mixdown (waveform editor)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 16-bit dither switch is flipped

When I save a 16-bit wav file (mine happens to be 8 ch), if I click on the sample type options, and Dithering: Disabled, if I close and open the file again I notice noise in the silence portions of my file where it was identically 0 before.

If I do the same, but select Dithering: Enabled, the silence portions are identically 0.

It seems that the Dithering switch is flipped.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug making it hard to work with multiple files. Selection range and view is persistent from one file to the next.

This used to work correctly. I can't find a preference for it. If it is a bug, please address it soon --- it has completely broken my workflow. Thanks!

To reproduce:
    1. Open two audio files.
    2. In file one, select a range in the waveform editor (e.g. between 1.0-1.5 seconds)
    3. Double click on file two. Note that same range (e.g. 1.0-1.5 seconds) is selected in it. Now select a different range (e.g. 0.5-1.0 seconds)
    4. Double click on file one. Note that new range (e.g. 0.5-1.0 seconds) is now selected in file one (not the original 1.0-1.5 seconds.) …

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base